What is britneys cringiest lyric ever? What is the most complex and mature? What is the most ******?

Nando.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, OrWasThatYourShadow said:

CRINGIEST

-All of "Chillin Wit Chu" & Pretty Girls :boredashell:

- "If there was a scale from one to ten. Then, my love for you is a million, billon."

THE BEST/MOST COMPLEX/MATURE

How can I tell that you mean what you say
You say it so loud, but you're so far away
Maybe I had just a glimpse of your soul
Or was that your shadow I saw on the wall

^Probably my favorite Britney lyrics of all time

MOST ******/NASTY

I'll let you touch me if you want
I see your body rise, rise
And when you come, don't get too hot
Butterfly

Isn't it you sound far away? :lostney:

Also come on, ISBE isn't cringy lyrically

Lol at y'all

She eyes me like a Pisces when I am weak
I've been locked inside your heart-shaped box for weeks
I've been drawn into your magnet tar-pit trap
I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn black  

Recollect me darling raise me to your lips
Two undernourished egos four rotating hips
Hold on to me tightly I'm a sliding scale
Can't endure then you can't inhale
Clearly
Out of body experience interferes
And dreams of flying I fit nearly
Surrounds me though I get lonely
Slowly

Confused by different memories
Details of Asian remedies
Conversations
Of what's become of enemies
My brain thinks bomb-like
So I listen he's a calm type
As I grow
And as I grow, I grow collective
Before the move sit on the perspective
Mr. cradle in the crevice
And watches from the precipice
Imperial passage
Heat from the sun somedays slowly passes
Until then, you have to live with yourself

I lost my heart
Under the bridge
To that little girl
So much to me
And now I'm old
And now I holler
She'll never know
Just what I found

That blue eyed girl
(that blue eyed girl)
She said "no more"
(she said "no more")
That blue eyed girl
(that blue eyed girl)
Became blue eyed *****
('came blue eyed *****)
Down by the water
(down by the water)
I took her hand
(I took her hand)
Just like my daughter
(just like my daughter)
Won't see her again
(see her again)

Here are some complex lyrics, not any lyrics in which Britney features a not so common word :hype:

Guest Diamond Horse
Just now, Бри́тни Спирс said:

Lol at y'all

She eyes me like a Pisces when I am weak
I've been locked inside your heart-shaped box for weeks
I've been drawn into your magnet tar-pit trap
I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn black  

Recollect me darling raise me to your lips
Two undernourished egos four rotating hips
Hold on to me tightly I'm a sliding scale
Can't endure then you can't inhale
Clearly
Out of body experience interferes
And dreams of flying I fit nearly
Surrounds me though I get lonely
Slowly

Confused by different memories
Details of Asian remedies
Conversations
Of what's become of enemies
My brain thinks bomb-like
So I listen he's a calm type
As I grow
And as I grow, I grow collective
Before the move sit on the perspective
Mr. cradle in the crevice
And watches from the precipice
Imperial passage
Heat from the sun somedays slowly passes

I lost my heart
Under the bridge
To that little girl
So much to me
And now I'm old
And now I holler
She'll never know
Just what I found

That blue eyed girl
(that blue eyed girl)
She said "no more"
(she said "no more")
That blue eyed girl
(that blue eyed girl)
Became blue eyed *****
('came blue eyed *****)
Down by the water
(down by the water)
I took her hand
(I took her hand)
Just like my daughter
(just like my daughter)
Won't see her again
(see her again)

Here are some complex lyrics, not any lyrics in which Britney features a not so common word :hype:

Yet Britney doesn't do such lyrics not because she is not capable of it, but she wants to keep it more simple and she still have some good lyrics at being simple that might not always earn the word complex because she herself has said that she wants simple... But she can be deep/intriguing nevertheless.

Just now, NoNeedForSuit&Tie said:

Yet Britney doesn't do such lyrics not because she is not capable of it, but she wants to keep it more simple and she still have some good lyrics at being simple that might not always earn the word complex because she herself has said that she wants simple... But she can be deep/intriguing nevertheless.

How can you be sure? Where's the proof? I'm talking complex lyrics not just good ones. 

Guest Diamond Horse

How can you be sure? Where's the proof? I'm talking complex lyrics not just good ones. 

She has said it in something that is 100% in youtube. She has said that she likes cheesy and she likes simple. I think she has repeatedly talked about simple, certainly in the context of songs too. I don't remember the exact instances, but I am sure somebody can look them up.

Okay, I understand that your definition of complex is different from what we have in this thread. Not that it is a bad thing... But yeah, a song like If I'm Dancing kinda isn't in this definition, lol, that much I do think.

4 minutes ago, NoNeedForSuit&Tie said:

IA...anyway Its useless arguing with Бри́тни Спирс 

Yesterday we had to debate whether any of Britney's albums are masterpieces.... :orangu: 

1 minute ago, NoNeedForSuit&Tie said:

She has said it in something that is 100% in youtube. She has said that she likes cheesy and she likes simple. I think she has repeatedly talked about simple, certainly in the context of songs too. I don't remember the exact instances, but I am sure somebody can look them up.

Okay, I understand that your definition of complex is different from what we have in this thread. Not that it is a bad thing... But yeah, a song like If I'm Dancing kinda isn't in this definition, lol, that much I do think.

Just out of curiosity, what's your definition for complex lyrics? 

Guest Diamond Horse
Just now, neel21 said:

IA...anyway Its useless arguing with Бри́тни Спирс 

Yesterday we had to debate whether any of Britney's albums are masterpieces.... :orangu: 

Well, this sounds like a neverending discussion. I am sure you can present a huge number of pros and cons lol

Guest Diamond Horse
4 minutes ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

Just out of curiosity, what's your definition for complex lyrics? 

Well, with Britney's lyrics, usually it is so obvious when you put some levels of her lyrics in comparison. And I am not very good at giving this definition and it may be very childish now. I want to know yours too... 

But I think that in some cases they should refer to something implicitly in a way that carries both rich emotional and intellectual meaning, the point of it would kinda be to bring something out from the inner world that you can't describe explicitly. Therefore it would be complex for understanding and emotions. Like Shadow maybe? (I don't know if it is a good representation, I haven't really listened to it much etc) Or just using symbols which have a big meaning and combining them to a "story". Like Hold On Tight? Perhaps with Britney kind of complexity I don't always mean complex words, the opposite - I mean simple words that capture complex emotions. Like for me Everytime and Someday I Will Understand. Someday I Will Understand has a huge storyline over generations and God, yet it is somewhat simple... Okay, I'll stop now. So, no, it is not very scientific, but yeah, I am aware that Britney's levels of complexity are a little different than Nirvana's. Yet, I don't think that Nirvana has songs as simple and still poetic/beautiful as Britney???

15 minutes ago, NoNeedForSuit&Tie said:

Well, with Britney's lyrics, usually it is so obvious when you put some levels of her lyrics in comparison. And I am not very good at giving this definition and it may be very childish now. I want to know yours too... 

But I think that in some cases they should refer to something implicitly in a way that carries both rich emotional and intellectual meaning, the point of it would kinda be to bring something out from the inner world that you can't describe explicitly. Therefore it would be complex for understanding and emotions. Like Shadow maybe? Or just using symbols which have a big meaning and combining them to a "story". Like Hold On Tight? Perhaps with Britney kind of complexity I don't always mean complex words, the opposite - I mean simple words that capture complex emotions. Like for me Everytime and Someday I Will Understand. Someday I Will Understand has a huge storyline over generations and God, yet it is somewhat simple... Okay, I'll stop now. So, no, it is not very scientific, but yeah, I am aware that Britney's levels of complexity are a little different than Nirvana's. Yet, I don't think that Nirvana has songs as simple and still poetic/beautiful as Britney???

That is like one of my favourite thing: simbolism. Personally, I like ambiguity the most. I like when you listen to a song and you're completely left wondering what in heaven the ment to say. You know, to make you think and rethink. And yet never have the feeling that you've got exactly what the writer had in their mind. That's my definition for complex lyrics. 

You're so right, tho. 

Guest Diamond Horse

That is like one of my favourite thing: simbolism. Personally, I like ambiguity the most. I like when you listen to a song and you're completely left wondering what in heaven the ment to say. You know, to make you think and rethink. And yet never have the feeling that you've got exactly what the writer had in their mind. That's my definition for complex lyrics. 

You're so right, tho. 

Yeah, sometimes too I like the mystery. But can you give me one song like that that is also very "heartwarming"? (Just for a song recommendation)

12 minutes ago, NoNeedForSuit&Tie said:

Yeah, sometimes too I like the mystery. But can you give me one song like that that is also very "heartwarming"? (Just for a song recommendation)

Well, now that I think about it, the only songs that feature that kind of lyrics that come to my mind rn are either pretty depressing, violent or they make you anxious somehow or sad after you listen to them. They're like nowhere near heartwarming. 

This song makes me feel good, it is so relaxing and beautiful. But I wouldn't label it as very heartwarming. Though its lyrics are not that simple they are not among their most complex either. 

MATURE

The feeling of going down way too deep 
Holding on 
So you won't lose your feet 
Sometimes you just gotta trust 
You gotta take that leap 
And let go 
Gotta let go  

basically all of Let go

and

Little me
Please forgive me