Did Make Me work for you from the first listen or did it need to grow? Was it a good or a bad single choice?

Guest Diamond Horse

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, mauureee said:

it was like heaven to my ears, and still is

G09Wj.gif

Same for me sis! First time I heard it right when it came out I felt so excited and impressed and I just felt so good, riding in my car with the song blasting. Because I really felt Britney on this record for the first time in a while too. I needed this **** song in my life. Make Me really is one of my fave tracks ever, seriously. :verycool:

It's a shame it didn't do even better than it did because it deserved much more. Radio is killing Britney man. It's like they decided they wouldn't support as much because well you know she's not as mainstream as she used to be. Ummm sorry!? They did the same with Madonna, Celine... one day they stop playing you as much and because radio basically sets the trends and feed people with generic music that we are told we should love. Because if any of the current hit girl would have released Make Me or Glorry, it would have gotten SO much more attention. :donewithit:

I loved it instantly. I thought it was so different from her earlier works. SO glad it became a single tbh. 

I think even though it may not be commercially successful, it shows so much growth from her as an artist and that she's willing to experiment with new sounds and styles! And I love that! 

I still get that wonderful feeling when I listen to Make Me... I wish she wasn't so underrated now tbh I want more people to her this masterpiece of a song! 

Just now, ifuseekari said:

I loved it instantly. I thought it was so different from her earlier works. SO glad it became a single tbh. 

I think even though it may not be commercially successful, it shows so much growth from her as an artist and that she's willing to experiment with new sounds and styles! And I love that! 

I still get that wonderful feeling when I listen to Make Me... I wish she wasn't so underrated now tbh I want more people to this masterpiece of a song! 

1 hour ago, Nata said:

Burns sqid there is original make me music version without g eazy and with Britney's bridge. On the internet and that he's suprised no one found it yet. I hope one day... :snooptoya:

It leaked  . the bridge was just a slower beat and her singing "make me" differently and then ends without her high note at the end 

I loved it. Loved her dry vocals and the beat. G-easy was an awesome addition. Loved the natural goddess like artwork. I find the chorus weak, but that's a consistent flaw in Glory I think.

Then the issues began for me. Despite going for the whole stripped/artsy narrative on the song an album everything still ended up being **** low substance tripe from then on.

Video- horrific 

Performance- typical ****,  lipsynched, uninspired performance that did nothing for their brand narrative they were pushing

Interviews- Pretty much nothing said or passion shown for it

Its a pity because I think the sound is right on target for her but the visuals are wayyyyy off.

I remember the first time I actually heard part of it was when the video leaked and I loved it from first hearing. Not sure if it was just the song or in combination with the video and the dance moves which I thought were really cool. So yeah even after I heard the whole song I loved it. Stil do . 

I remember loving the verses (and I still do) and pre-chorus; but the chorus itself was so messy.

Not just the arrangement but the lyrics "make me oooh oooooh oooooooh oooooooooooh" felt out of place for this particular song. It's like something I'd expect to hear on Clumsy or Private Show.

I might have preferred SP or Love Me Down as a first single. If I'm Dancing as a second. And then, something mid tempo for the third.

I remember being scalped on first listen and thinking the cover art was so **** and what Primeney was about to bring for the coming era. Oh how I was naive. The era was the opposite of what I imagined only saved by the Slumber Party video. Anyway I still love Make Me. I remember not believing it was a Britney song at first because it was so edgy and different, could not believe my ears. :makeitrain:

Archived