Did Make Me work for you from the first listen or did it need to grow? Was it a good or a bad single choice?

Guest Diamond Horse

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It took time to grow on me. The 1st listen I was like: "is that it?" :sipney: I expected the song to explode at some time but it never happen. :sickofu:

However I do like the song, it reminds me of Oopsney, it has some bubblegum taste in it but after listening the full album it wasn't the best option for the LEAD single. She needed catch everybody's attention with some danceable song with more rhythm like BETTER :myjam: plus the MV mess, let's just not...... :nyschool:

2 hours ago, Mohd93 said:

I liked it at first listen but I wasn't crazy about it. I still thought it's a good song in general and her vocals were good.

About a month later I can't stop listening to it. Definitely a grower for me. I especially love the first verse :hipney:

same with me

though i prefer this version

Guest Diamond Horse
Just now, Dark.Knight said:

same with me

though i prefer this version

Watching it back, could it be true that while seeing all these boys auditioning she realized that it all went wrong :orangu:

Guest Diamond Horse
Just now, Dark.Knight said:

i guess i should have specified that i meant the audio, not the video :orangu: 

No, I understand, I just talked a little off-topic from your topic.

It was really strange. Remember that brazilian guy trying to sing it? :riha:It was weird because I knew the song before I even listened to the real thing. It was really good, I had good memories of those days. I was just a little bit disappointed because of the chorus. Also, G-Eazy's part was a positive surprise, well, yes and no, because it wasn't as bad as I expected, it was actually good and it really fit the song, but I think it was just a little bit too long.

Every song by Britney keeps growing on me with time, even the songs I already love. But most of the songs from this album gave me a great impression, except for Just Luv Me which was a huge disappointment, after listening to the snippet I was expecting something so much better. Mood Ring was also kinda meh for me the first time I listened to it, but then I learned to like it. Even Clumsy had a positive reaction in me, I really liked it, but when the rest of the Glory tracks came out, it just couldn't compete with any of them, only with JLM.

Guest Diamond Horse
Just now, PokemonSpears said:

Btw, there's always threads in here about underrated songs, but there's nothing more underrated than the Make Me... (Marc Stout & Tony Arzadon Remix)

This is what she should've performed at the VMAs. It even deserved its own video. I mean, even G-Eazy's part sounds great with the beat.

I like it. Only the vocals for it could have been better/specially done...

I told myself I liked it at first and I supported it fully but

I liked the dancers lq snippet better than the full song. It sounded different and better. I hate the ooo oooo oooos and I'm not really a fan of the way the words get pronounced in syllables, it sounds disjointed. 

I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion but I think there are much better songs on glory and make me should have never been a single, espcially the lead.

If they had made slumber party the lead with that video and given it the promo that make me got, it would have done way better. But I really think Just Luv Me should have been the first single with its vulnerability or liar would have made a splash - that should have been a buzz single actually. Yeah Just Luv Me or mood ring for first single would have been better, more personal. She could have done an acoustic version of either on the vmas and slayed everyone.

Archived