Did Make Me work for you from the first listen or did it need to grow? Was it a good or a bad single choice?

Guest Diamond Horse

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a grower definetely, I like it really much now but at the beginning ngl I was expecting something upbeat and danceable which didn't happen with any of the singles from this era :beyfedup: but going back to the point yeah it was a grower and now I love it especially those vocals that my ex bf used to make fun of her lol :verycool:

I dont even know why i always say this but no one believes me

i expected the best song ever because "britney meets the weeknd"

when it came out i thought it was nothing like britney and i thought it sounded like she didnt wanna sing it

idk

it came from a weird place

story wise in britney's career

and i hate it until today even more because of the disaster that was the promo for it

like i swear i dont understand make me

at all until today

its like a stain on THE MOST BRILLIANT COLLECTION of first singles

Guest Diamond Horse
Just now, Nando. said:

I dont even know why i always say this but no one believes me

i expected the best song ever because "britney meets the weeknd"

when it came out i thought it was nothing like britney and i thought it sounded like she didnt wanna sing it

idk

it came from a weird place

story wise in britney's career

and i hate it until today even more because of the disaster that was the promo for it

like i swear i dont understand make me

at all until today

its like a stain on THE MOST BRILLIANT COLLECTION of first singles

To me, it doesn't sound at all like she wouldn't want to sing it. Her vocals sound so good in it and she is one of the writers.

3 minutes ago, NoNeedForSuit&Tie said:

To me, it doesn't sound at all like she wouldn't want to sing it. Her vocals sound so good in it and she is one of the writers.

What i meant was like, it didnt fit britney, her story, personal story at the time

she was hating men and wanting to burn them all and never get married again and just done with men in general

like it felt forced

she sings it ok but its

idk its just not britney

Guest Diamond Horse
Just now, Nando. said:

What i meant was like, it disnt fit britney, her story, personal story at the time

she was hating men and wanting to burn them all and never get married

like it felt forced

she sings it ok but its

idk its just not britney

But maybe she was still dreaming of a man on the moon etc? Anybody can dream about a perfect partner. Sometimes seemingly in random moments. BTW when was it recorded and how does it fit her timeline? I am not very good at having these deets in my mind.

Archived