Is Britney's new music bad?

britneyausfan

7 hours ago, britneyausfan said:

this is such a poor excuse though, if the music is good, word of mouth gets out and people buy it

it's called being underrated. 

robyn's body talk album was amazing. but i don't see it going down as the most successful dance album.  or any accolades regarding sales and what not. 

britney's music is great. it's just not laced with high profile public relationships, scandals, fueds, etc to fuel any buzz.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Arnold. said:

it's called being underrated. 

robyn's body talk album was amazing. but i don't see it going down as the most successful dance album.  or any accolades regarding sales and what not. 

britney's music is great. it's just not laced with high profile public relationships, scandals, fueds, etc to fuel any buzz.

Ahhh I love body talk!! <3

3 hours ago, britneyausfan said:

this is such a poor excuse though, if the music is good, word of mouth gets out and people buy it

it had opening sales of 100k + ... if people are loving it, they share it with friends, who share it with friends etc.... saying she did no promo too is a lie, compare the promo from BJ to this

She's had so many disappointing moments(to GP) prior to Glory, it takes some time before people willingly check for her again. It takes more than a good album imo....But I also think she's on the right path now. 

15 hours ago, britneyausfan said:

it had opening sales of 100k + ... if people are loving it, they share it with friends, who share it with friends etc.... saying she did no promo too is a lie, compare the promo from BJ to this

word of mouth about a Britney album in 2017? ok. people don't even mention her name, let alone her albums.

there's no correlation between success and quality. Why was BJ more successful than Glory? Why was Baby one More Time more successful than Madonna's Ray of light released the same year? Why did Blackout flop?  ect

Can you justify these with quality? Nope. There a million reasons for music to flop even if it's good. You'll have to deal with the fact that people now don't **** with Britney's music even if it's a masterpiece because of what she did it to her image. Do you even try to talk about Britney to people in real life? pretty sure the reactions weren't cute.

well her music is not totally bad, but she sings the wrong songs and has for a long time (blackout - Britney Jean) been relying on autotune too much (or the producers, as Blackout demos sounded quite natural and the final product we got chipmunkney instead on some songs).  Most of the lead singles could have been sung by anyone and they would have sounded better lets be real. Her management pushes her to pop, whereas I really think she has a huge game in urban and RNB.

They do not fit her voice really and that makes it uneasy to find the britney factor in them.

Plus she has a lot of younger artists that are known to make a song special by performing it live with variating the sound or giving extra feeling. Britney doesn´t. To me it all comes down to the fact that she s not really seen as an artist (i mean even rihanna is seen as a singer nowadays as she has improved a lot, but yet has not written a song by herself) that can make a song special with its voice.

Guest Halaut7

its not a bad album, its quality, but there isn't anything "new" I personally cant listen over and over like I could previous albums, there isn't anything about "current" Britney that is interesting she really just needs to refresh herself, get out of Vegas, and just relax, come up with some new ideas, then present everyone with a new era, it all just seems tired, she's got the energy, she just needs a new creative team, new outfits/songs.

Music can't be objectively measured in terms of quality. It's entirely up to the person whether or not they like the music. So no one is in the wrong for liking or disliking Glory. Exposure/popularity and content are not the same thing, so even if they generally go hand in hand, sales do not correlate with the quality of a song or album. That being said, the album was well-received. So no, most people don't think Britney's new music is bad

It's similar to Madonna.  Britney's music is good, but people don't want to hear her anymore after the breakdown and Arianna, Selena, and Justin Bieber rule the airwaves.  Britney is also 35, her age works against her.  I think what could save her is if she goes back to Max Martin for a lead single (as much as I don't like Katy Perry, she plays it safe by using Max Martin).  Justin Timberlake and Pink did the same with their summer 2016 songs.

Archived