Grammy Performance: Baby One More time + FTBOMBH

Livinginthesin

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

I think its super childish and cringy tbh. I love the vocals in the beginning and think she looked pretty and I love the choreo for Baby one more time. But Lipsyncing at the Grammys was one of the dumbest things she has ever done. Also the robots are ******* dumb.

But from the bottom of my broken heart was live! 

It's not a bad performance by any means; sure, in retrospect it seems childish and silly, but she was just a teenager at the time! Not to mention a teenager who had already experienced enormous controversy due to her having been overly ******. Since it was the most prestigious awards show in music and she was nominated for a huge award, it only made sense to go the safe/innocent route.

The only part I really dislike is that solo "dance break," I think the choreography is so weird, not even remotely reflective of her insane dancing abilities at that time, and have always thought the same about the otherwise flawless BOMT "live in Hawaii" performance as well, where the same dance break is utilized. It's just awkward IMO.

ETA: She looked undeniably crazy beautiful during the performance though, I adore her hair and makeup! 

tumblr_mi0n5iSbyY1qguiwgo1_r1_1280.jpg

1354149867_3-britney-spears-560.jpg

14 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

It's not a bad performance by any means; sure, in retrospect it seems childish and silly, but she was just a teenager at the time! Not to mention a teenager who had already experienced enormous controversy due to her having being overly ******. Since it was the most prestigious awards show in music and she was nominated for a huge award, it only made sense to go the safe/innocent route.

The only part I really dislike is that solo "dance break," I think the choreography is so weird, not even remotely reflective of her insane dancing abilities at that time, and have always thought the same about the otherwise flawless BOMT "live in Hawaii" performance as well, where the same dance break is utilized. It's just awkward IMO.

ETA: She looked crazy beautiful during the performance, I adore her hair and makeup! 

britney-grammys-5-1423025825.gif

1354149867_3-britney-spears-560.jpg

Totally agree with this-that dance break was the only part I didn't like. It mostly just made me cringe, like the weird random leg kick and the arm flapping thing. As for the rest of it, I think she killed it. Her vocals for FTBOMBH were great and her dancing was spot on besides the weird break. Plus she looked amazing and while yea the aliens are cheesy now, I think they probably added an interesting element back then. Idk why people pan this performance tbh. Poor Primeney. :bpo:

1 minute ago, OrWasThatYourShadow said:

Totally agree with this-that dance break was the only part I didn't like. It mostly just made me cringe, like the weird random leg kick and the arm flapping thing. As for the rest of it, I think she killed it. Her vocals for FTBOMBH were great and her dancing was spot on besides the weird break. Plus she looked amazing and while yea the aliens are cheesy now, I think they probably added an interesting element back then. Idk why people pan this performance tbh. Poor Primeney. :bpo:

But how the dancing is wierd for u guys... i see the dancing like a solo dance break with classy moves, not ****** or pop moves.. its like dancing with the air :giggleney:

and she was FEELING IT

Just now, Livinginthesin said:

But how the dancing is wierd for u guys... i see the dancing like a solo dance break with classy moves, not ****** or pop moves.. its like dancing with the air :giggleney:

and she was FEELING IT

Some of it is okay, but like I said the random leg kick she does feels totally out of place, and then the weird arm flapping thing where she puts one hand to her head and flaps both arms was just stupid looking. And then when she crouches on the ground and just like, bops there for a quick sec and gets back up. Those are the things I didn't like about the break-the rest of it was good though imo.

15 minutes ago, OrWasThatYourShadow said:

Some of it is okay, but like I said the random leg kick she does feels totally out of place, and then the weird arm flapping thing where she puts one hand to her head and flaps both arms was just stupid looking. And then when she crouches on the ground and just like, bops there for a quick sec and gets back up. Those are the things I didn't like about the break-the rest of it was good though imo.

:blol: Your description is pretty perfect:

britney-grammys-12-1423025857.gif

Gotta give Primeney props though, whatever she did, she did it with CONFIDENCE. She's still technically a very good dancer, so I'd argue that's the primary difference between her then and now. Confidence on stage makes all the difference (one of the reasons someone like Beyonce, for example, is perceived to be a much better entertainer than she actually is--she's supremely confident and it translates very well on stage). 

Archived