Everytime//In the zone nominations

EarlyMorning

so I was looking through her awards and how come Everytime hasnt received any recognition like ever........ its my favorite ballad by her and In the zone is the best album and she never won any award for that album ...(except Japan award)  or am I blind .. actually I really thought she won many many awards..but she had just many nominations... she is so underrated!! she should win all those nominations.... 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Britney_Spears

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"In the zone" would have scored multiple Grammy nominations in a different year. The 2005 ceremony was very competitive.  She only managed to get 1 nomination for "Toxic" for Best dance recording, thats likely the reason she didn't even bother to attend, she probably felt snubbed and wasn't expecting anything for such random nomination.  It was probably a big surprise for her and her team when they were told she had won that night, I'm sure she didn't expect it otherwise she would have attended. 

2005 was pretty competitive, I can understand somehow the lack of nominations, however I do feel "Toxic" was snubbed on the Record of the year category, it should've been nominated. 

Overall ITZ gave Britney a Grammy, MTV Europe music award and Billboard music award anyway.  The "Britney" era may be her least awarded one. 

28 minutes ago, Dinirocal said:

"In the zone" would have scored multiple Grammy nominations in a different year. The 2005 ceremony was very competitive.  She only managed to get 1 nomination for "Toxic" for Best dance recording, thats likely the reason she didn't even bother to attend, she probably felt snubbed and wasn't expecting anything for such random nomination.  It was probably a big surprise for her and her team when they were told she had won that night, I'm sure she didn't expect it otherwise she would have attended. 

2005 was pretty competitive, I can understand somehow the lack of nominations, however I do feel "Toxic" was snubbed on the Record of the year category, it should've been nominated. 

Overall ITZ gave Britney a Grammy, MTV Europe music award and Billboard music award anyway.  The "Britney" era may be her least awarded one. 

Britney's been snubbed for years. The most hilarious part of it is the influential impact her records have had on pop music (with various reputable sources citing these claims) and yet they don't give her credit where it's due.

But the Grammys will flip head over heels for some basic **** like 1989. :boredashell:

2 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Britney's been snubbed for years. The most hilarious part of it is the influential impact her records have had on pop music (with various reputable sources citing these claims) and yet they don't give her credit where it's due.

But the Grammys will flip head over heels for some basic **** like 1989. :boredashell:

While Britney could have scored a few more nominations. She is not as snubbed as her fans make it seem to be.

Legendary acts such as Queen, Led Zeppelin, Cher, ABBA, etc reveived less nominations than Britney in their entire careers, in fact some of them like Queen, Led Zeppelin and ABBA never even won (in fact ABBA never even recived a nomination).

Acclaimed acts like Björk or Popular icons like Jennifer Lopez have never won and in fact J.Lo only scored 2 nominations in her career and she hasn't been nominated in 16 years. 

And there are many examples and cases like that, trust me there are many artists that have had it way harder than Britney at the Grammys, Britney is actually lucky to win / being multiple nominated. In fact she may be the only other former bubblegum / teen act (besides Xtina) that eventually won a Grammy if we consider the fact Debbie Gibson, Backstreet Boys, N'sync, Spice Girls, etc never won.  

Archived