Britney and rock.. And such

Guest Diamond Horse

Guest Diamond Horse
Just now, Spearsfan said:

Sick Like Me, Bones, Scarlet, The Blood Legion, The Fighter

Britney would slay 

Thanks, I luvv it when I have listening recommendations :) 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Blood was their breakthrough song. 

Bones is my fav song on Black Widow. .

They actually just announced a new album and tour yesterday. So happy. 

Ooh, did they? I was converted to them -- when it first came out I accidentally credited Blood to Halestorm because I think that's around the time they got big here too -- so I'm definitely going to have to check the new album out and cross my fingers on the tour.

On topic, it would be really cool to see Britney go rock or metal, but... It's a world that demands what she doesn't want to give, as others have said. Which makes me sad, because I think she'd kill a collab with In This Moment/Halestorm/The Pretty Reckless, or any male fronted rock bands, if she really put the effort in.

Guest Diamond Horse
Just now, fucknfurter said:

Ooh, did they? I was converted to them -- when it first came out I accidentally credited Blood to Halestorm because I think that's around the time they got big here too -- so I'm definitely going to have to check the new album out and cross my fingers on the tour.

On topic, it would be really cool to see Britney go rock or metal, but... It's a world that demands what she doesn't want to give, as others have said. Which makes me sad, because I think she'd kill a collab with In This Moment/Halestorm/The Pretty Reckless, or any male fronted rock bands, if she really put the effort in.

Oh, I already imagine a good rock song with her best vocals. It could be such a treasured gem in our catalogues. What she certainly has inside of her for this is the attitude, recording a song with good emotion has never been a problem for her when she has wanted it.

10 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

Ooh, did they? I was converted to them -- when it first came out I accidentally credited Blood to Halestorm because I think that's around the time they got big too -- so I'm definitely going to have to check the new album out and cross my fingers on the tour.

On topic, it would be really cool to see Britney go rock or metal, but... It's a world that demands what she doesn't want to give, as others have said. Which makes me sad, because I think she'd kill with In This Moment/Halestorm/The Pretty Reckless, or any male fronted rock bands, if she really put the effort in.

They actually were gonna disband because no one was digging them And Blood  took them in the direction and sounds they needed to go. 

The Dream (2nd)album is when I discovered them and it is their most underrated album because it is strictly singing. Which turned all the original fans off after Beautiful Tragedy (which personally is my least fav because Maria's vocals were rough) 

Yeah Halestorm got bigger around that time. I like all the others too! Going To Hell is a solid album from TPR

I think Britney would sound great If she strengthened her voice for it. My Dream.

20 minutes ago, NoNeedForSuit&Tie said:

Oh, I already imagine a good rock song with her best vocals. It could be such a treasured gem in our catalogues. What she certainly has inside of her for this is the attitude, recording a song with good emotion has never been a problem for her when she has wanted it.

She could definitely pull it off, but it does require her to step out of her comfort zone in a major way. I hate to be this person, like I really do because it's not cool, but... younger Britney, I could see doing it. Hell, she was going to do it, supposedly, that's the whole reason she was bothering with Fred Durst at all. Now, she's just become so used to lipping and staying in her bubble that it would require battling some inner demons. Which is the whole point of rock if you think about it, and even music in general, but still.

It would still raise a lot of eyebrows. A lot of rock fans would turn their noses up in disgust-- but if it was good, then you know they'd secretly be loving it. (Which would be nothing new for Britney, either.) But I do think a big, more mainstream rock group would work best for both commercially, so I could agree with FOB. Maybe Linkin Park (my friend and I would both love that) or Panic!, maybe.

(Apologies for basically babbling at you, lol.)

16 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

They actually were gonna disband because no one was digging them And Blood  took them in the direction and sounds they needed to go. 

The Dream (2nd)album is when I discovered them and it is their most underrated album because it is strictly singing. Which turned all the original fans off after Beautiful Tragedy (which personally is my least fav because Maria's vocals were rough) 

Yeah Halestorm got bigger around that time. I like all the others too! Going To Hell is a solid album from TPR

I think Britney would sound great It she strengthened her voice for it. My Dream.

Oh, seriously? I did not know that. :waitwhat: But I'm really glad that was the turning point for them, because they are amazing. But I could see that. I... can't say for sure whether or not I've listened to Beautiful Tragedy, but ohh. And I love Going To Hell so much; I loved Light Me Up and the Hit Me Like A Man EP as well, but they really came back in force with GTH. I've only heard, uh, Take Me Down from the newest album, so I can't comment on it.

That's true, she really would.

13 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

She could definitely pull it off, but it does require her to step out of her comfort zone in a major way. I hate to be this person, like I really do because it's not cool, but... younger Britney, I could see doing it. Hell, she was going to do it, supposedly, that's the whole reason she was bothering with Fred Durst at all. Now, she's just become so used to lipping and staying in her bubble that it would require battling some inner demons. Which is the whole point of rock if you think about it, and even music in general, but still.

It would still raise a lot of eyebrows. A lot of rock fans would turn their noses up in disgust-- but if it was good, then you know they'd secretly be loving it. (Which would be nothing new for Britney, either.) But I do think a big, more mainstream rock group would work best for both commercially, so I could agree with FOB. Maybe Linkin Park (my friend and I would both love that) or Panic!, maybe.

Oh, seriously? I did not know that. :waitwhat: But I'm really glad that was the turning point for them, because they are amazing. But I could see that. I... can't say for sure whether or not I've listened to Beautiful Tragedy, but ohh. And I love Going To Hell so much; I loved Light Me Up and the Hit Me Like A Man EP as well, but they really came back in force with GTH. I've only heard, uh, Take Me Down from the newest album, so I can't comment on it.

That's true, she really would.

I'm so happy they got a bigger fan base.

BT is the album I leave out in recommendations. The album art is beautiful though. I love all TPR's stuff until their new album. I gave it a run through twice and I just didn't dig. I maybe Will give it another try. 

I know Brendon likes Britney because he covered BOMT during their first era and it was amazing but I would rather her go heavier than pop/rock which is what I consider panic and FOB. Frankly I would take anything though. 

Guest Diamond Horse
8 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

No, it is beautifully said, I especially like the battling the inner demons part. I haven't thought about it, to be honest, okay it feels a little embarrassing to admit. 

A babble-thought popped into my head.  :quirkney:  :quirkney:  :quirkney:  (Although Nirvana is not exactly rock,) but Britney in her best state sharing a stage with Nirvana would be a total heaven. I would explode of its cuteness. Although, it is now just a specific pre-conditioned picture in my head. But something about it seems so right, lol,  & they both have battled with a lot in their lives.

Yeah, that would be so boss if these people "hated" it, but secretly loved it, just that certain aspect of it. Something about it is so fun. And for one, the fact she did it would be cool on its own. It would be like: "Middle fingers up, I don't give a ****."

And even if it kinda seems now that it is so far away from reality, like, all of it... Then still, we don't know half of Britney and she might show one side of her to us, but in reality she has many more sides and she kinda shows them sometimes too, but not always.

22 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I'm so happy they got a bigger fan base.

BT is the album I leave out in recommendations. The album art is beautiful though. I love all TPR's stuff until their new album. I gave it a run through twice and I just didn't dig. I maybe Will give it another try. 

I know Brendon likes Britney because he covered BOMT during their first era and it was amazing but I would rather her go heavier than pop/rock which is what I consider panic and FOB. Frankly I would take anything though. 

I liked Take Me Down because of the Robert Johnson/Rolling Stones allusions, but is that how the rest of the album is? Because here's the thing that gets me-- we kind of went down this road already with GTH, subject matter wise. (And also Goin' Down, frankly.) I dig bluesy rock so I'd love that element of it, it's just kind of seeming like a dead horse. :eeek:

I agree; I'd love to see something harder from her and another band, and I really do think one of the female fronted ones would be amazing to see, but I was also trying to consider the Army that can't get into harder metal/rock. I think Panic would be a happy medium for all, because I could definitely see their fans digging it and promoting the hell out of it, too. And I did love DoaB.

14 minutes ago, NoNeedForSuit&Tie said:

No, it is beautifully said, I especially like the battling the inner demons part. I haven't thought about it, to be honest, okay it feels a little embarrassing to admit. 

A babble-thought popped into my head.  :quirkney:  :quirkney:  :quirkney:  (Although Nirvana is not exactly rock,) but Britney in her best state sharing a stage with Nirvana would be a total heaven. I would explode of its cuteness. Although, it is now just a specific pre-conditioned picture in my head. But something about it seems so right, lol,  & they both have battled with a lot in their lives.

Yeah, that would be so boss if these people "hated" it, but secretly loved it, just that certain aspect of it. Something about it is so fun. And for one, the fact she did it would be cool on its own. It would be like: "Middle fingers up, I don't give a ****."

And even if it kinda seems now that it is so far away from reality, like, all of it... Then still, we don't know half of Britney and she might show one side of her to us, but in reality she has many more sides and she kinda shows them sometimes too, but not always.

Thank you. :giggleney:

Now that would be incredible to see, tbh. But if that was possible, I don't think Kurt would go for it at all. He was a very opinionated man just on the state of rock in general (he actually had a rivalry going with one of my favorite lead singers of all time, facepalm, Axl Rose), and he hated mainstream rock, so I can't imagine what he thought or would think of pop.

But that is absolutely true. 

Guest Diamond Horse

Offtopic, because there are glitches in my Exhale, here's to hoping it will post it here:

@Britneybbhmm You know where it belongs.

lol That's perfectly okay. By the way, the singer I meant is this one: 

For me she is special in a good way, she is a little different as an artist. But still, just a human. I decided to introduce, otherwise it would leave some strange sense of mystery in the air, at least for me, lol.

But yeah, quote like this stuck with me.

I agree, Britney also says things like that - simple, yet striking and going underneath.

2 minutes ago, NoNeedForSuit&Tie said:

Offtopic, because there are glitches in my Exhale, here's to hoping it will post it here:

For me she is special in a good way, she is a little different as an artist. But still, just a human. I decided to introduce, otherwise it would leave some strange sense of mystery in the air, at least for me, lol.

I agree, Britney also says things like that - simple, yet striking and going underneath.

Omg you know Iris? Or did you see her in my post on the Kerli page? 

I posted about her a few days ago. 

7 minutes ago, NoNeedForSuit&Tie said:

This is so cute. Thank u for the introduction. Now I'm curious about ha! 

16 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

I liked Take Me Down because of the Robert Johnson/Rolling Stones allusions, but is that how the rest of the album is? Because here's the thing that gets me-- we kind of went down this road already with GTH, subject matter wise. (And also Goin' Down, frankly.) I dig bluesy rock so I'd love that element of it, it's just kind of seeming like a dead horse. :eeek:

I agree; I'd love to see something harder from her and another band, and I really do think one of the female fronted ones would be amazing to see, but I was also trying to consider the Army that can't get into harder metal/rock. I think Panic would be a happy medium for all, because I could definitely see their fans digging it and promoting the hell out of it, too. And I did love DoaB.

Thank you. :giggleney:

Now that would be incredible to see, tbh. But if that was possible, I don't think Kurt would go for it at all. He was a very opinionated man just on the state of rock in general (he actually had a rivalry going with one of my favorite lead singers of all time, facepalm, Axl Rose), and he hated mainstream rock, so I can't imagine what he thought or would think of pop.

But that is absolutely true. 

The album has a variety of different rock sounds. I just find it very bland. I really enjoyed all their previous releases so it was a big  let down.

The closest thing army listens to that is rock probably is Don't keep me waiting or I love rock n roll by Britney.

For that reason maybe just a heavier song for a promo single to bring attention to Britney.

Other wise a pop rock with Panic would slay. 

Guest Diamond Horse
8 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Omg you know Iris? Or did you see her in my post on the Kerli page? 

I posted about her a few days ago. 

Haha, it is more like surprising for me that some people from Exhale know her (although out of all your musical acknowledgements, I know that you know her)

As I live in Estonia, I got to know her through Estonian Eurovision pre-selection and before that even through one local televised singing competition. She sang Samson, I accidentally saw it "live" on TV and I instantly loved her. Something about her captured me and omg, I was in so deep. I have had so many feels for her. For me she is like the deepest ocean, lol. I am so happy to have met her many times. (I just had to say it, looooooooooool, but really it is more like a compliment to her, because each time I meet her is like a different color, she is such a beautiful person, to me she is also so deep that she is even like mystical haha)

Inserting a VEVO certified gif here and asking very stupidly and exaggeratedly: "Sooooo, which of us is her biggest fan?" lol because my description probably seems too fanatical, but I am not afraid of my true feelings, because they are my true colors lolololololol #NoRegretsHere

#IirisIsBiggerThanReality

:orangu::orangu::orangu::orangu::orangu::orangu::orangu: 

Okay, sorry that was over the top. But it is funny, even Britney doesn't make me feel like she does. Even if I officially think Britney is my biggest obsession.

59 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

The album has a variety of different rock sounds. I just find it very bland. I really enjoyed all their previous releases so it was a big  let down.

The closest thing army listens to that is rock probably is Don't keep me waiting or I love rock n roll by Britney.

For that reason maybe just a heavier song for a promo single to bring attention to Britney.

Other wise a pop rock with Panic would slay. 

You can reach if you want.

Archived