Britney Currently Negotiating Piece Of Me Extension Through 2019, Adds 12 New Dates

Jordan Miller

• Leader
britney-piece-of-me-2017-negotiation.jpg

UPDATE // FEBRUARY 7:

You want moar? Well she'll give you moar.

Reflecting earlier reports (see below) that Britney is considering a Piece Of Me extension, an update from the Las Vegas Review Journal's Robin Leech insists "negotiations are underway for Britney Spears to renew her current four-year contract at Axis at Planet Hollywood for two additional years through the end of 2019."

Britney also added 12 new dates through September of this year, but likely hasn't announced anything due to the family emergency with Jamie Lynn's daughter Maddie.

Her current contract concludes this December.

EARLIER // FEBRUARY 1:

Britney Spears will get to work in Vegas for another several years, *****.

The princess of pop is doing very well for herself in Sin City. Her headlining show, Piece Of Me, inside the Axis Theater at Planet Hollywood, was voted one of the best shows in Vegas for three years in a row and rakes in millions of dollars for the city. It's also given the "Slumber Party" singer stability in her personal life to raise a family, and according to a new report from the the Las Vegas ReviewJournal, she doesn't want it to change. They claim Caesars Entertainment, the company producing the show, has submitted a contract to Team Britney for review that could extend the show through 2019.

A new contract to extend Britney Spears’ “Britney: Piece of Me” at Axis at Planet Hollywood through 2019 has been sent to her by Caesars Entertainment execs. I’m reliably told by both sides that they want a deal and hope it can be wrapped up with all the i’s dotted and t’s crossed before spring.

You may recall Silent Partners, the production company responsible for the screens used in Piece Of Me, mistakenly posted on their website last year that Britney had plans to "continue until 2019." They since edited it to say 2017.

In an interview last summer, Britney was open to the idea of touring, but admits she's got it good in Vegas. "You never know, honestly, my situation right now is very cool, I'm kind of spoiled," she said. "But you know, who knows what the future brings."

In November, Britney reflected that when asked again if she'd consider going back on tour. “I’m not sure yet. Vegas has really been a fabulous experience for me. I say it all the time, it’s become like a second home. I love everything about it.”

Then in an interview with Think Magazine, Britney admitted she's down to tour: “I hope we can do some touring! It’ll be fun to see my fans from overseas who haven’t been able to make it out to Las Vegas,” she said. Nearly a year before that, she said something similar. "I love doing my show in one place, plus it’s been great because I can have my boys out with me a lot of the time. But, sometimes I do get that itch to travel and tour again. It’s in my blood."

She's just a signature away...

Do you want Britney to stay in Vegas? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
  • Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HotAsIce.ve said:

I told ya!

**** you Larry:byebitch:

This is not Larry's fault, if Britney did not want to be there, she would not be there. She would not renew.

She herself is killing her legacy, in 2-3 years nothing will remain.

If the music and artistic quality is good I don't care about charts it's a pretty trivial thing to care about. I don't doubt her for her next artist projects I love when she's completely hands on, she's incredibly talented and it always works out well when she does it herself. She's created her legacy, she'll always be a legend she can finally have the career she wants without being everyone's  puppet all the time and being on every tabloid. I'm  thankful she still loves doing this and is here for us. If staying in vegas means she still performs and it means that her kids don't always miss their mom then I'm all for it. Can't we be happy that she's doing exactly what she wants? Wtf. 

Archived