I need your thoughts

WilderWein

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest StrawberryKisses

You have to understand that firstly, Britney pretty much brought back pure female POP to the US... like I really can't  remember any pop acts big in the US before her other than the Spice Girls. She was a product of Max Martin and the Swedish, but regardless she brought it back.  There were others like Mariah, however they had their roots in R&B, etc. Britney was pure pop.

When BOMT came onto the scene, there was nothing like it. Everyone was curious in seeing a young teenage pretty pop girl... and she quickly won the hearts of America and soon the world. :brit: Then came your Christina and Mandys. :giggleney:

Unlike artists before her, Britney also won the hearts of kids and started off with a HUGE fanbase. The kids, the girls and the straight guys. Nowadays it's just the gays (and me) :sassybrit:

For a lot of girls growing up, me included, Britney was our model. She was talented, pretty and had everything, and was so humble about it.  She was really the full package with bonuses,

She's a legend. America's darling. That's all there is to say really. :forkit:

She was huge back in the day, but didnt get a lot of respect because of not writing her own music and not sing live. The world liked her, cause she was hot. They knew how to present her and it worked. Boys wanted to bang her and girls  wanted to be her. Then she got with Kevin and I guess the fake image started to break her. She became trashy and went cray cray. After the crazy period they needed to make money off of Britney again. So she had to be the ****/innocent airhead again. It worked. Now she's more in control of her career and doesn;t do promo anymore.

She is credited with the revival of teen pop! If it weren't for her, we wouldn't have the Miley's, Arianna's, Katy, Gag, etc. She paved the way for every solo female pop artist today, like Madonna did for her. The pop music industry didn't go for solo women at the time, you had to be in a girl band (ex. Spice Girls) to get a chance with a label. The world fell in love with her because she was so sweet, had catchy songs, girl next door feel, and teased the fine line of innocence and sexiness. Her album Blackout was ahead of it's time, influenced and changed the direction of pop music. She was the first mainstream artist to experiment with dub step. She accomplished more before she was 21 then any of us flops ever will. 

24 minutes ago, ToxicTommy said:

She is credited with the revival of teen pop! If it weren't for her, we wouldn't have the Miley's, Arianna's, Katy, Gag, etc. She paved the way for every solo female pop artist today, like Madonna did for her. The pop music industry didn't go for solo women at the time, you had to be in a girl band (ex. Spice Girls) to get a chance with a label. The world fell in love with her because she was so sweet, had catchy songs, girl next door feel, and teased the fine line of innocence and sexiness. Her album Blackout was ahead of it's time, influenced and changed the direction of pop music. She was the first mainstream artist to experiment with dub step. She accomplished more before she was 21 then any of us flops ever will. 

Thank you! This is very useful.

Archived