Overprotected

Chris343

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/6/2017 at 5:45 AM, SomeoneGimmeBritney said:

Been listening to this song a lot recently. I love it! I've got the cassette single of it. I don't know why she hasn't performed it live since OHT.

probably cause she is way overprotected nowadays and wants to avoid it kinda like how she has never performed my prerogative for the same reasons 

On 2/6/2017 at 5:45 AM, SomeoneGimmeBritney said:

Been listening to this song a lot recently. I love it! I've got the cassette single of it. I don't know why she hasn't performed it live since OHT.

I aske this before and most people agreed it's because she's a little too old for that song; its something a more rebellious teenager would sing, but I agree I wish she would perform it again

11 hours ago, britsangel90 said:

I aske this before and most people agreed it's because she's a little too old for that song; its something a more rebellious teenager would sing, but I agree I wish she would perform it again

I still wish she would perform the song since it is a hit.  Madonna still performs (or at least has) Papa Don't Preach.  With the conservatorship and all, they definitely axed that song unfortunately.

Just now, e-mailmyheart said:

The song and the 2 videos are pure perfection.

I'm not huge on the original version's video, but the video for the Darkchild Remix is one of her best! 

I used to love the DC Remix version more than the original, but now I think I prefer the original......I mean they're both good.....Jive was kind of obsessed with remixing her singles back then, they did it to Boys too and imo ruined the song! I think had they released the original version as the single it wouldn't have flopped so hard! 

12 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I'm not huge on the original version's video, but the video for the Darkchild Remix is one of her best! 

I used to love the DC Remix version more than the original, but now I think I prefer the original......I mean they're both good.....Jive was kind of obsessed with remixing her singles back then, they did it to Boys too and imo ruined the song! I think had they released the original version as the single it wouldn't have flopped so hard! 

I think Boys remix version is much better than the original!
I used to like the original version of Overprotected, but in terms of video the DC remix video is much better than the original. It's one of her best videos in terms of dance and beauty.

5 minutes ago, e-mailmyheart said:

I think Boys remix version is much better than the original!
I used to like the original version of Overprotected, but in terms of video the DC remix video is much better than the original. It's one of her best videos in terms of dance and beauty.

Oh god the Boy's remix is horrid imo, she barely sings any of it.....they took out some of the best parts from the original to make room for Pharrell who's voice imo is annoying and the whole "boys.....girls" thing in the remix is cheesy! 

10 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

The DC video is awesome, but the original song to Overprotected (pure Max Martin genius) and original Boys are the best in my heart

• 7 months later...

I just love Overprotected Darkchild Remix. The video is just amazing and the song too. Anyway, why I love this song so much is because growing up, my father was really strict and me and my siblings never had any freedom at all. I remember me and my sister and my brother used to play this song repeatedly in front of him in order to annoyed him. He finally had enough of it and tell us to drop it. Lol. Anyway, it is my theme song for years and which is why this song is so special to me.

Archived