I know it's her job but isn't it enough?!

popprison

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Rico. said:

I really doubt she HAS to do any of this if she doesn't feel like it. She still makes money out of the most stupid things

Ppl act like she is making butt lots of money these days. Which she isn't making nearly as much as before and she still is living the same life. Ppl act like her money will never dry up but many successful celebs have gone bankrupt. 

If she would retire she would have to make life adjustments and maybe she would wake up when it's too late and be like wow...

Her catalog isn't pulling in much, her biggest money maker without doing anything is her perfumes but without help would they continue to slay on the 500th version of Fantasy? 

" tbh it's sad that WE WANT HER TO SING AND DANCE FOR US, like SING WOMAN, DANCE WOMAN! FOR MY ENTERTAINMENT AND PLEASURE. I feel bad about that. "

You forget that WE made her multimillionaire popstar.She does her job for us.She makes her performances for us,the albums for us etc.If she wantes to do it for herself she can perform in front of her mirror in her mansion.Stop being overdramatic.

It's a job as you said.If I halfass my job even for a day my boss will fire me.Britney's boss is somehow us.

21 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Maybe so, but yet she kept doing it. Again, it's not like they're pointing her with a gun to record the albums or go stage. She really enjoys that. Maybe she's done with the fame thing, the lack of privacy, etc, but she still likes what she does.

True. I guess if she wanted to quit for real, should could.

On 2/3/2017 at 0:09 AM, David. said:

well ofc if we all had it our way we wouldnt work and would vacation 3 months a year in hawaii but life doesnt work that way

But why do think she is still performing? Do you believe she still wants to do it? Isn't being a performer something that only "works" when you have the passion?

20 hours ago, vlexbvker said:

I always tell people to keep it cool & be happy we're still getting any sort of content from her because honestly all fans do is complain about Vegas & it's like boo, she could have retired years ago! Be grateful for what we have! You know? 

I guess I just think she doesn't love performing anymore. I may be wrong

17 hours ago, pretty baby said:

I spot a contradiction in this statement. You say it's the industry that is milking Britney then you turn back around and ask if she'd still be performing if it was only up to her alone whether she continued in this career.

The industry is not milking her. To be honest  as I see it now the industry can take her or leave her it wouldn't matter much now. Vice versa actually. If you're alluding to the conservatorship in the second half of the statement then I think you'd have to say that it's them, the people involved in the conservatorship, who are the ones who is milking Britney because they'd be the ones keeping this going for better or even for worse. 

I do agree that if Britney alone was completely calling the shots in her own career and her life things would be very very different from how it is now. But that could mean anything. It could mean her career would still be like it is right now or it could be so much better or maybe worse off than now. It also could mean she totally stops this train indefinitely.

But I don't understand why you'd feel bad or think we should feel bad as fans when we're asking Britney to do what her job entails. If she's honest when she says she genuinely loves what she does then there's no reason to put yourself on a guilt trip. If she hasn't been honest with us like if she's  just telling fans what they wanna hear because of the conservatorship people telling her to say she loves it, because of people on her team that are insisting she keep doing this for their own gain then yes it's understandable why you'd feel bad for her.

Then this would mean you'd have to stop feeding the machine if you know for certain that Britney is not really the person wanting to continue being a pop star. Most fans sense that her heart is not completely into this career anymore but they still flock to see her in Vegas. We continue to feed the machine. Are you really ready to stop doing that? Is anyone?

Thank you.

Honestly, I was never ready to stop feeding the machine. I didn't like the Circus album or tour but I bought it and attended the tour--I was caught up in the hype. Femme Fatale- I loved the album, bought it but missed the tour just because of my schedule. I also bought B Jean even though it was okay, Glory I bought too..I feel like I will awlays buy her albums to support her. Even in 2007 when I saw she wanted out of he spotlight and how the media used her, I still gave my money. 

I suppose she does have the final say like you state. But believe me, she gets offers and he team take them. 

Not sure where I'm going with this, but I had a moment where I was watching a Vegas performance and just felt like why am I wanting her to perform so badly, more and more and more and continue having hits? She has probably had enough, and a lot of the time ( even though her performing has gotten wayyy better the past year) it shows that she is meh about being on stage. You can tell by her dancing, energy and lack of singing. ANYWAY, this is a pro britney the person post, I am not hating. :)  

15 hours ago, ebritneybeat said:

" tbh it's sad that WE WANT HER TO SING AND DANCE FOR US, like SING WOMAN, DANCE WOMAN! FOR MY ENTERTAINMENT AND PLEASURE. I feel bad about that. "

You forget that WE made her multimillionaire popstar.She does her job for us.She makes her performances for us,the albums for us etc.If she wantes to do it for herself she can perform in front of her mirror in her mansion.Stop being overdramatic.

It's a job as you said.If I halfass my job even for a day my boss will fire me.Britney's boss is somehow us.

THIS is exactly the problem. Yes, I'm being over dramatic but I felt something so I'm going with it. The problem is that WE did actually create her fame so this has become the cycle. Why is it a problem? umm, Idk, why is she not performing or promoting "normally" anymore? Beyonce or so and so are the same age, mothers too, they have passiona nd promote....blah blah. I know, I'm whining but I honestly want the best for our B

14 hours ago, ♔ monalisaney ♚ said:

that's the only thing you took from what i said?

Sorry, yes she gets paid 15 + million dollars a year to perform a couple times a year--this actually helped me put things in perspective. I don't feel bad now seeing it this way. I guess I was being over sympathetic after seeing a Vegas video and I just saw a tired, beautiful, mother dancing and just seeming like a machine. boo hoo I know, not sad but for a moment I felt bad

I don't agree with everyone saying she has to retire if she doesn't wanna do certain things. She can go sit out on stage on a chair farting and eating Cheetos if she wants to as long as people are paying to see it. It's up to us to not spend money and support things we're not happy with.  If you eat at a restaurant for a long time and the food is great but then suddenly the quality sucks and keeps sucking and you keep going back thinking that bad meal was a mistake but every time you go they show you that they just don't know how to make food anymore would you sit around worrying about how they need to shut down or would you just stop going and not worry about it? It's the same thing with Britney. She's a business wanting to make money and we can choose whether or not to buy what she's selling....it's really not any more personal than that we don't owe her anything and she doesn't owe us anything. 

12 hours ago, popprison said:

But why do think she is still performing? Do you believe she still wants to do it? Isn't being a performer something that only "works" when you have the passion?

i think she does like performing, that is the only part she likes of her job along with creating music

you can tell she enjoys performing a lot of times and you can tell she doesnt feel like doing it sometimes

is a regular job, sometimes you love it and sometimes you just want to be in bed binge watching netflix 

the thing now is that she used to half *** some shows back on her prime as well but most of the footage we have is professional footage where she would give it her all, these days she gets recorded everyday 

primeney wasnt on point every day of every show, its a human thing to do

On 2/2/2017 at 10:18 PM, maquisl said:

Not the world. We only ask pre-recorded vocals or 100% live vocals but with a backtrack. It's not that hard...

Do you remember when she sang live back in the day she hardly moved like at all, im ok with the LP I've come to except it from Britney ( would never vocals to the songs be great yes but I want her to dance to the songs an we just got the fire back in her so I'm not sweatin anything else right now 

Archived