I know it's her job but isn't it enough?!

popprison

1 hour ago, Rachel Green said:

People wake up every morning and go to work and we all know how tiring and exhausting it can be but we face the music regardless so no, I don't feel sorry for expecting her to deliver performance-wise.

I do feel sorry about how some people criticize her every move and decision even when it comes to her personal businesses though.

I think she would like a job like that if she was a dance teacher or a teacher in general. Britney doesn't seem to like the limelight at all

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're in a law firm and one lawyer is paid average and standard wages for the regular lawyer and there is another lawyer who constantly gets pay rises and job promotions and always gets treated the best - Britney is this lawyer. That's life, it's not always fair for everyone. But Britney worked her *** off since she was 16 to get to where she has got so there's a lesson in that "good things come to those who WORK HARD". 

That is all... :nynod:

1 hour ago, kasavas said:

It's her job though, if she was a doctor I'd ask her to help me get better. If she was a lawyer I'd ask her to defend me. What is wrong with that?:rude2me:

problem is it's not one of those jobs, it's the job of being a superstar which is unusual. the passion is gone (or it seems to be) and she is an artist. idk, i think she seems  like a machine now who keeps going with the motions because she has to. I wish for her to be happy. Yes, she has improved a lot but it's like, she's more popular and successful when she's hotter, younger, sexier and so on. seems unfair because she's only getting older.

1 minute ago, Slayde said:

You're in a law firm and one lawyer is paid average and standard wages for the regular lawyer and there is another lawyer who constantly gets pay rises and job promotions and always gets treated the best - Britney is this lawyer. That's life, it's not always fair for everyone. But Britney worked her *** off since she was 16 to get to where she has got so there's a lesson in that "good things come to those who WORK HARD". 

That is all... :nynod:

this made zero sense but keep trying for those rep points :mcwave:

21 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

It's not like we took her from the streets and forced her to perform for us. That's what she always wanted to do, and if she didn't like it anymore, she would've stopped ages ago. I mean, even if you bring up that because of the conservatorship she needs to have a job to demonstrate she's a normal person, she could literally work in any other job. She could be a dance teacher full time, or work at a store or something.

Yes, exactly except she wanted to do it up until 2003/2004 ish, she mentioned a few times how she wanted to start a family and just settle. She did just that but the industry saw how she was still famous af because of her her tabloid power and forced her back (2007 mtv awards) and here we are. I'm telling you, she was dunzo after In the Zone. Yes, she experimented with the Original Doll recordings but Brit was over it.

Criticizing and people expecting you to do your job are two different things. People don't criticize her lack of singing to be mean. They criticize her because she's a singer and she doesn't sing.

Personally, I choose not to get upset about it. If it bothered me that much, I'd go stan for someone else, but it is what it is.

3 hours ago, popprison said:

Yes, exactly except she wanted to do it up until 2003/2004 ish, she mentioned a few times how she wanted to start a family and just settle. She did just that but the industry saw how she was still famous af because of her her tabloid power and forced her back (2007 mtv awards) and here we are. I'm telling you, she was dunzo after In the Zone. Yes, she experimented with the Original Doll recordings but Brit was over it.

Maybe so, but yet she kept doing it. Again, it's not like they're pointing her with a gun to record the albums or go stage. She really enjoys that. Maybe she's done with the fame thing, the lack of privacy, etc, but she still likes what she does.

6 hours ago, popprison said:

Something that she wants to do....be a teacher, a private dance teacher, a school teacher or just retire? there are many other options she could explore.

Yes but she didn't say something like "Bye guys I wanna end my career, it was fun, thanks for everything" she keep saying "Can't wait to perform in Vegas" or "See you next week in Vegas" or "Amazing day at the recordin studio"... So that's her ******* job and she isn't forced to do it, maybe she was in 2008-2011, so people pay for a show with live singing and good dancing and I don't feel bad for her because she doesn't sing a note and we can't say that she is a professional dancer right now

No I get you, as a fan I want her to be happy before all else. 

HOWEVER if she's not going to sing, be creative or put her all into something then we can't be shocked at her losing fans by the truck load and no longer appealing to the GP, which has happened.

Although I believe she's came through a hell of a lot and shouldn't work herself to the bone when she doesn't have to, I can't deny she shows a complete lack of interest in her own work a lot of the time.

She's given her entire life to music and tv, she hasn't sung live in years so I have no expectations for her to do so again and I'm fine with that :overitkbye: 

the fact she's even still doing performances and music after all this time is a blessing and I'm happy she does what she does even if it's minimal:snapney:

7 hours ago, popprison said:

Something that she wants to do....be a teacher, a private dance teacher, a school teacher or just retire? there are many other options she could explore.

The thing is, she wouldn't get another job. Britney would hate having to work 9-5 every day, she wouldn't be good enough to teach dancing anymore, and as horrible as it sounds I can't imagine her working a job where she has to look presentable everyday.

What she's been doing for years is for maximum money, maximum down time and minimum effort. And more power to her, but that's why people have stopped being fans.

I just expect her to sing and dance. She puts on a great show, and even if her dancing isn't as hardcore as it once was, she is still a ******* amazing dancer and is still very flexible and capable. She's still one of the best dancers in the industry.

However, the love singing really disappoints me. She needs to start singing live, it's actually illegal not to but she just doesn't care by the looks of it. It's called fraud... charging to see a live show but not actually providing a live show. 

Apart from that I expect nothing else from her. Promo is her choice. It's just the fraud that bothers me 

Actually no, like another person said if she doesn't want to work then she needs to announce her retirement

We do not expect anything from her. Just because we are stating our opinions and say what we would like her to do doesn't mean that she has to do it if she doesn't want to 

7 hours ago, popprison said:

She has made her money, like she's done. she's said it before...this is the industry milking her. come on, you think she would still perform if it was up to her and only her?  

I spot a contradiction in this statement. You say it's the industry that is milking Britney then you turn back around and ask if she'd still be performing if it was only up to her alone whether she continued in this career.

The industry is not milking her. To be honest  as I see it now the industry can take her or leave her it wouldn't matter much now. Vice versa actually. If you're alluding to the conservatorship in the second half of the statement then I think you'd have to say that it's them, the people involved in the conservatorship, who are the ones who is milking Britney because they'd be the ones keeping this going for better or even for worse. 

I do agree that if Britney alone was completely calling the shots in her own career and her life things would be very very different from how it is now. But that could mean anything. It could mean her career would still be like it is right now or it could be so much better or maybe worse off than now. It also could mean she totally stops this train indefinitely.

But I don't understand why you'd feel bad or think we should feel bad as fans when we're asking Britney to do what her job entails. If she's honest when she says she genuinely loves what she does then there's no reason to put yourself on a guilt trip. If she hasn't been honest with us like if she's  just telling fans what they wanna hear because of the conservatorship people telling her to say she loves it, because of people on her team that are insisting she keep doing this for their own gain then yes it's understandable why you'd feel bad for her.

Then this would mean you'd have to stop feeding the machine if you know for certain that Britney is not really the person wanting to continue being a pop star. Most fans sense that her heart is not completely into this career anymore but they still flock to see her in Vegas. We continue to feed the machine. Are you really ready to stop doing that? Is anyone?

Archived