Why does Britney get so much ****??

SexyJeans

For barely no reason at all??

So today I sat down with my friend and we started watching youtube music videos. After a while we started watching some Britney ones, both new and old ones.

Suddenly my friend outbursts

"I ******* hate Britney Spears! She's such a *****" 

I then asked her trying to keep my calm and not screaming at her... 

Spoiler

or worse

giphy.gif

"Why do you hate her tho? what did she do to anyone?"

She replied with

"I dunno... she just seems like a ***** in her videos" 

I literally sat there like sure Jan :4music:

She then started saying a bunch of **** based on youtube comments about Britney as actual facts. :byebitch: The worst part was when I asked her about her favourite artist and she said...

Iggy Azalea :icant1:

"She's super awesome and seems like a good person, let me tell you about her hard life and rough chiildhood..." 

Spoiler

She also tried to convince me baby one more time was released in 2009 because it was uploaded to youtube that date :pieceofwhat:

I just needed to ventilate since this isn't the first time something like this happens and because I just think people are being way to unfair to Britney :nyheadache: And they always have been

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, it stems from sexism when it comes to personally hating Britney the person.

I've met ppl and they are like I hate Britney and I ask them why and the only thing they can come up with is because she shaved her head...

So a woman broke *traditional* beauty standards, so you hate her??? It doesn't make sense but it's the most common answer. 

I think a lot of it is jealousy tbh, Britney was your typical girl next door who hit it big so I think it strikes a nerve with some and they try to tear her down/ discredit her to make themselves feel better! I also think that because she's not afraid of her body and sexuality that girls who are not that comfortable about themselves see her as a *****! 

5 minutes ago, A.D. said:

Usually when I defend her to certain idiots, I hear them saying "Ewww, why are you defending her? She's a washed up pop star like Mariah and Madonna not an icon like Riri or Bey". I don't even bother to argue much cause I know that most people these days are dim-witted hence why Trump won :queenriri:

SCREAMING

Madonna is 500 times the icon that Rihstitute and Stéal ever wish to be. :moorangu: 

I literally can't with the delusion of the young.

1 minute ago, A.D. said:

These are the same people that allow crap like Work, Panda, Black Beatles, Can't Stop the Feeling and Closer to top the charts :moorangu:

It's not just the young though, the media praises the fact all Rihanna does on stage is pose, curse and slap her vulva as if there were crabs itching ha :britstare: Her only redeeming quality are her songs :reductive:

A true mess. Even the comment about her songs is a reach, her albums are 50% filler with the sole exception of Rated R. :moorangu: 

1 minute ago, A.D. said:

Anti and Unapolagetic were a step in the right direction though despite half the tracks of each album being underwhelming :moorangu:

Unapologetic is one of the biggest messes I've ever listened to. They literally gathered random tracks from producer emails and slapped it together.

I literally only use Phresh Out the Runway and Stay, those two songs are polar opposites. The album has no cohesion at all. :moorangu:

30 minutes ago, A.D. said:

Usually when I defend her to certain idiots, I hear them saying "Ewww, why are you defending her? She's a washed up pop star like Mariah and Madonna not an icon like Riri or Bey". I don't even bother to argue much cause I know that most people these days are dim-witted hence why Trump won :queenriri:

Omg icon like Riri and Bey......I literally can't! Rihanna and icon shouldn't even be in the same sentence! 

46 minutes ago, A.D. said:

Especially since she's stolen from Aaliyah and Grace Jones. That being said, I think she will reach icon status somehow seeing as her success is non-stop :moorangu:

See that's the thing I think people equate success with being iconic which is not really the case I mean Slave chart wise flopped in the US, but it's one of Britney's most iconic songs! It's  about the impact and lasting impression......Rihanna may be very successful but what has she really done that's memorable or influential?

2 minutes ago, A.D. said:

For me the most influential things she's done is to constantly experiment with her music and find continuous success with said trade. I personally think the results are either hit or miss BUT it's done wonders for her reputation as an artist. Other than that I'm not sure...perhaps her poor choice of outfits?

Idk I feel like the only iconic/ influential things she's done are Umbrella and We Found Love! 

Archived