That momment when Michael Bublé sells...

Hungry Hun

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Nando. said:

Continue reading my answers throughout the thread

I was reading them, I wasn't able to make any sense of them. I don't see what his sales in 2011 have to do with his kid getting cancer in 2016.

All I could tell you is that his Christmas album is always in at least the top 50 every December, just look at any music chart archives.

The excuses about his kid. It's not like his album would have done 337k less without those news. That's not realistic.

The fact is his album always sells loads around Christmas no matter the circumstances. His recurrent sales for 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 are all superior to Glory's 330k. Anyways a brand new Britney Spears album should not be outdone by such an old release. This is not good at all. :mj:

26 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

I was reading them, I wasn't able to make any sense of them. I don't see what his sales in 2011 have to do with his kid getting cancer in 2016.

All I could tell you is that his Christmas album is always in at least the top 50 every December, just look at any music chart archives.

You are right, his Christmas album is a fantastic recurrent seller, it has very little to do with his kid.

The truth is Glory performed very poorly, and there's no excuse for this result. 667k is not even a huge number to top.

11 minutes ago, button said:

Lmao the excuses about his kid. It's not like his album would have done 337k less without those news. That's not realistic.

The fact is his album always sells loads around Christmas no matter the circumstances. But a brand new Britney Spears album should not be outdone by such an old release. This is not good at all. :mj:

I looked up the chart positions for his Christmas album the week before Christmas every year before he announced his kid's cancer diagnosis:

2015- #14

2014- #13

2013- #7

2012- #2

2011- #1

I couldn't find what position it was in 2016, I think it reached #10 or something, but it was out of the top 100 by December 30. The holiday was the only thing keeping it at the top of the charts.

8 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

I looked up the chart positions for his Christmas album the week before Christmas every year before he announced his kid's cancer diagnosis:

2015- #14

2014- #13

2013- #7

2012- #2

2011- #1

I couldn't find what position it was in 2016, I think it reached #10 or something, but it was out of the top 100 by December 30. The holiday was the only thing keeping it at the top of the charts.

The op is referring to worldwide sales, your receipts look like they're for the US

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums-2016.htm

The album actually performed worse this year than last year (#33, 909k) and the year before.

667k is not some huge number, I don't know what the excuses are for anyways!

Archived