Is Circus really a toned down and more mature version of Blackout?

3 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Thank you!

Yeah she doesn't need another BO, she doesn't need another of any of her albums she needs to do something new and yes I highly doubt that all she wants to is Urban Pop I mean she was very in command on Glory and there are only a few hints of Urbaney on it! 

Exactly. She could have had a whole album of mood ring songs but we didn't because she didn't want it.

Ive been seeing that a lot lately. Ppl saying Larry made them change it, Britney picked it with Karen (?) so those comments need to stop.

Dont get me wrong I love BO but ppl give it way too much credit. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Spearsfan said:

Exactly. She could have had a whole album of mood ring songs but we didn't because she didn't want it.

Ive been seeing that a lot lately. Ppl saying Larry made them change it, Britney picked it with Karen (?) so those comments need to stop.

Dont get me wrong I love BO but ppl got be it way too much credit. 

Larry actually seemed very hands off with Glory tbh, I remember him saying in an interview early last year that he had heard some of the tracks and they were great.....as if he really wasn't involved with the creation/recording of the album. It seems as though he brought in Karen and she and Britney really crafted the album. 

1 minute ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Larry actually seemed very hands off with Glory tbh, I remember him saying in an interview early last year that he had heard some of the tracks and they were great.....as if he really wasn't involved with the creation/recording of the album. It seems as though he brought in Karen and she and Britney really crafted the album. 

Exactly. 

1 hour ago, Spearsfan said:

Flawless post. 

Ppl hype up BO too much

Im sick of ppl telling Britney she needs another BO and saying Britney only wants to do urban pop. 

Like no...

:gobaby: Omg yes! I didn't know you people existed.. THANK YOU!  I am tired of B.0 2.0. It's waaaaaaaaaaay overhyped.

to be honest I was so disappointed when I listened to Circus the first time cause I was expecting a better album than Blackout (or at least the same level), I appreciated months later when I realize that it was a good pop album

and kill the lighs should have been a single :staysalty:

It's an enhanced, Britney-fied version of Blackout. It has this **** persona she created in the public eye after the dark years, and yet it manages to keep it pop, fresh, corny if you like. And it has what makes a Britney album, a Britney album, variety, a roller-coaster of sounds that goes from Kill the Lights, to Lace and Leather, to My Baby, etc.

For me, Circus has always been related to Oops except for Circus (the song) and Mannequin. They tried a little bit of everything she did in the past, but I dont think any track from Circus is better then what she did before. Maybe the bonus tracks.

Womanizer sounds like Oops revamp with a toxic music video
Circus has the same structure as Slave
Out From Under  could be an Oops bonus track for Dear Diary if it was a single
Kill The Light - obviously Blackout-ish
S. Glass - Another Oops song. Very 2000 with the broken glass sound. Very Nsync.

Amy is also very Oops and 2000 playing with the name of the song
Unusual You - And then we kiss vibes
Blur - Early Morning
Mmm Papi - ?
Mannequin - very itz

Lace & Leather - ?
My Baby: Poor Jaden. Someday is so much better. 
Radar - sounds like a  Blackout track for me. 

Guest emailmycock

I won't tolerate Circus slander :lessons: the visuals were amazing :lessons:  Britney looked classy and beautiful in the pics from the album photo shoot :lessons: and I'd take Mmm Papi over What You Need any day :lessons: Glory WISHES its concept was as flawless as Circus':staysalty:

I think it's like a mix of Blackout and more innocent pop. Some of the dark songs (eg Kill The Lights) would have fitted in on Blackout, but maybe it goes with the Circus theme. I think it has a certain theme and that theme is fame and being in the spotlight 'all eyes on me in the center of the ring just like a circus'. Of course it has some ****** songs too, since a Britney album is not the same without them :giggleney:

• 3 years later...

Archived