Is Circus really a toned down and more mature version of Blackout?

8 minutes ago, button said:

oh actually you're right, the album is an amazing body of work and you can enjoy every single song on it like the Blackout album. Especially lace and leather, my baby, mmm papi, Blur and a few other masterpieces. gotta love that filler free album :orangu:

IA with My Baby and Mmm Papi but Blur is an amazing song :cigney:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Urbanney said:

I don't see the similarities between Circus and Blackout at all. It's like comparing light and dark. Even though some songs sound similar to Blackout (Blur, Unusual You, Phonography, Kill the Lights), they're still too different to be able to fit on Blackout imo. 

They're both electropop albums and a lot of the songs are in minor chord progressions. Those are really the only similarities.

3 hours ago, button said:

oh actually you're right, the album is an amazing body of work and you can enjoy every single song on it like the Blackout album. Especially lace and leather, my baby, mmm papi, Blur and a few other masterpieces. gotta love that filler free album :orangu:

I agree about mmm papi. Lace and leather tho :idkney:

I know Blackout is SUPER dance, but I can't at those of y'all saying Circus is more R&B than Blackout :rude2me: I mean Britney worked with a plethora of R&B writers and producers on Blackout (T-Pain, Keri Hilson, Danja, Sean Garrett, Pharrell...just to name a few.) and almost none on Circus.

There's no way that an album with almost no R&B writers or producers can be "more R&B" than an album that is full of them lol

Actually, I can't deal with some people saying that "Circus" would be fake and filler-ish. Jesus, you behave like this is the big sistee of "Brinty Joan"! 

Of course, Britney left us an edgier image and a dark sound with "Blackout" but "Circus" was mostly damage control and like in her personal life the music on "Circus" also reflects her gaining stability in her life. 

"Circus" might be called "Blackout"'s little and more light-hearted sister but to me, I think that both albums are completely different.

"Circus" has always given me the impression of being a "Greatest Hits" of Britney. With this record, she showed the world that she's back and that she rightfully owns the title "Princess of Pop". Even though, all the songs are independent on their own, they somehow represent an album by Britney. "Blur", "Unusual You", "Trouble" and even "Kill The Lights" are still giving me "Blackout" Vibes! I can still not believe that someone called "Blur" a bad filler track. It's indeed a masterpiece. Her vocals haven't sounded that brilliant on a record for years! Britney's lower register is epic! The lyrics and the sound are also very mature. This song also connects the recent past (Blackout) with a possible future back then.

Then we have "Phonography" and "My Baby" which reminds me of "In The Zone". "Phonography" is an underrated naughty *** gem like "Breathe On Me" and "My Baby" despite being utterly cheesy and sugary, has similarities to "Everytime" when it comes to the sound.

"Mmm Papi" gives me random "Soda Pop" vibes while "Shattered Glass", "If U Seek Amy", "Circus", "Lace and Leather" gave me the Pop Goddess back I fell in love with when I was a kid. 

We also got "Amnesia" which was still a very new sound for her.

So, I really think "Circus" needs and deserve to get more praise among her fanbase! The album has basically worked as a comeback and it's the eptiome of Britney's career. It basically brings all different subgroups of her fanbase together to one single record: "Circus" is dark, ****, naughty, self-confident, innocent, mature, fun, cheesy, suggary, light-hearted and bright at the same time! 

It's flawless!!!

1 hour ago, britneysslumberparty said:

Tbh Circus has always remained one of my favorites. It reminds me a lot of a lighter Blackout, but still very blackout. It has the dark, edgy songs like Blur, Mannequin, Out from Under, and the club bangers like Womanizer, IUSA, and Radar  :brit:. Its most similar to Blackout or Britney def. Yes, it full of fillers but yet, theyre so good :staysalty:

:wannadie:

I actually prefer Circus to Blackout, not gonna lie! I feel like Circus is ITZ's sister tbh, both albums have a wide range of sounds/song types/subjects! 

I also don't get why people think Blackout is a mature album it's 99% about partying/have ***! IMO her most mature albums are ITZ/Circus! 

On 1/26/2017 at 4:06 PM, button said:

Lace and Leather is one of my all time favorite Britney tracks and Blur is amazing!!! Blackout is so overrated....I don't even listen to half of it and ITZ ***** all over it! 

2 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I actually prefer Circus to Blackout, not gonna lie! I feel like Circus is ITZ's sister tbh, both albums have a wide range of sounds/song types/subjects! 

I also don't get why people think Blackout is a mature album it's 99% about partying/have ***! IMO her most mature albums are ITZ/Circus! 

Lace and Leather is one of my all time favorite Britney tracks and Blur is amazing!!! Blackout is so overrated....I don't even listen to half of it and ITZ ***** all over it! 

Lord have mercy :omg:

27 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Flawless post. 

Ppl hype up BO too much

Im sick of ppl telling Britney she needs another BO and saying Britney only wants to do urban pop. 

Like no...

"Blackout" was a masterpiece and its edgy, but it was wild and Britney being a freak (in a good way). So yeah, "Circus" is definately a more toned down and clean record and even though "Blackout" is darker and more creative "Circus" may be more mature as well in the sense that its more of a settling down album where she clearly rephrases certain aspects of her career and life.

"Blackout" is the superior album tho.  

Just now, Spearsfan said:

Flawless post. 

Ppl hype up BO too much

Im sick of ppl telling Britney she needs another BO and saying Britney only wants to do urban pop. 

Like no...

Thank you!

Yeah she doesn't need another BO, she doesn't need another of any of her albums she needs to do something new and yes I highly doubt that all she wants to is Urban Pop I mean she was very in command on Glory and there are only a few hints of Urbaney on it! 

Archived