Is Circus really a toned down and more mature version of Blackout?

That's what she/her team said back in the day. Let's see, circus follows the same electronic path as blackout, but it gets more popy and also there's more R&B to it. 

Circus also has "dark" themed songs (which can be focused on lyrics or production or both) just like blackout, like kill the lights, mannequin, or phonography.

Circus also counts with something that blackout doesnt and thats the main difference, balads. Why sould i be sad it's the closer thing to that in blackout.

Circus has more mature lyricd than blackout but it's production its simpler and also the melodies arent as catchy, even though circus has masterpieces such as IYSA and Circus which have everything on them. 

So yeah, basically circus it's a toned down blackout. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would say less mature. blackout was gritty with new producers and a clear theme and the edgy cover w her black hair. circus they brought back the bomt producers, it was very polished with clear 'pop hits for the sake of being pop hits' and to me, the cover seemed like they were trying to revert her back to her innocent pop princess look when i think she was over and done with that. 

however, i agree that mannequin has a dark vibe. kill the lights i think was just supposed to be a piece of me part 2. 

i mean no shade, i love circus; trouble has got to be one of my fave britney songs, but i just do not think it is a more mature version of blackout at all. 

8 minutes ago, MX3 said:

i would say less mature. blackout was gritty with new producers and a clear theme and the edgy cover w her black hair. circus they brought back the bomt producers, it was very polished with clear 'pop hits for the sake of being pop hits' and to me, the cover seemed like they were trying to revert her back to her innocent pop princess look when i think she was over and done with that. 

however, i agree that mannequin has a dark vibe. kill the lights i think was just supposed to be a piece of me part 2. 

this!

tbh circus was bittersweet to me

it was her big comeback, most of the songs were amazing but i didnt like how controlled and how fake it was, the cover was hypocrisy at its finest,

specially when most of us fans wanter her to come back fierce, ****** and mature, which is basically where she left off, we were expecting a grown up version of in the zone, but instead the whole image was like an oops sequel, the cover was a huge let down for me and a lot of people, how on earth do u put her on that angelical pose all covered up when she was dancing on a pole a year earlier, it just didnt make sense, they could have made the whole circus theme more ****** and make britney appear more in charge.

i have no complains on the songs or videos (a few on the videos but they were mostly fine) but i remember how thirsty we were for a bad britney yet we got a fake watered down brit 

Guest Diamond Horse

Circus has some songs that I like, I think it is very good and yet, for some reason, I can't take it entirely seriously, not in the least as seriously as Blackout.

Circus album deserves a lot more love IMO.. it's still my fourth favorite album of Britney's. It's not extremely cohesive but I can appreciate the variety in the album. A vast majority of this fanbase considered it part of the holy trinity before Godlory was released.:nynod:

That being said, no Circus is not a mature album. It'd be better to think of it as Blackout being Circus's dark slutty sister.

Archived