Breakdown planned?

CharlieBlue8

With the new "bio-pic" in the wings it has me wondering.  The GP are going to be talking negatively about her breakdown again, not that I think it will get many viewers.  But do you think ANY part of her breakdown was planned?  (I'll take mass hate for my taboo talk, as long as it gets the fanbase thinking.)

I think she was annoyed with the papz never letting her have a real private life but I think she did it on purpose.  It was another way to stir the pot.  She knew that.  Do I think eventually she got caught up in her grief?  Yeah but I think a part of her kept the fire burning.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see your point and I usually turn rude to people with this type of comments but you sound respectful, but no, I don't think she had the intention to be overexposed the way she was. Of course, she was conscious of what she did was gonna be on the tabloids but she is not the type of person that plans such drama stuff like Gaga or Assoncé which would sell their souls to devil for fame.

It started as a celebrity in trouble case but it just went out of control and proportions in such a horrible way that it turned into an upscaled  case of bullying of media vs. Britney :donewithit:

Absolutely not. In hindsight, particularly when you have an understanding of how mental illness unfolds, you can clearly follow the trajectory of her life and see the breakdown was impending and inescapable (i.e., it would've occurred with or without K-Fed, or any other one particular environmental stressor people like to attribute it to). 

It nearly destroyed both her personal (e.g., custody of her children) and professional life. Subsequently, she continues to be significantly impacted in both domains to this day (e.g., conservatorship, residually tainted public image). This was not something she willingly brought upon herself in any form or fashion. 

I had that in my mind too...like maybe she was hinting on Mona Lisa that she will be going trough some bad stuff..idk..it was probably the label's calling (if there is some truth in this) because they decided on almost everything in her career (cuz she was bringing the big cash and what not)...they probably thought that she is over and let her do what she want for her 5th album (Blackout) and that's why she was executive producer and why it is so experimental for its time

anyways I don't know why they would do that...she was already the most famous celeb out there...what money could they make more that way?..maybe they were trying to keep her still famous and burning during her break? idk..it doesn't make sense (unless the breakdown was a consequence (thrown from her label) about something that Britney did)

1 minute ago, LostInAnImage said:

Absolutely not. In hindsight, particularly when you have an understanding of how mental illness unfolds, you can clearly follow the trajectory of her life and see the breakdown was impending and inescapable (i.e., it would've occurred with or without K-Fed, or any other one particular environmental stressor people like to attribute it to). 

It nearly destroyed both her personal (e.g., custody of her children) and professional life. Subsequently, she continues to be significantly impacted in both domains to this day (e.g., conservatorship, residually tainted public image). This was not something she willingly brought upon herself in any form or fashion. 

Do you think she's a bit narcissistic? I've seen clips of the reality show she had and it felt like that 

she was freaking famous, whole world was running around her at that time,  her perfomance skills were praised, people had respect her.
so why would she do it? to get hated by public? to be seen as a joke ? 
dont think so.
she didnt need anything to be on tabloids. she was famous and succesful.

so it was not planned. but her team made money out of her breakdown. 

28 minutes ago, Curious_1110 said:

Do you think she's a bit narcissistic? I've seen clips of the reality show she had and it felt like that 

you obviously know nothing about her. no-thing.

britney is the exact ******* opposite of a narcissist. in fact, she doesn't even speak her mind a lot of times bc she's afraid to hurt people. that's the kind of person she is. shy, humble, to herself. you freaks need a history lesson asap.

Well..  I'm not taking up for the OP but I don't understand how some of you can just outright say she didn't try to mess up her image a bit.  Watch stages.  She was VERY unhappy and rebelled on purpose.  No, she didn't intend for it to propel to the point that it did but she also really thought her antics would turn people off and they would leave her alone/ignore her and move on to "other blonde pop girls".  yep, that's a quote. 

Archived