If there's no third single

MaPlayz

Here's my two cents -

Most people that have heard Glory loved or at the very least liked it. I've never played that album (be that in the car, in the background at my house) and heard someone say - "can we change that song? What is this?" I don't think the reason why Glory hasn't done so well is because people didn't like it. It's most likely because most people haven't even heard it. Yeah, she did a couple of performances but let's be real - no one aside from her hard core stans watched Jingle Ball etc., it's not like it's been heavily televised.

If she stops now, and doesn't release a third single, when she has so much great material to choose from, she's not gonna fair any better next time she releases something. She needs exposure and if she doesn't/can't perform the material then at least keep your name out there by bringing out single after single after single.

Chances are, whichever song she chooses, it's not gonna become a global smasha. Having said that, she needs a third and possibly even fourth single to get all the exposure she can get. People don't even know her music anymore and if she doesn't given them a reason to listen to her new stuff, no one is gonna go and check it out. :brit:

Unless she goes back to straight Pop, releasing a pop hit a la Womanizer, an earworm that will instantly hit and take over, I don't see her faring any better next time... why would she if she can't this time around with material as amazing as Glory?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

The reason is because GLORY wasn't promoted VEGAS was and it annoys the entire fanbase.

We can't blame lackluster music or no promo because we got good music and amazing promo but the amount of missed opportunities pretty much buried any success Glory would've had.

I think it's become obvious what's important here.. Vegas brings in the bucks, so that's what they're promoting. Music is downloaded illegally most of the time and so no effort goes into promoting it. Sucks but that's the harsh reality I guess .....

1 minute ago, MaPlayz said:

I think it's become obvious what's important here.. Vegas brings in the bucks, so that's what they're promoting. Music is downloaded illegally most of the time and so no effort goes into promoting it. Sucks but that's the harsh reality I guess .....

I hate her money hungry team tbh :byebitch:

She is just not cool any more, that's why she doesn't sell or nobody cares about her except for the old fans. Do you know anybody who started stanning after the first single of her current album? Or do you know anyone who even knows that she has a new album and is not a fan? You cannot get new fans or even keep the ones that you got with halfassing or lipsyncing to your 17-year-old vocals all the ******* time while the featuring artists do their bests. She used to set trends and always be iconic with everything she did, that's how she survived through Britney Jean and Glory tbh. The album that every single one of you has been praising is just so generic and inspired by new comers, who had already improved themselves a lot by the time she released the album. She has nothing to prove? Well maybe she doesn't really have anything that she could show except for those weird lips :byebitch:

There's a Twitter account I follow that said they were supposed to chose the third single this week but ended up choosing none which means glory is officially over.

i know better than to trust any insiders at this point,  so I'm not saying this is legit information.

with that being said, Britney Jean only had 2 singles and while this album is by far better, I wouldn't be surprised if they were already over. 

This is why vegas is such a bad thing for us fans, it focuses so much on her old hits that she doesn't even get to promote her new stuff to people who stop by her Vegas show, and it limits her exposure to the GP overall :weirdmeout:

53 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

The reason is because GLORY wasn't promoted VEGAS was and it annoys the entire fanbase.

We can't blame lackluster music or no promo because we got good music and amazing promo but the amount of missed opportunities pretty much buried any success Glory would've had.

This. I remember someone here attended the Triple Ho show and the teen girls in front of him turned around and asked "what song is this?" when she was doing DYWCO? :moorangu: 

Literally nobody is aware she even has a new album out. :meltdown: 

36 minutes ago, freaky said:

She is just not cool any more, that's why she doesn't sell or nobody cares about her except for the old fans. Do you know anybody who started stanning after the first single of her current album? Or do you know anyone who even knows that she has a new album and is not a fan? You cannot get new fans or even keep the ones that you got with halfassing or lipsyncing to your 17-year-old vocals all the ******* time while the featuring artists do their bests. She used to set trends and always be iconic with everything she did, that's how she survived through Britney Jean and Glory tbh. The album that every single one of you has been praising is just so generic and inspired by new comers, who had already improved themselves a lot by the time she released the album. She has nothing to prove? Well maybe she doesn't really have anything that she could show except for those weird lips :byebitch:

I agree with you on the fact that she probably hasn't gained many new fans over the last two eras.

Having said that I totally disagree about there being an issue about Glory being generic or it having a negative influence on her career. If anything I think it's the opposite. I think the problem she has isn't that she's generic. Generic per se sells and isn't even a bad thing. Some people don't need these emotional confessions of an artist elaborating on their deepest and darkest moments. That's never been what Britney was about, and whenever she did venture out into that realm of the creative process, it was more a gem to the fans than something meant to be heard by the general public.

I think her issue is much more the fact that she has A LACK OF DIRECTION. She has always done songs about going out, dancing the night away with her friends, finding a guy, having *** with him etc. That was her niche - fun, easy-going, not too deep or dark, just good old music you could dance your *** off to. But as time went on, these types of songs have probably lost their appeal to her. She doesn't drink, nor is she a man-eating tramp. Meanwhile, that's VERY MUCH STILL her niche and despite what many fans seem to argue that is what people want to hear from her. The songs that have been the most successful in the last 10 years were Womanizer, Scream & Shout, Till The World Ends, I Wanna Go and Work *****. All songs that deal with guys, dancing, partying and ***.

With this album, while it is about ***, you can tell the direction is coming from HER. Invitation, Just Luv Me, Slumber Party all have her fingerprints all over them. This is who she is now - the problem is ... who she is now as an artist is hard to combine with her image of the past. And if she doesn't get out there, starts talking about how she's grown and actually promote her growth as an artist, the disconnect is likely to get bigger and bigger and bigger.

Also, the last part I thought was kinda unnecessary about her lips.. she's gorgeous and as long as she feels comfortable, that's all that matters.

16 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

This. I remember someone here attended the Triple Ho show and the teen girls in front of him turned around and asked "what song is this?" when she was doing DYWCO? :moorangu: 

Literally nobody is aware she even has a new album out. :meltdown: 

You could tell whenever DYWCO came on, that people were like "ok.. I've been jumping up and down dancing to her songs.... time for a break.. what song is this anyway? Anybody know?" It doesn't help that Brit couldn't simply say "this is a new song off my new album Glory and I hope you guys like it..." She literally yells at the audience "Do You Wanna Come Over?" and starts the song.. like what?! Come over where and why? lol

7 minutes ago, King B. said:

Why was anyone thinking that there might be a thrid single anway?

Why wouldn't there be? Just coz BJ didn't have one doesn't mean there won't be one for Glory.

From a marketing perspective - You sorta have to put your stuff out there for people to become interested. Even if her two singles haven't been massive hits, not releasing one is nothing but stupid. How are people ever gonna be interested again if this continues? Is she just gonna keep popping out albums and two singles per album, hoping that at some point one of them might stick and bring her back to No.1? It's not particularly realistic and every third class PR person knows that unless you've been oversaturated in the media and omnipresent for 5 years, promotion & consistant releases are key.

Look at Bieber - he's HUGEEEEE. And he pops out one single after the next. Some work, some don't do so well. But he doesn't stop just coz one or two of them are not appreciated as much. This isn't 1999.

1 minute ago, MaPlayz said:

Why wouldn't there be? Just coz BJ didn't have one doesn't mean there won't be one for Glory.

From a marketing perspective - You sorta have to put your stuff out there for people to become interested. Even if her two singles haven't been massive hits, not releasing one is nothing but stupid. How are people ever gonna be interested again if this continues? Is she just gonna keep popping out albums and two singles per album, hoping that at some point one of them might stick and bring her back to No.1? It's not particularly realistic and every third class PR person knows that unless you've been oversaturated in the media and omnipresent for 5 years, promotion & consistant releases are key.

What does this have to do with BJ? The album underperformed, Britney does not care. RCA apparently neither so I don't get it. Why waste money promoting a song, producing a video when it doesn't bring in the coins. They don't make much money off her music.

4 minutes ago, King B. said:

What does this have to do with BJ? The album underperformed, Britney does not care. RCA apparently neither so I don't get it. Why waste money promoting a song, producing a video when it doesn't bring in the coins. They don't make much money off her music.

The point is that while her songs may have underperformed, she needs to keep putting stuff out there for people to actually rediscover her music. I made that point above, but again - What is she gonna do? Dropping albums every 2 years, 2 singles a pop, and hoping that at some point one of them will become a hit and catapult her back to No.1? Plus, let's be real, it's not like they're wasting money promoting anything - what sort of promotion has Slumber Party received? She makes 400k a night in vegas, paying for a video is hardly a major expense for her... especially if it keeps her name out there.

Her team is dumb. No one knows this album exists. They promoted Make Me way later than they should have, never discussed the album or mentioned it when she performed, and they released her second single when the little blimp of press she had disappeared. The second single should've been released a week or so before the album and performed with Make Me and the potential third and fourth singles at the VMAs. 

I wanted it this way:

BBMA- medley and premiere of make me song, original video premiere 

VMA- 4 song medley(Entrance to invitation, Make Me transition with Easy popping up, Slumber Party, and end with DYWCO dance rave) and 2nd single video premiere 

Archived