Britney Spears' "Make Me" Certified Gold

Jordan Miller

• Leader
britney-make-me-review.jpg

Glory!

How people consume music these days is curious. "Old school" listeners still gravitate towards purchasing a physical copy, but most of us rely on streaming services like Spotify and Apple Music (and Tidal, I guess), and the industry is still figuring out what it all means.

When an artist achieves "Gold" or "Platinum" status, meaning their single/album surpassed 500K or 1 million in sales respectively, they are awarded with a certification from the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America).

With that said, Britney Spears joins the Gold club this month with "Make Me." RIAA confirms the song, featuring G-Eazy, surpassed 5000,000 in digital sales in the U.S. since its release last July.

make-me-certified.jpg

If you walk down the slippery slope of comparing Britney's past releases, like 2000's Oops!... I Did It Again, which is certified Diamond (10 million units) several times over, you'll fool yourself. Music sales are not what they used to be, so a feat like this deserves major props... especially after nearly 20 years in the biz!

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived