Britney (Album) Secrets

OIDIA still had the teenage innocence, and ITZ fully embraced her *** appeal. But Britney sat perfectly between those two in terms of themes.  Slave 4 U still holds up to this date. I Run Away and INAGNYAW have legitimately made me cry a couple of times. And justice for the hidden gem She'll Never Be Me!

This is one of those albums that fills me up with painful nostalgia for the early 00s whenever I hear it :sobbing:

And that's just the album. The era was mesmerizing for its own reasons.

Image result for britney gifImage result for britney 2001 gif

The costumes, the videos, the performances, the VMAs, the promo, Crossroads, Pepsi, her Barbie look... simply incredible.  

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Vgameman2011 said:

Cinderella is amazing, idk what you're talking about :staysalty:

I don't know, it's just my opinion... I feel they weren't really mature songs for that album in particular. I could see them fitting better in Oops.

22 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Boys and I'm A Slave 4 U were originally sent to Janet before Britney! She turned down Slave, but she recorded her own version of Boys and called it "Boyz" (check out The Neptunes official website for confirmation). And speaking of Lonely and What About, I've never understood why people say they're similar. What About has a more industrial sound to it, while Lonely is straight up rock. And the subject matter is completely different. But I do agree that All For You and Anticipating are basically the same song. Btw, it's great to have another Janet stan on this site!

I've always wanted to know if the fight between BT and Jive was real or if it was just a rumor. It's one of those things that intrigues me. Because even tho they say Before The Goodbye isn't finished, When I Say So sounds like a completely mastered song that's ready to be put on the album. And like many fans, I also want to hear Bring Me Home! Brian Kierulf and Josh Schwartz talked about it on Twitter a few years ago, they said it was a beautiful acoustic ballad. Since this was 2001 I can only imagine how amazing Britney's vocals are on it, especially since she said it was her favorite song from the Britney album sessions :sassybrit:

Yeah, I know what you mean about 'What About', I feel they are a bit similar, but not that much as people say. Somehow, they are aboth about leaving a relationship that is not good. Janet's lyrics are deeper and more about abuse.

I think 'What is like to be me' chorus has a similar vibe to 'What About' chorus. I can be tripping, tho:

2 hours ago, morango said:

I don't know, it's just my opinion... I feel they weren't really mature songs for that album in particular. I could see them fitting better in Oops.

Yeah, I know what you mean about 'What About', I feel they are a bit similar, but not that much as people say. Somehow, they are aboth about leaving a relationship that is not good. Janet's lyrics are deeper and more about abuse.

I think 'What is like to be me' chorus has a similar vibe to 'What About' chorus. I can be tripping, tho:

I was legit thinking the other day that they definitely would've fit in well on Oops! I feel you. 

7 hours ago, morango said:

Ohhh, I hear it! 

On 1/21/2017 at 7:20 AM, Dynasty said:

omg yes finally someone with immaculate taste :mcry: i wanna hear Bring me home so bad too, it must be heaven for ears if Britney liked it so much, and yes pharellney needs to happen for b10 tbh, he ll produce something amazing for her and feature on it too :mcry: 

She was amazing those years. Her soul in the songs were just wow. I meaneven in the super pop ones like Cinderella which she was probably like "this is too 2000ney"..she sounded gorgeous. 

Do you like Sugarfall? I can't believe it wasn't on Blackout

On 1/22/2017 at 11:47 AM, morango said:

wow...Britney should cover a Janet song. She is obviously very influenced and inspired by her.

41 minutes ago, popprison said:

wow...Britney should cover a Janet song. She is obviously very influenced and inspired by her.

Britney covered two Janet songs on the BOMT tour, but yeah i assume you mean a studio version?

Yeah Britney has always said that Janet has been a big influence on her career. There was a good thread with all the Janet references Britney had made throughout her career but the thread's gone seeing as Jordan deleted all the old threads in August :crying2:  

On 1/21/2017 at 7:20 AM, Dynasty said:

i wanna hear Bring me home so bad too, it must be heaven for ears if Britney liked it so much

On 1/21/2017 at 0:45 PM, BraveNewSeth said:

And like many fans, I also want to hear Bring Me Home! Brian Kierulf and Josh Schwartz talked about it on Twitter a few years ago, they said it was a beautiful acoustic ballad. Since this was 2001 I can only imagine how amazing Britney's vocals are on it, especially since she said it was her favorite song from the Britney album sessions :sassybrit:

"Bring Me Home" wasn't a ballad. It was a pop song with an organic rock vibe, like Lonely.

What you're thinking of is another Britney album outtake, "Baby Can't You See", which was the first ever ballad produced by The Neptunes.

If you want to listen to "Bring Me Home" though, you can do so online. It was given to some random international singer named Preslava. Here it is! :)

21 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

"Bring Me Home" wasn't a ballad. It was a pop song with an organic rock vibe, like Lonely.

What you're thinking of is another Britney album outtake, "Baby Can't You See", which was the first ever ballad produced by The Neptunes.

If you want to listen to "Bring Me Home" though, you can do so online. It was given to some random international singer named Preslava. Here it is! :)

Wait whatt??? I remember a snippet of this song was on another video on youtube called 'Britney Spears Bring Me Home snippet' or whatever before everyone was quick to point out it was from this song, but i didn't know this was the actual Bring Me Home song that was given to another artist?? Is this true? Where was it confirmed? Cause the instrumental does sound quite Britneyish...

25 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

holy **** :umomg: i of course knew bring me home wasnt supposed to be a ballad, but holy **** I HAD NO IDEA i could actually hear the sound of it :o no wonder Britney loved it, imagine if she sang this, it would end careers holy ****, her flop team didnt respect her decisions and made a mistake once again, flops, this song sounds rly good,  thank you for posting :hugs: 

30 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Preslava is bulgarian singer and this song is turkish cover. Original song is written by Sezen Aksu. 

1 hour ago, Isla. said:

Britney covered two Janet songs on the BOMT tour, but yeah i assume you mean a studio version?

Yeah Britney has always said that Janet has been a big influence on her career. There was a good thread with all the Janet references Britney had made throughout her career but the thread's gone seeing as Jordan deleted all the old threads in August :crying2:  

I was wondering where everything went..why would he do that :/

and yes, I mean officially and as a single.

On 1/21/2017 at 2:59 PM, Barbie Spears said:

OIDIA still had the teenage innocence, and ITZ fully embraced her *** appeal. But Britney sat perfectly between those two in terms of themes.  Slave 4 U still holds up to this date. I Run Away and INAGNYAW have legitimately made me cry a couple of times. And justice for the hidden gem She'll Never Be Me!

This is one of those albums that fills me up with painful nostalgia for the early 00s whenever I hear it :sobbing:

And that's just the album. The era was mesmerizing for its own reasons.

Image result for britney gifImage result for britney 2001 gif

The costumes, the videos, the performances, the VMAs, the promo, Crossroads, Pepsi, her Barbie look... simply incredible.  

same, painful nostalgia = oops and britney eras

Archived