Jump to content

New BreatheHeavy live stream TODAY at 3:30 pm PT

One-click subscribe to our YouTube channel!

Britney (Album) Secrets


Guest

Recommended Posts

 

 

-The album was rumored to originally be titled "Shock Your Mind". It was titled "Britney" because she felt the album reflected who she was at the time. 

 

- Britney wrote nearly the entire album before the track listing was changed. 

"Spears also noted that she wrote all but two of the tracks currently slated to appear on the set." 

- The songs Britney recorded with BT did not make the album due to conflicts between him and Jive. His production on "Before the Goodbye" is said to be unfinished. 

 

- Jive wanted "Bombastic Love" to be a single multiple times, including the first single but Britney refused. They also remixed the song that was to be the single version when they were trying to convince her to release it. 

 

- "Back at the Ambassador Hotel. We didn't start on time, 'cause I had to talk to Clive, the Chairman/CEO of Jive, my record company. I felt strongly about this song, "Bombastic Love", not being used in the screen version, only on the DVD version. It took me a long time to talk him out of it. But I walked away satisfied that we're not gonna use it as a single release from my new album."

 

 

- The "Britney" album was initially going to be much edgier and was not going include the songs used in Britney's movie "Crossroads" which were specifically written for the movie. A soundtrack wasn't released and the songs were used on the album, and tracks such as the leaked "(Tell Me) Am I a Sinner", "Mad Love", "When I Say So" and other tracks by The Neptunes and BT didn't make the cut. Britney's favorite track "Bring Me Home" also didn't make the album when this happened.

 

- The songs meant for the soundtrack were "Overprotected", "Not A Girl", "I Love Rock & Roll" and possibly others. "Bombastic Love" was also originally meant to be used with the movie. Songs used in the movie by other artists might have also appeared on it. A promotional soundtrack EP was given to anyone who ordered the movie on Pay Per View or attended it opening day but it was only sold exclusively at Best Buy and a few other select retailers.

 

- "Max Martin was brought in to write several songs for the movie, and the songs were also on Britney's third album, most notably "I'm Not a Girl." 

"The film's soundtrack will feature a ballad called 'Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman', which will also appear on Britney's album." 

 

- "Boys" was announced as the third single in North America before it was changed to the 

Darkchild remix of "Overprotected".

 

-An insider confirmed Missy Elliott and Diddy were originally going to appear on a remix of "Boys" before Pharrell."Let Me Be" originally appeared on a soundtrack before the album was released and considered to be a single. That's Where You Take Me was released as the last single in Philippines only, after it was cancelled due to Britney recording new material (In The Zone).

 

 

Link to comment
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite album and era including the bonus and international tracks. Before the Goodbye is soo good. That producer, BT, also did NSYNC's Pop which is amazing. Tell me am I a sinner and when I say so are amazing and I want to hear Bring Me Home! I love anything Neptunesney. Pharrell Williams and Brit and just dope AF together (Slave 4 u, boys, sugarfall, why should I be sad).

 

 

 

Link to comment
14 minutes ago, popprison said:

My favorite album and era including the bonus and international tracks. Before the Goodbye is soo good. That producer, BT, also did NSYNC's Pop which is amazing. Tell me am I a dinner and when I say so are amazing and I want to hear Bring Me Home! I love anything Neptunesney. Pharrell Williams and Brit and just dope AF together (Slave 4 u, boys, sugarfall, why should I be sad).

 

 

 

omg yes finally someone with immaculate taste :mcry: i wanna hear Bring me home so bad too, it must be heaven for ears if Britney liked it so much, and yes pharellney needs to happen for b10 tbh, he ll produce something amazing for her and feature on it too :mcry: 

Link to comment

Britney it's a mix between ''Shock Your Mind'' and ''Crossroads'', Britney also had some issues with Max Martin cause of ''Cinderella'' Lyrics, fans wanted back then ''Lonely'' as the third/Fourth single but as Britney decision they went with ''Boys'' but remixing cause they felt the album version wasn't strong enough and trying to reach a more ''Urban'' sound since they knew they were going with something less Pop in the next album and see how it would go, and that's why they tried a sequel with ''Boom Boom'' but we all know how Britney went with ''Toxic'', ''Bombastic Love'' was a Love-Jive and Hate-Britney, and she agreed to recorded but never releasing (And their Troll move by usging as the Intro of Overprotected video lol) ''I'm Not a Girl'' also was rumored to have some more deep and dark lyrics than the ones we got, she also re-recorded ''When I Say So'' after BT stuff went behind and tried to use on ''In The Zone'' but never happened, ''She'll Never Be Me'' is not about Cameron Diaz cause it was recorded at the same time as all the other tracks, just leaked at the right time to look like it was, and her fav song from that era it was ''Bring Me Home'', and more stuff...

Link to comment

I love 'Intimidated' and 'She'll Never Be Me', I think they would have fit in the album like a glove. I hate 'Bombastic Love' and 'Cinderella', too poppy for my taste and they don't add much to the album body of work. 'Let Me Be' is very J-Lo-ish, but it's one of my favorites. 'That's Where You Take Me' reminds me a lot of the sound of 'Empty' by Janet.

By the way, Janet had released 'All For You' some months before 'Britney' and I think both albums sound very similar... even their style and their tour outfits were very much a like. ('Lonely' sounds a lot like Janet's 'What About' and 'Anticipating' sounds like 'All For You')

Not mentioning that 'Boys' and 'Slave' were written with Janet in mind and that 'Overprotected (Dark Child Remix)' was located in the same hotel 'Son of a Gun' was filmed. 

With that being said, I think 'Britney' is the most Janet-ish era, followed by 'In the Zone'. I miss those days! 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, PBoy said:

Britney it's a mix between ''Shock Your Mind'' and ''Crossroads'', Britney also had some issues with Max Martin cause of ''Cinderella'' Lyrics, fans wanted back then ''Lonely'' as the third/Fourth single but as Britney decision they went with ''Boys'' but remixing cause they felt the album version wasn't strong enough and trying to reach a more ''Urban'' sound since they knew they were going with something less Pop in the next album and see how it would go, and that's why they tried a sequel with ''Boom Boom'' but we all know how Britney went with ''Toxic'', ''Bombastic Love'' was a Love-Jive and Hate-Britney, and she agreed to recorded but never releasing (And their Troll move by usging as the Intro of Overprotected video lol) ''I'm Not a Girl'' also was rumored to have some more deep and dark lyrics than the ones we got, she also re-recorded ''When I Say So'' after BT stuff went behind and tried to use on ''In The Zone'' but never happened, ''She'll Never Be Me'' is not about Cameron Diaz cause it was recorded at the same time as all the other tracks, just leaked at the right time to look like it was, and her fav song from that era it was ''Bring Me Home'', and more stuff...

What was the problem Britney had about 'Cinderella'?

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, morango said:

What was the problem Britney had about 'Cinderella'?

I read somewhere that she thought it was too immature for her, same with Bombastic Love.

Link to comment

Wasn't Before The Goodbye the original choice for first single? I remember reading that somewhere I think she said it in an interview way before the album was released. 

It's sad that she seems to always have a problem with her labels letting her release music that she has written. Jive was kind of dumb for not releasing NAGNYAW and ILRNR exclusively on the soundtrack for the movie......they could've still be singles

Link to comment
1 minute ago, hushpuppies said:

I've always felt that Before the Goodbye has something missing (the production kinda sounds thin imo) :(. But still one of my favorites.

Same! 

Link to comment
4 hours ago, morango said:

I love 'Intimidated' and 'She'll Never Be Me', I think they would have fit in the album like a glove. I hate 'Bombastic Love' and 'Cinderella', too poppy for my taste and they don't add much to the album body of work. 'Let Me Be' is very J-Lo-ish, but it's one of my favorites. 'That's Where You Take Me' reminds me a lot of the sound of 'Empty' by Janet.

By the way, Janet had released 'All For You' some months before 'Britney' and I think both albums sound very similar... even their style and their tour outfits were very much a like. ('Lonely' sounds a lot like Janet's 'What About' and 'Anticipating' sounds like 'All For You')

Not mentioning that 'Boys' and 'Slave' were written with Janet in mind and that 'Overprotected (Dark Child Remix)' was located in the same hotel 'Son of a Gun' was filmed. 

With that being said, I think 'Britney' is the most Janet-ish era, followed by 'In the Zone'. I miss those days! 

Cinderella is amazing, idk what you're talking about :staysalty:

Link to comment
4 hours ago, morango said:

I love 'Intimidated' and 'She'll Never Be Me', I think they would have fit in the album like a glove. I hate 'Bombastic Love' and 'Cinderella', too poppy for my taste and they don't add much to the album body of work. 'Let Me Be' is very J-Lo-ish, but it's one of my favorites. 'That's Where You Take Me' reminds me a lot of the sound of 'Empty' by Janet.

By the way, Janet had released 'All For You' some months before 'Britney' and I think both albums sound very similar... even their style and their tour outfits were very much a like. ('Lonely' sounds a lot like Janet's 'What About' and 'Anticipating' sounds like 'All For You')

Not mentioning that 'Boys' and 'Slave' were written with Janet in mind and that 'Overprotected (Dark Child Remix)' was located in the same hotel 'Son of a Gun' was filmed. 

With that being said, I think 'Britney' is the most Janet-ish era, followed by 'In the Zone'. I miss those days! 

Boys and I'm A Slave 4 U were originally sent to Janet before Britney! She turned down Slave, but she recorded her own version of Boys and called it "Boyz" (check out The Neptunes official website for confirmation). And speaking of Lonely and What About, I've never understood why people say they're similar. What About has a more industrial sound to it, while Lonely is straight up rock. And the subject matter is completely different. But I do agree that All For You and Anticipating are basically the same song. Btw, it's great to have another Janet stan on this site!

I've always wanted to know if the fight between BT and Jive was real or if it was just a rumor. It's one of those things that intrigues me. Because even tho they say Before The Goodbye isn't finished, When I Say So sounds like a completely mastered song that's ready to be put on the album. And like many fans, I also want to hear Bring Me Home! Brian Kierulf and Josh Schwartz talked about it on Twitter a few years ago, they said it was a beautiful acoustic ballad. Since this was 2001 I can only imagine how amazing Britney's vocals are on it, especially since she said it was her favorite song from the Britney album sessions :sassybrit:

Link to comment
5 hours ago, PBoy said:

 they went with ''Boys'' but remixing cause they felt the album version wasn't strong enough and trying to reach a more ''Urban'' sound since they knew they were going with something less Pop in the next album and see how it would go

when ı was a new fan of britney's and exploring her songs, ı thought boys(remix) was on itz and when ı realized it was released in britney era, ı still couldn't see it as a britney(the album) song because it fits itz better.it is still an itz song for me:unbelievableney:

Link to comment
  • Twitter Team

I didn't know that about Boys (that P Diddy and Missy Elliott were originally going to appear on the remix). That's interesting. I did know most of this already though.

Some other facts:

- Before the Goodbye was the original lead single, changed after Britney recorded Slave (also possibly not released because of problems between BT/Jive)

- She'll Never Be Me was going to be a b-side to Overprotected but was taken off the tracklisting

- The remix of Bombastic Love that can be heard in the Making of Crossroads clip from the Britney: The Videos DVD was rumoured to be the single mix when the song was going to be a single

- Slave was originally for Janet Jackson but she turned it down, she also originally recorded Boys. Would be interesting to hear her version if it leaks one day 

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block