I have a question regarding Umbrella

sutramaya

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Just Britney. Only reason JAY Z was on the Rihanna version is because he was her mentor at the time.

He was her manager that's how she got big in 07 despite releasing 2 albums prior to GGGB.  

Jay stepped in and made sure she got the best producers, got her a stylist and revamp her image .... a lot don't know but Rihanna was having money problems for the 1st few yrs of her career even after RR.

2 hours ago, OCBoy1985 said:

He was her manager that's how she got big in 07 despite releasing 2 albums prior to GGGB.  

Jay stepped in and made sure she got the best producers, got her a stylist and revamp her image .... a lot don't know but Rihanna was having money problems for the 1st few yrs of her career even after RR.

I honestly don't even think Jay can take that much credit. Especially since he was president of the label when he signed her and the one signing off on the songs for her first two albums. Yet they still weren't super massive hits. I think umbrella did good because it was just a monster. And sounded different from her previous songs. That with her new edgy look with her taking more creative control, I think it all just happened to work. It reminds me of Pink and how her first album was all LA Reid picking material for her then she took more control her sophomore album and had bigger success. 

• Super Mods
6 hours ago, Poe Dameron said:

Blackout.. but she chose Gimme More instead

No, it never made it to her. Her management turned it down because they said they have enough material. Heard later that when Britney found out what happened, she was pissed. I'm sure her team rejected it because they knew the media would jump on the umbrella jokes and it will never stop. I guess I can see why, its originally a ballad and people won't be able to take her seriously with the song even if she killed it.

Archived