Slumber Party Radio Update - Day IDK (sorry andrea)

Lou M. Taylor

50 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

It's falling. It peaked at 29 a week ago and is now 31. The audience of Slumber Party is around 7-8M a week. The song is absolutely unknown.  They need to do like one performance and then discount it if they want the song to sell more and stay in the top 100. Discounting it right now would be ineffective !

Why do you keep participating in these threads if youre only going to be negative? The GP is fickle...if a popular artist lands on the first column of itunes discounted songs in the mainpage it skyrockets (even if its a barely known one). GP will check big name artists out for 69 cents even if they knew nothing about the song before. Britney may not be as relevant as she was ten years ago, but she still pulls the GP enough when she is positioned the right way. Just like there was a rush to check out SP video because it was positioned correctly in its media coverage. 

A discount wont guarantee more radio play (look at Million Reasons being stuck even after a month of discounts and peaking in itunes top ten) but it will still help SP in general. If you look at the radio audience difference between SP and Million Reasons (even with hundreds more spins) SP has a substantially bigger AI, meaning people are enjoying it/listening to it more. If SP got the same promo and discounts as MR did it would smash. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

I assume you don't know how all of this works ?  :giggleney:

Yes, I do. Very well...it appears you dont or that you havent noticed the industry shift since the advent of streaming and arent knowledgable/aware of how things work and/or have changed consumer wise from year to year, month to month.

Im in agreement that SP is most likely done but your contributions/outlooks from a metrics/industry trend perspective appear dated. 

55 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

Slumber Party won't become a hit and that's not negativity. It already peaked on radio and is now falling. The streaming numbers for this song on Spotify are tragic (around 90-100k a day, despite being added on big playlists), Make Me is still getting more than SP, that says a lot. The views on YT are tragic too (200k a day). There is no demand for the song, there is no interest, no support, no promo planned to save it either so yeah discounting it would not have a real effect and Britney is not popular anymore so it would not bring the song in the top 100.

The only thing that can help the song right now is some exposure as I said, with a performance on TV.

I agree with all that. Thats why I said IF SP had the same promotion as MR did it would smash...but we all know it wont have that promo, so yes it will fail. 

I was pointing out that the opportunity for success is there based on how SP is trending compared to a song by an artist that is essentially at the same relevancy level as her in 2017...and has done a fair share of promotion and discounts for her song.

When MR was in the middle of its big promotional push it had a discount to coincide. With all if its tv performances, promos and top ten position on itunes Slumber Party was still ahead of it at radio. When Gaga slowed promotion down, and the song started tumbling down on itunes, it finally inched past SP at radio, but SP retained a million plus higher AI. 

Here we are two months after both singles released and SP still has a substanially larger AI for its spin count and is still gaining more than Million Reasons in daily spins. And this is all happening with essentially no lick of promotion and while sitting in the 500s of itunes and barely any dent on spotify. 

The point was that if B did some work on SP it has the numbers and performance behind it thus far to possibly become a hit...but like we know that time probably wont be invested. 

Ugh I just wish she could do an appearance or performance. Like the people's choice awards would be the perfect opportunity. It's tomorrow and would be perfect exposure,plus she's nominated for like 3 or 4 awards. But she literally hasn't said anything about attending or anything so I'm sure it won't happen.

Archived