Oops!…I Did Again album secrets

e-mailmyheart

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, secret07 said:

I've read about this several times, I couldn't find any sources. I never remember hearing about it being a video during that era. I found this fansite that says:

There is a very popular rumour that a video was shot for the (now scrapped) single. The video was supposedly shot in January 2001 by directors Jonathan Sayton and Valerie Faris, best known for their music videos for alternative and rock groups. This was just recently dismissed by a spokesperson for Dayton and Faris – on Twitter – however no one knows if this is just for placing the video rumours to rest, or if in fact no video actually exists. Either way, it looks like we will never know for sure.

http://www.breatheheavy.com/celebrating-15-years-of-when-your-eyes-say-it-with-interesting-facts/

Felicia replied to me on Facebook that there was never a video for that song. She could've been lying, but, why would she bother to reply to me, just to tell me lies? Also the company that Valerie Faris works for answered me as well, that they never shot a video for Britney Spears. Who knows tbh.

And for the other topics, I don't think Dear Diary is the first song she wrote. There was I'm So Curious before that.

9 hours ago, e-mailmyheart said:

"(I Can not Get No) Satisfaction” was supposed to be used as a promotional single, but things changed rapidly since it was considered one of the worst cover in pop history by the critics.

I didn't expected that bts_sup_suga_pt_2_by_emojikid-daddlq0.gi imo it was pretty good...

4 hours ago, Egyptioneys said:

Picture of the Stronger single in Italy please

is not that they really "forgot" to print her name on the cover. Maybe they just decided to do somethin alternative, since Japan did the same with Stronger. Spain did the same with Hold it Against Me and there's also a baby single without her name on the cover.

Stronger Italy: https://www.discogs.com/Britney-Spears-Stronger/release/4241700

R-4241700-1359476900-9706.jpeg.jpg

Japan (her name is in japanese I guess, but this on the side is an OBI, not the cover itself)

BSstrongerCDS.JPG

HIAM SPAIN

R-4142626-1359625358-2635.jpeg.jpg

21 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

i've never seen anything like that and i've been a die-hard since 1999

Well man I do have zero interest in lying :queenriri:

I remember seeing the pics of her at a park, lilac dress, long blond hair, surrounded by trees, under a sort of white pergola thing and the person who posted the pics said it was for a video shoot, probably When Your Eyes Say It. They were paparazzi pics. All you could see was Britney surrounded by tons of people, make up artist and all. I was probably literally like 13 or 14 at the time. But I do remember seeing this somewhere so... :foh:

12 hours ago, ubritney said:

Well man I do have zero interest in lying :queenriri:

I remember seeing the pics of her at a park, lilac dress, long blond hair, surrounded by trees, under a sort of white pergola thing and the person who posted the pics said it was for a video shoot, probably When Your Eyes Say It. They were paparazzi pics. All you could see was Britney surrounded by tons of people, make up artist and all. I was probably literally like 13 or 14 at the time. But I do remember seeing this somewhere so... :foh:

On 1/15/2017 at 9:24 AM, e-mailmyheart said:

tumblr_m2xporlbdv1qhgj0co1_500.png

• The album was supposed to be called at first “Britney Spears”, then “Sunflower” and  “Platinum 2000” but at the end they chose for “Oops!…I Did Again” like the first single.
  • "(I Can not Get No) Satisfaction” was supposed to be used as a promotional single, but things changed rapidly since it was considered one of the worst cover in pop history by the critics.
  • The album entered in the Guinness World Records for the largest sales in the first week of release in the history of music.
  • In Italy they forgot to print the name “Britney Spears” on the cover of the single “Stronger”.
  • The man talking in the song “Oops!…I Did It Again” is Max Martin.
  • “Don’t Let Me Be The Last To Know” was considered to be the second single off of the album at one point (Britney confirmed this in an interview in 2000). “When Your Eyes Say It” was also considered to be the fourth.
  • “When Your Eyes Say It” was supposed to be released as the fourth or fifth single and a video was directed by Jonathon Dayton & Valerie Faris in early 2001. The single was cancelled & the video remains unreleased.
  • “Dear Diary” was the first song written by Britney. One of the writers of “Dear Diary” (recorded in 1999) wanted the song to possibly have a ‘dark’ ending before Britney revised it. The original ending had Britney finding out the guy she had a crush on is holding hands with her best friend, and tells her listeners that she has learnt about getting your heart broken.
  • “You Got It All”, an international bonus track, was originally recorded for …Baby One More Time and was included on a promotional tape previewing tracks from the album in 1998.
  • An unofficial mash-up of Eminem’s “The Real Slim Shady” and Britney’s “Oops!…I Did It Again” was one of the most illegally-downloaded and popular songs on file-sharing networks in 2000.

Opps has some of her best ballads and mid tempos and she sounds great too (WYESI, DLMBTLTK, OKFY & WAYN)

Archived