Oops!…I Did Again album secrets

e-mailmyheart

20 minutes ago, secret07 said:

I've read about this several times, I couldn't find any sources. I never remember hearing about it being a video during that era. I found this fansite that says:

There is a very popular rumour that a video was shot for the (now scrapped) single. The video was supposedly shot in January 2001 by directors Jonathan Sayton and Valerie Faris, best known for their music videos for alternative and rock groups. This was just recently dismissed by a spokesperson for Dayton and Faris – on Twitter – however no one knows if this is just for placing the video rumours to rest, or if in fact no video actually exists. Either way, it looks like we will never know for sure.

http://www.breatheheavy.com/celebrating-15-years-of-when-your-eyes-say-it-with-interesting-facts/

I think they never filmed it, because we will have gotten at least something from the shoot, like we always do, even for things that were made but have gotten scrapped :britannoyed:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

yeah there's been talk about it for a while now but there's never ever been any proof whatsoever. knowing Jive and her team, they wouldn't have released that song. there are so many other more commercial-friendly songs from Oops. WYESI would just be completely random. and for them to actually shoot a video and not release it would be a huge waste of money. i just personally dont believe it.

This is a really good point, Especially back in 2000, 2001, I don't see them wasting money and resources on a video that would never see the light of day.

5 hours ago, LBoggie said:

Platinum 2000? I'm glad it wasn't called that. 

Diamond 2000 in any case.... Just kidding. 

I've always wished the "When your eyes say it" rumor to be true and that the video would leak someday, I think its one of her finest and most mature songs from her early days. 

Unfortunately I don't think the rumor is truth. :( 

2 hours ago, ZoneGirl said:

I've heard all these details about the album before but it never occurred to me that the "When Your Eye Say It" video thing could be completely made up.

Didn't Felicia say in a recent interview there was no video? But for all we know she might have forgotten 

But its weird because under Jonathon and Valerie's videography on several websites the video has been listed. I also remember someone on here telling me they saw what was supposed to be a photo of Britney on the set of the video on some fansite that got closed down years ago but now the photo cannot be found - not sure if that's true or not but strange if true.

Also there is a very rare radio promo single of the song that was sent out to radio stations in early 2001 in the UK but was pulled when the song's release was cancelled - i saw it on discogs once. That pretty much confirms it was going to be a single at one point.

It's a lovely song and i think it's very underrated and better than DLMBTLTK tbh haha. Not sure if it would have worked as a single though.

14 minutes ago, bassomnia said:

Satisfaction the worst cover?

And then she shut all the mouth with live performance on VMA 2000

I think she has worse covers imo, i always loved her Satisfaction cover. Even Mick Jagger said he liked it in an interview.

9 minutes ago, Isla. said:

Didn't Felicia say in a recent interview there was no video? But for all we know she might have forgotten 

But its weird because under Jonathon and Valerie's videography on several websites the video has been listed. I also remember someone on here telling me they saw what was supposed to be a photo of Britney on the set of the video on some fansite that got closed down years ago but now the photo cannot be found - not sure if that's true or not but strange if true.

Also there is a very rare radio promo single of the song that was sent out to radio stations in early 2001 in the UK but was pulled when the song's release was cancelled - i saw it on discogs once. That pretty much confirms it was going to be a single at one point.

It's a lovely song and i think it's very underrated and better than DLMBTLTK tbh haha. Not sure if it would have worked as a single though.

Hmmm well, that's interesting. And if it's listed on the director's videography then that's saying something.

Idk. It could have been slated to be a single, and there are promo CDs of things that went on to not be released but. Idk who knows. 

Just now, ZoneGirl said:

Hmmm well, that's interesting. And if it's listed on the director's videography then that's saying something.

Idk. It could have been slated to be a single, and there are promo CDs of things that went on to not be released but. Idk who knows. 

The radio promo CD itself confirms to me it was planned at one point, think they just went with DLMBTLTK in the end though (OR it was planned to be released after but after DLMBTLTK flopped they didn't bother and Britney instead started recording for the Britney album) 

Suppose we'll never know about the video tbh. 

8 minutes ago, Isla. said:

The radio promo CD itself confirms to me it was planned at one point, think they just went with DLMBTLTK in the end though (OR it was planned to be released after but after DLMBTLTK flopped they didn't bother and Britney instead started recording for the Britney album) 

Suppose we'll never know about the video tbh. 

Yeah, that's the story I've read before.

4 hours ago, e-mailmyheart said:

tumblr_m2xporlbdv1qhgj0co1_500.png

• The album was supposed to be called at first “Britney Spears”, then “Sunflower” and  “Platinum 2000” but at the end they chose for “Oops!…I Did Again” like the first single.

The fact that Sunflower and Platinum 2000 :ricackle: were even options proves that Britney's team has been clueless from the start.

4 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

some of these just arent true. I'm So Curious was the first song Britney co-wrote. Dear Diary is the first one that made it on an album...

I also have never believed the When Your Eyes Say It video rumor. there has been absolutely no proof

There were pics of Britney reportedly shooting the video in a lilac dress in a park.

4 hours ago, e-mailmyheart said:

• An unofficial mash-up of Eminem’s “The Real Slim Shady” and Britney’s “Oops!…I Did It Again” was one of the most illegally-downloaded and popular songs on file-sharing networks in 2000.

Ahh I remember this! Totally forgot about it. Kazaa & Limewire throwback

Guest StrawberryKisses

I actually want that dark Dear Diary ending :otears:

"Dear Diary,

He finally walked up to me today 

He was so happy to see me, he flashed a smile

I was the happiest girl in the world

But then a girl rushed beside him

Held him hand-in-hand

My  best friend couldn't look happier 

Now I understand...

Heartbreak.... Dear Diarrryyyyy..