Britney Jean & Glory

Chico101

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean the eras? Bc the Circus album itself song-wise wasn't themed to a circus and the FF album song-wise wasn't themed at all.

If BJ and Glory eras had a theme it would probably be Vegas. I mean it's been all about Vegas since 2013.

In all honesty BJ was: the neon sign on the cover and CD represent the Vegas lights. The WB video was in the Vegas desert. Glory... there's been no theme at all.

1 hour ago, nels64 said:

BOMT, OIDIA, Britney, ITZ, Blackout didn't have themes. So I think your theory falls a little flat. 

Hmmm I think I was looking at the tours more so than the albums.

BOMT to ITZ eras each had some cohesive factor (maybe the tours)

I guess Britney Jean's and Glory's are Vegas.

There's no Britney Jean or Glory eras....its just the Vegas era.

Britney Jean is just her most personal album, it is so personal that Britney decided to get someone else to sing for her so that it wouldn't be TOO personal.

Glory is the most glorious one, it so glorious that the album booklet is made up of her most glorious music video's screen caps. 

Any other questions? :whitneyshade:

2 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

There was nothing "Femme Fatale" about Femme Fatale lol.

Sorry! I think I was associating the tour themes with the albums.

Femme Fatale had a femme fatale theme in the tour. I bought the DVD - its even a huge part of the opening sequence of the tour.

Just now, Chico101 said:

Sorry! I think I was associating the tour themes with the albums.

Femme Fatale had a femme fatale theme in the tour. I bought the DVD - its even a huge part of the opening sequence of the tour.

Yeah the tour's storyline is really the only thing about it. The music is too happy and poppy and the photoshoot is white and full of light, it's not like the dark and black themes of a Femme Fatale.

2 hours ago, Chico101 said:

Circus had a circus theme.

Femme Fatale had a femme fatale theme.

What themes did Britney Jean and Glory have? 

Is their lack of a cohesive theme one of the reasons they weren't commercially successful?

Bored Jam had a Will.I.Am & Myah theme and Glory has a glorious theme :slayney::cinderellaney::hipney::milkney:

Love BJ or hate BJ all you want, Alien is still a masterpiece, the lyrics (actually one of the view songs who is actually personal)

BJ is a good album, but just not a good Britney Album, it feels like this album is out of place and doesn't really belong in her discography.

Glory on the other hand, is a great album.

"Britney Jean" & "Glory" should not ever be put in the same sentence. Its an insult to "Glory". 

And yes "Britney Jean" did have a (poorly executed) theme as being the "personal album".  As far as I know "Glory" doesn't have an specific theme but that has nothing to do with its performance, as far as I know none of her first 5 albums from "Baby one more time" to "Blackout" needed a theme to succeed. 

Archived