From Mariah to Britney Spears: 90's pop singers have lost space for new generation

e-mailmyheart

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Soni said:

Naah.I still feel like her sound was pretty followed and that was what was leading the electro pop.
at this point I can't say anything else I haven't said already..

And Kesha's "shtick"? maybe about rapping over tracks but I am talking about her sound..overall.

TTWE has a dubstep breakdown so that makes 2 singles with dubstep as I said.

I still don't get why I should rethink my approach.You still aren't giving me an exact answer.
And why should I comment on every single thread?? If it is something interesting then yes I will.But I didn't say that people SHOULD comment on everything.I've said that too many people comment stuff that they KNOW will give them upvotes.
I simply want to know why people downvote me at least when I am in a discussion which the reason could be anything.
It will be understandable if (for example) a thread was asking "should britney retire" and I commented "yes".I would know why people would downvote me.It wouldn't be because I didn't write it well or didn't put an emoticon or some ****.

the fact that you dont know what dubstep is 6 years after its a thing says it all tbh. TTWE has none. I had actually posted  in this thread explaining my views.

14 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

the fact that you dont know what dubstep is 6 years after its a thing says it all tbh. TTWE has none. I had actually posted  in this thread explaining my views.

:selenerz:nnnnnn
i was looking at its wiki page and saw that it has a dub-step breakdown..but that was for the remix :orangu: nvm

and okay, u posted in this thread but it isn't something related to the post I've posted (which u downvoted and I wanted an explanation)

anyways at least we can agree that they were playing it safe with FF.

• 3 years later...

They have not lost space, music has become more low budget and the big budget artists cannot spit music out as fast while keeping up the quality they are known for - this is why Billie is emerging and the industry is supporting her - Fineas is a talented producer and will do it cheap since she is his sister.  New formula for music success is to be self-written and cheaply produced.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2020 at 2:15 PM, Lukass1896 said:

Oh... are they really? :gerlwat::xfactorlook::eeek:

Mariah another number 1 with all I want for Christmas is you, a successful residency in vegas

xtina a great residency in Vegas just extended for the end of the year, fantastic tribute at kobes memorial

jlo great Super Bowl performance and hustlers movie.

id day thats pretty good for being in this industry for many years

On 3/5/2020 at 2:25 AM, naturalplayboy said:

Mariah another number 1 with all I want for Christmas is you, a successful residency in vegas

xtina a great residency in Vegas just extended for the end of the year, fantastic tribute at kobes memorial

jlo great Super Bowl performance and hustlers movie.

id day thats pretty good for being in this industry for many years

Ok I know what you are trying to say and don't get me wrong - I LOVE Britney, Christina, Mariah etc. but sadly the "young general public" don't care about one performance or Las Vegas residency... Usually people that are like 15-20 years old are asking "Oh is Britney/Christina still alive?" "Oh they stopped making music in 2011 right?" "Who is Mariah? Oh she is the one from that Christmas song?" - That is the reality sadly :hideous: which is sad and just depressing :wontcry:

On 1/15/2017 at 7:11 AM, Soni said:

anyways on Circus..I guess it didn't chase trends..it's just that..it was kinda happy edm? what Gaga (I think) was doing those days? (not that Blackout didn't set the edm trend tho)

No not really. At least imo. Blackout was more influenced by euro disco, electro pop, and even some funk and R&B (just more electronic if that makes sense). Circus was like a Blackout sequel, just more "light hearted" and had ballads. When I think EDM I think BJ, or stuff like Calvin Harris or Chain Smokers.

EDIT: Omg just realized how old this comment was lol. Sorry :bcutelaugh:

Archived