After listening to BOMT for 18 years....

Electro World

After listening to BOMT for 18 years....  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a late 90's bubblegum pop album (and a debut on top of that) BOMT has a lot of strong material on it. BOMT is a stone cold classic, everyone knows it. Sometimes and (You Drive Me) Crazy (The Stop Remix!) are both classics as well, despite not charting as high as BOMT. Born To Make You Happy SMASHED in Europe, and probably would've been just as big here too. And then there's From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart lmao.

Personally, my favorite is either probably BTMYH or Sometimes, but I also love deeper album cuts like I Will Be There, Deep In My Heart, and Autumn Goodbye.

Don't hate me please but I have never liked BOMT that much, I mean, it's a good 90's song but it's just that, a good song. What made it iconic AF was its music video. Crazy is my favorite song from that album, it's so catchy, so 90's, so bubblegum, and the music video is just flawless.

giphy.gif 

Maybe it's so special to me because that was the 1st time I saw Britney when I was a child, I was like: "what's the name of that sweet and beautiful girl smiling at me on my tv?" :makeitrain:

I just listened to it today to celebrate its anniversary.

Damn. I had no shame.

I was walking down the road while singing along to "Soda Pop" when I went shopping.

It was such a brilliant pop debut. She doesn't get enough credit for it by her fans. It's very mature for such a young artist at that time and she served us bops and vocals alike. 

"Born To Make You Happy" is still part of my favourite Top 5 Britney songs ♡

...BOMT is #1 in history and my heart. 

Though "The Beat Goes On" gets me in the groove instantly from its vinyl record sound effect at the beginning. I think it deserves a closer listen from many fans who have written it off too long ago. It's so funky and subversive and cute simultaneously!

Other standouts with major nostalgia points are Sometimes, Crazy Remix, Soda Pop, and Email My Heart. 

Archived