Best & Worst Acting In A Britney Music Video

IconicShow

Just now, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

didn't make up for it cause make me is the lead single, that is a big deal :plzexplain:

True but I think Vegas is what ruins the album cycle. She needs to release the next album in summer of 2018.

End POM this year and focus on the album and even if she didn't do a tour focus more on T.V. performances and promotions.

Release more singles and have a better game plan for release.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her acting is good in Criminal, IWG, Everytime and womanizer although there wasn't much acting involved in that one.

The ones where her acting isn't at its best are probably Lucky, PG (apparently it was supposed to be bad?), GM(not a very convincing ********), FTBOMBH and maybe OLL

I don't think she was bad in MM, the dancers were way worse and their screams, uhh :byebitch:

47 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

PS kids her acting and Iggy's acting in PG was meant to be bad, because the video is suppose to be like a cheesy 80's movie.........that video gets so much hate because a lot of you simply don't get it tbh.....it's suppose to be cheesy/campy

ikr? :plzexplain:

1 hour ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

PS kids her acting and Iggy's acting in PG was meant to be bad, because the video is suppose to be like a cheesy 80's movie.........that video gets so much hate because a lot of you simply don't get it tbh.....it's suppose to be cheesy/campy

Ikr!

idk how is she supposed to act different in this video :zoomzoom:

It's much easier to act convincingly when you actually have dialogue (e.g., I Wanna Go, Criminal), so I think her most impressive acting is probably in "If U Seek Amy."

She manages to perfectly depict a dark, secretive sexpot:

giphy.gif

A mischevious, playful, tongue-in-cheek core identity: 

giphy.gif

And an outwardly picture-perfect persona, who's nevertheless covertly mocking the understood societal expectations placed upon women:

giphy.gif.cf.gif

The fact that she was able to convey such a multifaceted narrative using nothing but nonverbal communication is pretty impressive, IMO.

5 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I completely agree that the majority of people criticize it because they fail to realize it's a parody. 

However, what ruined the MV for me was not the intentional, over-the-top cheesiness, but that horrifically long product placement scene with the phone. They didn't even attempt to disguise its purpose by rationally fitting it into the narrative in any conceivable way, and the campiness crossed over into pure obnoxiousness (particularly from Iggy and the two other girls) at that point.

Without that scene, I think I'd enjoy the video since I know it's not meant to be taken seriously. 

11 hours ago, IconicShow said:

Let's not forget Oops acting wasn't that great

tumblr_n6vgcomj9J1tr6pz0o1_500.gifpersolaise-you-shouldnt-have-gif.gif

Well it may not be an Emmy-worthy performance, but to be fair, she was intentionally coming across as disingenuous since she was only pretending to be a super sweet girl who cared about the dude. :bwink:

Spoiler: She's not that innocent. :bwink:

5 hours ago, IUSAtonight said:

Her acting is good in Criminal, IWG, Everytime and womanizer although there wasn't much acting involved in that one.

The ones where her acting isn't at its best are probably Lucky, PG (apparently it was supposed to be bad?), GM(not a very convincing ********), FTBOMBH and maybe OLL

I don't think she was bad in MM, the dancers were way worse and their screams, uhh :byebitch:

tumblr_lj1q94yaIz1qzznnqo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

746539_sexy-hot-britney-spears-godney-gi

Gimme More is flawless and you will deal :byebitch:

Archived