Do you think Britney should discuss mental health etc?

britneyausfan

Not about her own problems per se, but just how important it is to seek help etc (like Selena and others have done).

She never really has and I think it could help a lot of people.. but again the allure with Britney is how mysterious she is and that we may never really know the truth regarding certain things.

What do you all think? 

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its something britney would never do

but i think that a sit down with a huge interviewer that asks her about her issues in the past would help her image a lot

im still surprised that there are people who thinks britney is still crazy when she has been the best behaved star for a decade focusing on her kids even more than her career, that was cause her issues were never really publicly adressed and for the average person bad media reaches them more easily than good media, that is why a hugely publicized interview would benefit her

but im not asking her to do it cause i know she wont do it unless she feels comfortable enough to 

3 minutes ago, David. said:

its something britney would never do

but i think that a sit down with a huge interviewer that asks her about her issues in the past would help her image a lot

im still surprised that there are people who thinks britney is still crazy when she has been the best behaved star for a decade focusing on her kids even more than her career, that was cause her issues were never really publicly adressed and for the average person bad media reaches them more easily than good media, that is why a hugely publicized interview would benefit her

but im not asking her to do it cause i know she wont do it unless she feels comfortable enough to 

Yes, I think a lot of people would understand her more if she talked about what was wrong instead of brushing things under the rug and acting like she was perfectly fine. Ppl love transparency from celebs. Being mysterious used to be a good thing but in the social media age ppl (especially young fans) want to feel like they know everything about their faves. But it's totally her decision to not disclose and I respect that

she's not entitled to tell us anything about her personal life. but i do think if she did talk about whatever happened in 2007 (supposed bipolar disorder), it would be beneficial to her. assuming it is true, people would understand her more and not mock her personal struggles. if she stays under the conservatorship it's not gonna happen tho. 

i kind of wish she would, but honestly, that's part of the respecting mental health issues: some ppl may not want to address it. It's nice when ppl are part of the dialogue but for whatever reason she chooses not to and that's okay. 

The only thing that intrigues me is if she would be more open about her experiences and her advice for ppl struggling with anxiety, divorce, motherhood, or even just being in the public eye....if she were not under cship. 

We don't truly know if she is being censored, or just super private. I'm guessing both. The media already misconstrued everything she said and did and used it against her once......why trust them not to mistake her words and intentions now regarding heavy topics that carry a lot of weight and backlash. 

I wish she would because there arent enough positive figures or inspirational representations of mental health in the general world.

I mean, look at how far Britney has come. If she came out and shared her story about overcoming her illness, she would actually be a living, breathing example of a mentally ill person who acheived/maintained success and lives a life that many think is unattainable for people with mental illness.

If she came out about her illness it would inspire/show so many people who suffer from mental health problems that a quality life is not only attainable, but that their wildest dreams can still come true just like anyone else in the world.

From an artist perspective, I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE if her twenth anniversary was endcapped with the story of her journey coming full circle and dropping her most personal and artistic project ala Lemonade. A visual masterpiece ahowcasing the contrast of the dark and the light fighting each through her unique story of living with mental illness, and essentially conquering it/finding peace and happiness. This would not only inspire fellow mental health sufferers to try and live the life that they want, it would also promote advocacy against mental health discrimination as a global superstar would be bringing a loud voice to it through a beautiful lense that allows for empathy and education. 

12 minutes ago, Army1 said:

I wish she would because there arent enough positive figures or inspirational representations of mental health in the general public.

I mean, look at how far Britney has come. If she came out and shared her story about overcoming her illness, she would actually be a living, breathing example of a mentally ill person who is successful and lives a life that many think is unattainable for people with mental illness.

If she came out about her illness it would inspire/show so many people who suffer from mental health problems that a quality life is not only attainable, but that their wildest dreams can still come true just like anyone else in the world.

From an artist perspective, I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE if her twenth anniversary was endcapped with the story of her journey coming full circle and dropping her most personal and artistic project ala Lemonade. A visual masterpiece ahowcasing the contrast of the dark and the light fighting each through her unique story of living with mental illness, and essentially conquering it/coping/managing it. This would not only inspire fellow mental health sufferers to try and live the life that they want, it would also promote advocacy against mental health discrimination as a global superstar would bringing a loud voice to it through a beautiful and artistic platform

this is actually a great idea

I wish she spoke up about things like that but we do not know how much freedom she has re:cship. Also the media destroyed her last te she tried speaking her mind which was one of the factors that led to her breakdown. I think that she is also afraid of speaking out on many things due to that.

She could... but Britney was never really into exposing herself on her lyrics - even before the breakdown. These days I read a 2003 interview and I was shocked to read this:

When you were working on the songs on this album, did you write much about what happened to you this past year?
Honestly? No. I just think once you start being so self-serving with your music ... I did a little bit of that with my last record, and I really didn't want to put myself out there that much.

Do you think writing about your life is self-serving? A lot of musicians write about personal things.

I understand what you're saying. But when everything is about you, I just think... Like, on this record, some of the songs, like "Brave New Girl," I can relate to that song, but it's how personal you go. This record is definitely personal to me, but it's not shockingly personal — put it that way.

I know she wrote 'Everytime' and 'Someday' and they are very personal... but I think that as far as she gets when it comes to song writing. 'Mood Ring' is a song that talks about mood swings, though... she could talk about it subtly. :ponderney:

If she ever wants to do it then sure, usually people with mental health issues who have the power to help others with the same issues feel very good about themselves and much happier, however if she doesnt wanna talk about it then it means she feels more comfortable that way and thats all that matters.

Plus, I dont think she has any mental issues anymore, she definitely had some from 2007-2013 (less and less every year) but I think its all gone now judging by her relaxed behaviour :mhm: 

Archived