If I'm Dancing REALLY WILL SAVE GLORY!

Guest StrawberryKisses

Guest StrawberryKisses

Okay, maybe an exaggeration.

But it's the most lighthearted song on the album and it's really just fun. Britney has always been fun.

I can imagine the clip now... Britney dancing with people from different cultures... dancing on the street in Times Square... dancing with Monks in a temple in the 'Chakra' breakdown.

I'll be really sad and disappointed if Team B does not release this as a single. Make Me / Slumber Party were more serious musically... y'all know what I mean? Like the lyrics were about ***... not light-hearted enough for families to dance with during their kids Birthday party :giggleney: Maybe I'm just missing the lighthearted bops of the FF era :giggleney:

It really wanna makes people dance! And her voice REALLY compliments the track. Like you can't imagine Selena Gomez or Beyonce doing that track? Britney is LIGHTHEARTED POP.  TEAM B, DON'T SLEEP ON THIS!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest StrawberryKisses
Just now, sibode said:

If I'm Dancing REALLY WOULD HAVE SAVED GLORY! :queenriri:

It's not too late

Glory: Whole Edition

With new remix tracks such as Man on the Moon Ft Hilary Duff

and Hard To Forget Ya ft Mandy Moore

:giggleney:

Yeah, it's obvious that Britney's most likely never going to have another huge single (commercially) ever again, so it'd be cool if she started releasing more experimental songs to show her artistic side. I LOVE If I'm Dancing as well, and think it'd be interesting to see how she'd interpret it in a performance and a music video.

24 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

If I'm Dancing and Clumsy are the only two songs from the album that I didn't like at the first listen. Now I love IID but I can't see the European market jumping on this song at all. It would be a success in Brazil and some other latin countries, that's it.

Lowkey, I feel like she should have Clumsy or like Liar as a single, the GP usually prefers our least favorite songs :moorangu:

1 hour ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Yeah, it's obvious that Britney's most likely never going to have another huge single (commercially) ever again, so it'd be cool if she started releasing more experimental songs to show her artistic side. I LOVE If I'm Dancing as well, and think it'd be interesting to see how she'd interpret it in a performance and a music video.

idk about that.  She's still young and has a lot to offer, and the fact that 'Make Me' did okay on iTunes & Spotify even with a garbage video shows that people do still care about her (to an extent).  With the right song, another huge single isn't totally out of reach.  At the very least I think she could get another Top 10 before she's shipped off to Bubbling Under forever.   If older artists like Madonna, Mariah, Cher, J.Lo, etc., could have hits after people wrote them off, there's no reason Britney can't, especially since she hasn't gotten to the point where she's seen as hopelessly uncool or like she's trying too hard to be down with the kids (hi, Madonna! :saycheese:).  She really ****** up with BJ and 'Pretty Girls', but Glory is a big step in the right direction.  

44 minutes ago, DirtyMind said:

idk about that.  She's still young and has a lot to offer, and the fact that 'Make Me' did okay on iTunes & Spotify even with a garbage video shows that people do still care about her (to an extent).  With the right song, another big single isn't totally out of reach.  At the very least I think she could get another Top 10 before she's shipped off to Bubbling Under forever.   If older women like Madonna, Mariah, Cher, J.Lo, etc., could prove people wrong and have hits after they were written off, there's no reason Britney can't, especially since she hasn't gotten to the point where she's seen as hopelessly uncool or like she's trying too hard to be down with the kids (hi, Madonna! :saycheese:).  She really ****** up with BJ and 'Pretty Girls', but Glory is a big step in the right direction.  

Lol 35 is not young as a pop star. Most (female) pop artists are lucky if they can make it to Britney's age and still be half as relevant as she is. And considering the chances of us getting a third Glory single is slim to none because of Slumber Party flopping, she's probably going to wait another 2/3 years to release another album. Unless she decides to do something for her 20 year anniversary, she's going to be 40 by the time she releases B10. And by then I highly doubt she'll ever be able to pull off a solo hit single.

IMO, if Britney really wants to see success again, she's going to have to do a complete reinvention. I'm happy that Britney still feels **** at her age and is comfortable enough in her sexuality to sing songs about ***, but it's kind of tired at this point and it's reflected in the GPs lack of interest in Britney's career at the moment. She needs to show people she's more than just some ditzy pop star. I mean, she has an almost 20 year old career and she had one of, if not the most public breakdown of all time. I'm sure she has more to say than "Do you wanna *** over and make me ooh, baby <3"

I do, however, agree that Glory was a HUGE step in the right direction. After the disaster that BJ was, I never thought we'd get an album like Glory from Britney again. Now that's she's releasing quality music I really hope she finds the inspiration to improve the quality of her lyrics as well.

3 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Lol 35 is not young as a pop star. Most (female) pop artists are lucky if they can make it to Britney's age and still be half as relevant as she is. And considering the chances of us getting a third Glory single is slim to none because of Slumber Party flopping, she's probably going to wait another 2/3 years to release another album. Unless she decides to do something for her 20 year anniversary, she's going to be 40 by the time she releases B10. And by then I highly doubt she'll ever be able to pull off a solo hit single.

IMO, if Britney really wants to see success again, she's going to have to do a complete reinvention. I happy that Britney still feels **** at her age and is comfortable enough in her sexuality to sing *** songs, but it's kind of tired at this point and it's reflected in the GPs lack of interest in Britney's career at this point. She needs to show people she's more than just some ditzy pop star. I mean, she has an almost 20 year old career and she had one of, if not the most public breakdown of all time. I'm sure she has more to say than "Do you wanna *** over and make me ooh, baby <3"

I do, however, agree that Glory was a HUGE step in the right direction. After the disaster that BJ was, I never thought we'd get an album like Glory from Britney again. Now that's she's releasing quality music again, I really hope she finds the inspiration to improve the quality of her lyrics as well.

I agree with most of this. :) She should try to reinvent herself somehow, because this "dancing, lip-syncing Barbie" thing that they've been pushing forever doesn't seem to be working anymore.  When Selena Gomez is out there singing & dancing and you won't even sing one ballad live... You and the people around you should know something needs to change.  That **** ain't right. :donewithit: And yeah, you're correct that 35 isn't young for a pop star - especially a female pop star - but Britney looks incredible, is making great music again, and is still a big name despite all of the dumb decisions she & her team have made in the last decade, so I'm not ruling out the idea of more commercial success in the future.  Madonna was still getting hits well into her 40s, Mariah had her comeback at age 35, J.Lo had a huge single at 41, Janet was still slaying in her mid-to-late 30s, and Gwen & Fergie (both of whom ended up having several big hits) didn't even become solo artists until they were already around Britney's age now.  So, while it might be a long shot, it's not impossible. :saycheese:

Archived