Watched Crossroads with a friend tonight...

DirtyMind

...and she was surprised by how "intense" it is.  Sounds dumb at first, but think about it: ****, teen pregnancy, a miscarriage, losing your virginity, and parental abandonment are all main plot points. :ohnoney: That **** is heavy considering how young Britney's audience was at the time. :idkney: ~Edgy~ queen.  

PS- She deserved a ******* Oscar for that bathroom scene.  She killed it.  I tear up every time I watch it. :otears:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, I saw reviews where it was mentioned that it has too many heavy topics for Britney Spears movie like they didn't know if they wanted to do typical pop star movie or something mature for teens and it came out as a mess

:ponderney:

I personally think it's kinda true they should have focused on Britney story (it's her movie ffs) or do something mature not this overused plot about little girl who wanted to be star and now she is...

I read in the biography that Britney was originally supposed to make Dirty Dancing 2.0 but they scrapped this project for some reasons

16 minutes ago, tsss said:

yes, I saw reviews where it was mentioned that it has too many heavy topics for Britney Spears movie like they didn't know if they wanted to do typical pop star movie or something mature for teens and it came out as a mess

:ponderney:

I personally think it's kinda true they should have focused on Britney story (it's her movie ffs) or do something mature not this overused plot about little girl who wanted to be star and now she is...

I read in the biography that Britney was originally supposed to make Dirty Dancing 2.0 but they scrapped this project for some reasons

She was considered for Ariel in a Little Mermaid live action movie but it didn't work out.

http://www.onanddown.com/2002/04/01/disney-spears-little-mermaid/

• Super Mods

Yeah I was surprised at the content of the movie, like you would have thought The characters would have a disney kinda ending especially with Brit's character but I'm glad she didn't go that route and wanted to portray real life situations and things lots of teens go through. 

The only thing I hated was the whole being a singer thing, it felt so forced because she really was one and was an excuse to feature her songs and star power. Felt very Coyote Ugly level of cringe worthiness.

I love that movie! I like the fact that she did something that people didn't expect from her! Considering that her audience was very young, everyone probably expected her to do a cheesy movie, but she shocked everyone and I think that's what makes her so interesting (at least in her prime) and the legend that she is

3 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

The only thing I hated was the whole being a singer thing, it felt so forced because she really was one and was an excuse to feature her songs and star power. Felt very Coyote Ugly level of cringe worthiness.

I actually didn't mind that.  I mean, there was no way Britney Spears was going to star in a movie and not sing.  It had to happen, and I think they did a decent job of working it into the plot.   I like that Lucy's lyrics came from her diary...that was a cute touch.  And 'INAG, NYAW' in general was really fitting, especially when she performs it at the end.  Plus we got some live vocals for 'INAG' and different vocals for 'ILRnR'.  I can't be mad about that. :verycool: 

8 hours ago, DirtyMind said:

...and she was surprised by how "intense" it is.  Sounds dumb at first, but think about it: ****, teen pregnancy, miscarriage, losing your virginity, and parental abandonment are all main plot points. :ohnoney: That **** is heavy considering how young Britney's audience was at the time. :idkney: ~Edgy~ queen.  

PS- She deserved a ******* Oscar for that bathroom scene.  She killed it.  I tear up every time I watch it. :otears:

The bathroom scene is iconic :otears:

it's a shame that she doesn't consider herself to be a decent actress these days. I'd love to see her in a rom com, something Katherine Heigl/Reese Witherspoon-esque. She'd slay that type of role.

Ah it's been some time from the last time I watched and I should watch it soon!

Yes there were many issues in the movie but they kept it positive and light! You don't feel 'exhausted' watching it :ehno:

I so love the finding yourself while going in a trip kinda movies and they did it amazing!

May Britney do another movie in the future, everything she doing has a vibe around it and I like it :bigtime:

24 minutes ago, The Dream said:

May Britney do another movie in the future

Crossroads 2: Cross Harder. :)

35 minutes ago, confidentnotcocky said:

Everyone I know that has actually seen it loves it.

I think a lot of people just assumed it would be **** because it was Britney's movie and didn't even watch it or give it a chance.  It isn't nearly as bad as the ******* critics made it out to be.  

Archived