Stans from 2000, how much was the world slayed when she released Oops?

Dirty Boy

4 minutes ago, Barajas said:

I DIDN´T KNOW ABOUT 1 IN TOP 100 OF THE DECADE!.. omg!!!

Yeah it was. The bad part is that it was the only video from her that made the list :icant2: I mean, from Oops to 3, she had dozens of videos that could've made the top, but at least she was #1. :mhm: I remember watching it and at some point I was like, ****, they really snubbed Britney. I was even scared that they would put Piece of Me instead, for winning video of the year :embarrassney: Because they used to play it a lot too. Thank God they chose the best one.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, joe sp said:

the song was played EVERYWHERE, it is classic, iconic Britney to this day ( no matter if Britney doesn´t  know what the song´s about :quirkney:)

btw is it true that her hair got ruined in the set of the music video and that´s why she ended up wearing the wig? :idkney:

The camera fell on top of her head, that's what I know. I've never connected it to the wig, but I always thought it was just because her real hair was too short at the time.

2012ney :embarrassney:

Also, I gotta mention in this thread, that Oops became my favorite song (it used to be Crazy) and till this day is still my favorite song ever :crying1:

1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

Yeah it was. The bad part is that it was the only video from her that made the list :icant2: I mean, from Oops to 3, she had dozens of videos that could've made the top, but at least she was #1. :mhm: I remember watching it and at some point I was like, ****, they really snubbed Britney. I was even scared that they would put Piece of Me instead, for winning video of the year :embarrassney: Because they used to play it a lot too. Thank God they chose the best one.

Omg.. well what I remember is that Crazy had a huge impact (many weeks at 1) as well as Lucky. 

For sometimes and BOMT I don´t know cause I didn´t saw it. Good to know she took the 1 from the whole decade :cooltshirt:

14 minutes ago, Barajas said:

I was 12... IT WAS HUGE.. I remember that like for two months I literally listened it every day on the radio, in MTV, and of course I used to play it all volume high in my newly bought cd player... :prettyney:

The impact was so good in my city, that girls from many school danced to it in festivals... IT WAS HER MOMENT! :yeaok:

xl-pg31_front.jpg 

I got this CD player and my OIDIA album the same day. It had anti-shock protection so I could do the dance moves while listening without skipping the track  :otears:

1 minute ago, Chico101 said:

xl-pg31_front.jpg 

I got this CD player and my OIDIA album the same day. It had anti-shock protection so I could do the dance moves while listening without skipping the track  :otears:

hahaha I had one similar, I think from Sony. I remeber I didn´t know a word of English at the time.. and google transalator didn´t exist.. so there was me asking to my english professor about the lyrics and trying to translate the booklet with my dictionary hahahaha..  WORD BY WORD... :giggleney:

Just recently got to know the full lyrics of the last tracks in the Album, like Cant make you love me and others. 

I was in 7th grade...  I was sitting outside on my front porch coloring or some **** with my boom box on.. heard it come on the radio and freaked because I had no idea she already had a new single coming out! I recorded as much as I could and replayed over and over obviously. But I don't remember how the GP reacted.

6 hours ago, joe sp said:

btw is it true that her hair got ruined in the set of the music video and that´s why she ended up wearing the wig? :idkney:

I've heard that she wanted to go blonde so she asked her hair dresser to bleach her hair right before a photoshoot and her hair turned orange. :britdrown: She also didn't get permission from Larry and it was a big big mess. She was forced to dye it back to dark. Huge pop stars like her can't mess with their appearance and have to get permission to do everything. Even Rihanna was forced to get a long weave when she cut hers short at first. It was during the Umbrella era I think and she wasn't even that important then. 

On the oops set though the camera fell on her head and she had to get stitches. Two different stories. I also don't think that had anything to do with her hair. Honesty, I don't even think it was a wig since wigs looked so unnatural back then. It looks like a crap ton of hair extentions but I might be wrong. It's just when she has worn wigs in the past, you can always tell but the oops hait looks somewhat natural. :mhm:

I was 6 years old and it's like I have no memories.  But even tho I didn't know her I knew Oops and I was obsessed with it.

In a reality for singers one of them sang Oops and I went 'crazy' cause that was the song that I loved! Next week I forced my parents to buy the cd from the live show of the show just to hear Oops again :blaughing:

I was at secondary school and I was watching a music channel to make a list for a compilation CD that an Internet Cafe could prepare (gosh I'm too old). Then Oops! came out and I freaked out! The song itself, her vocals, the dancing and her beauty blew my mind off and I becamse a true stan, trying to find her posters and buying all those magazines, which were a lot, that had anything to do with Britney. I remember seeing a magazine booth across the street and recognizing Britney on the covers even though I had never seen those pictures and I had very very bad eyesight:otears: 

11 hours ago, comiir85 said:

I've been a Stan since my friend gave me the BOMT cd for my bday which was almost 18 years ago (crazy) I remember when Oops came out. It was such an exciting time. I remember listeneing to the radio all the time so I could hear it. I also remember pre-ordering the oops cd from Sam goody. 

Yes!! I remember going to Sam Goody specifically to buy Oops, aww

12 hours ago, Streets said:

It was really a rare moment in pop history where the world was absolutely enamored with a single, an album as an entity, and the pop star herself.

It was pure mania. And Oops!... was the moment Britney was truly a star. She was no longer a one hit wonder. Although Sometimes and Crazy were massive hits after BOMT, a lot of people expected Britney to be a flash in the pan.

There hasn't been anyone except Adele to have anything close to Britney's Oops! moment.

This sums it up perfectly. :clap: Except I would say that even Adele hasn't come close to the level of mania and hysteria that surrounded Britney when 'Oops!' came out.  That **** was insane.   Like, it's hard to even look back and comprehend just how huge she was at that time.

17 minutes ago, DirtyMind said:

This sums it up perfectly. :clap: Except I would say that even Adele hasn't come close to the level of mania and hysteria that surrounded Britney when 'Oops!' came out.  That **** was insane.   Like, it's hard to even look back and comprehend just how huge she was at that time.

you dont see adele in all items in the mall tho like notebooks, cups/mugs, literally every magazine, posters, commercials/ads. Britney was HUUUUUUUGE back then. 

I was 13 then... it was HUGE, she was EVERYWHERE:slayney: I saved up so i could buy the album and waited by the radio and tv so i could record the song and video before i bought it. I replayed that damn video over and over and over again so i could learn those moves and i still can do them in my sleep :unbelievableney: and remember back then it was not the easiest thing to rewind those damn VHS tapes, lol.  :giggleney:

I begged my mom and dad about going to the Oops tour when it came to Stockholm but they said no because they didnt had the money :brityeah: :meltdown:

Guest StrawberryKisses

She was the biggest. She was on MTV all the time. ALL the girl / pop magazines covered her. She was at all the kid's birthday parties.

I still think 2001 was a bigger year for her though. Justin, Crossroads and Britney (the album). Slave was HUGE.

No one could beat 2000-2001 Britney. No one.

Archived