Stans from 2000, how much was the world slayed when she released Oops?

Dirty Boy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

I was 8 when she released it. When I was young, I was OBSESSED with the video, especially when she is in that white outfit just laying, I was in love with her, so beautiful

THE VIDEO :otears:

MTV Latin America played it to death, literally every hour on the hour

I was there for every second of it.

And the choreography....I forced my cousins to recreate that video a million times.

You have to remember that it was so different back then. There was no social media, no inside info. It was literally just waiting for announcements on TRL, the song on the radio, etc. It was exciting and awesome! But it was a different impact since there was no forum to discuss. 

Different times. I miss themmmmmmmmm

:brityes:

39 minutes ago, breaktheiceofmrv said:

Taylor+Bieber+Selena+Miley+Even today's big star Beyonce combined wouldn't be 1 Britney Spears in 2000 :tehe:

I mean everybody knew who she is,just like Madonna and Michael Jackson..

We were waiting in front of stores to get Oops,her posters,anything you can imagine.

I love remembering those days.Makes me wanna enjoy my age :yaknow:

Well said :staysalty:

Remember they used to say the world was gonna end in 2000? Well, it actually did, but the slayage was so big that everything was created again in a so much nicer world where Britney ruled everything, thanks to that song :hipney:

No, seriously, it was big. BOMT was huge, and probably overall it was bigger in sales and such, but Oops was like the confirmation that Britney wasn't gonna leave anytime soon. She showed she could evolve, and transcend. But it's hard to judge the song along. The video was the most important thing. Here in Latin America it won the MTV's Top 100 of 2000 and later in 2009, it was #1 as well on the Top 100 of the whole decade.

14 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Remember they used to say the world was gonna end in 2000? Well, it actually did, but the slayage was so big that everything was created again in a so much nicer world where Britney ruled everything, thanks to that song :hipney:

No, seriously, it was big. BOMT was huge, and probably overall it was bigger in sales and such, but Oops was like the confirmation that Britney wasn't gonna leave anytime soon. She showed she could evolve, and transcend. But it's hard to judge the song along. The video was the most important thing. Here in Latin America it won the MTV's Top 100 of 2000 and later in 2009, it was #1 as well on the Top 100 of the whole decade.

yassss I mentioned it earlier too that MTV LA played OIDIA non-stop. It was literally always on...I miss those days :otears:

I sat through that whole Top 100 of 2000 just to see OIDIA 

I was 12... IT WAS HUGE.. I remember that like for two months I literally listened it every day on the radio, in MTV, and of course I used to play it all volume high in my newly bought cd player... :prettyney:

The impact was so good in my city, that girls from many school danced to it in festivals... IT WAS HER MOMENT! :yeaok:

25 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I DIDN´T KNOW ABOUT 1 IN TOP 100 OF THE DECADE!.. omg!!!

Archived