Stans from 2000, how much was the world slayed when she released Oops?

Dirty Boy

I mean the lead single.

I remember hearing the song for the first time and being so ****** mind blown that I liked a pop song so much. I didn't care about music at all at the time.

Were the wigs snatched left and right? It's such a powerful "I'm not a one hit wonder" song It makes me wanna cry :meltdown:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, s0dap0p said:

I'm from the Philippines and it was such a HUGE hit hereΒ :hairflip:Β It was literally all over pop radio and novelty TV shows.

Plus BOMT was certified 10x Platinum hereΒ :giggleney:

i think it was certified 14x, oops was certified 10x if my memory serves me right.

Β 

Β 

8 minutes ago, Chico101 said:

We were all shookΒ 

:letitburn:

then she dropped the video

:scalped:

If it was the digital era she would have debuted at #1

:gobaby:

Everyone, I mean everyone knows that song by the heart. Or at least the chorus.

The only song that had an impact like this last decade was Wrecking Ball I think? Everyone knows Wrecking Ball.

It was really a rare moment in pop history where the world was absolutely enamored with a single, an album as an entity, and the pop star herself.

It was pure mania. And Oops!... was the moment Britney was truly aΒ star. She was no longer a one hit wonder. Although Sometimes and Crazy were massive hits after BOMT, a lot of people expected Britney to be a flash in the pan.

There hasn't been anyone except Adele to have anything close to Britney's Oops! moment.

I've been a Stan since my friend gave me the BOMT cd for my bday which was almost 18 years ago (crazy) I remember when Oops came out. It was such an exciting time. I remember listeneing to the radio all the time so I could hear it. I also remember pre-ordering the oops cd from Sam goody.Β 

Archived