Britney's Non-Max Martin Hits

Chico101

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Chico101 said:

Toxic bigger than BOMT? It's not even bigger than OIDIA.

Talk to me when Toxic hits #1.

A #1 peak does not equal a bigger hit. Toxic is still being played on the biggest Top 40 pop radio stations to this day. It gets the biggest reactions whenever she performs it live. Look at the BBMA performance and the iHeart performance from this year.

1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

A #1 peak does not equal a bigger hit. Toxic is still being played on the biggest Top 40 pop radio stations to this day. It gets the biggest reactions whenever she performs it live. Look at the BBMA performance and the iHeart performance from this year.

But reactions are subjective...

Chart positions don't lie...

Sales don't lie...

1. BOMT

2. OIDIA

3. Toxic

:staysalty:

3 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

I also don't get why so many people here always want her and him to work together. He's not the only good producer and the fact he produces songs for her and other artists on the radio makes him over exposed and any work they make won't be original because I'm sure he's gonna apply the same formula to Arianna Grande or the next pop tart. And who are you to call them generic when Britney is in the same category as them? The only difference is that she was first before them. Also her relationship with Max is she comes in the studio and basically is told what to do compared to her working with other producers, why you think she tried hard to avoid working with him? Cyndi Lauper even said that he tried to make her sing every word one at a time like he did with Britney but she wasn't having it. 

Honestly you guys just want the success and see her on the top charts, it has nothing to do with Max or their collaboration because with his songs, you can literally insert anyone and it'll still be a hit. 

I don't always want them to work together by any means; in fact, my favorite album is Blackout and I also really love her new direction with Glory, both of which are obviously sans Max Martin. I absolutely love that Britney experiments with different producers and songwriters. But just speaking for myself, having become a fan in 1998, I primarily grew up listening to Britney and BSB and thus genuinely love the kind of pop music he creates, no matter if it charts unsuccessfully (e.g., "Overprotected"), or even if it's not released as a single at all (e.g. "I Will Be There," "Cinderella," "Where Are You Now," "Inside Out.")  

I also am not aware that Britney dislikes working with him by any means; if she did, I certainly wouldn't be hoping for them to continue working together. But that doesn't seem to be the case given the following statement she made regarding FF: "Max played a huge role on this album and he has been there since the beginning so there is such a huge level of trust. He gets exactly what I am saying when I tell him what I want and don’t want musically.  His melodies are incredible and he is always coming up with weird sounds, which I love. The whistle on "I Wanna Go" still gets me every time I hear it. Who would have thought of that? There is nobody I feel more comfortable collaborating with in the studio." 

And I agree, it's not my place to call anyone else generic, that was poorly stated. What I simply meant was that a song can only be as good as the artist, and IMO, Britney has that something special vocally and is unique in both how she both interprets and makes a song her own that turns potentially basic, (albeit catchy) pop songs into something interesting and unmistakably "Britney." Personally, I can't picture anyone but Britney on many of Martin's songs such as "If U Seek Amy" or even "3," both of which she managed to add a playful, and even somewhat innocent, vibe to despite the highly ****** connotations and/or lyrical content. I really cannot think of any other female pop singers who could deliver those songs in a fun and **** way without crossing the line into trashy.

We can absolutely agree to disagree regarding Martin, but I just wanted to clarify that not everyone who's a fan of his is only thinking about chart performance.

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

I don't always want them to work together by any means; in fact, my favorite album is Blackout and I also really love her new direction with Glory, both of which are obviously sans Max Martin. I absolutely love that Britney experiments with different producers and songwriters. But just speaking for myself, having become a fan in 1998, I primarily grew up listening to Britney and BSB and thus genuinely love the kind of pop music he creates, no matter if it charts unsuccessfully (e.g., "Overprotected"), or even if it's not released as a single at all (e.g. "I Will Be There," "Cinderella," "Where Are You Now," "Inside Out.")  

I also am not aware that Britney dislikes working with him by any means; if she did, I certainly wouldn't be hoping for them to continue working together. But that doesn't seem to be the case given the following statement she made regarding FF: "Max played a huge role on this album and he has been there since the beginning so there is such a huge level of trust. He gets exactly what I am saying when I tell him what I want and don’t want musically.  His melodies are incredible and he is always coming up with weird sounds, which I love. The whistle on "I Wanna Go" still gets me every time I hear it. Who would have thought of that? There is nobody I feel more comfortable collaborating with in the studio." 

And I agree, it's not my place to call anyone else generic, that was poorly stated. What I simply meant was that a song can only be as good as the artist, and IMO, Britney has that something special vocally and is unique in both how she both interprets and makes a song her own that turns potentially basic, (albeit catchy) pop songs into something interesting and unmistakably "Britney." Personally, I can't picture anyone but Britney on many of Martin's songs such as "If U Seek Amy" or even "3," both of which she managed to add a playful, and even somewhat innocent, vibe to despite the highly ****** connotations and/or lyrical content. I really cannot think of any other female pop singers who could deliver those songs in a fun and **** way without crossing the line into trashy.

We can absolutely agree to disagree regarding Martin, but I just wanted to clarify that not everyone who's a fan of his is only thinking about chart performance.

I too have been a fan since day one but I know when something is tired and done. You say you love the music he creates but its not like he still makes the same kind of music he made 10 years ago and lately its been pretty generic. He even stated in an interview that he mostly uses the same instruments or beats in a lot of his songs mainly out of laziness. 

I respect your opinion and I'm not trying to change your mind but some of your responses sounds blindly bias and overly exaggerating. "3" is a generic song, her voice is roboticized most of the time and her falsetto any girl can sing that. I mean how can any girl make this song trashy? Britney moans in it, you can't be innocent and playful when you do that. Katy Perry does the exact same thing. Britney is no different. Her voice is unique from every other girl but how can you say its playful and innocent when she's practically singing through her nose? Are you talking about I wanna go ? Because thats the only time she sounds very innocent and playful with the "shame on me" The only song I really can't see anyone else covering is If you seek amy but thats because it was written with her in mind and in the same style as her old hits with him. 

Max was the executive producer of FF so like thats kinda of a "duh" thing when she said he had a huge role on this album because he really did, thats part of his job, it wasnt like he was the unsung hero that no one knew about. Britney never bad mouths about people so of course she would say only good things but the true fans would know she dislikes that album and the fact she avoided him for ITZ and Blackout and even with the Britney album she really didnt wanna bring him on when his songs were only gonna be for the Crossroads soundtrack and the Britney album was gonna be called Shock your mind and to have an rnb style. That says a lot than that one snippet you pull up. Actions speak louder than words and if she enjoys working with him so much she would be like Katy Perry and have him on all her records but she doesn't. She doesnt even hang out with him outside of the studio like she does with other producers. For both of them, its just business. She's known him for a long time so of course she would feel comfortable just like if they brought back Eric Foster or Rami, she would say the same. 

I don't hate Max and he is good at what he does and I enjoy a lot of his songs he does for other artists like Ariana Grande but the many times hes worked with her, he doesn't deliver anything new for her, the lyrics are juvenile and Britney basically always sings in the same nasal sing song voice in his songs. Shes in her mid thirties and I really don't want to hear her singing on childish innuendo songs that makes the youngsters giggle when they catch on to the cleverly disguised lyrics or her like some blow up *** doll with a voice function. That's basically all you get from him and doesn't look like its changing seeing as how their most recent collaboration is her singing through a fan and more ***. 

6 hours ago, Chico101 said:

But reactions are subjective...

Chart positions don't lie...

Sales don't lie...

1. BOMT

2. OIDIA

3. Toxic

:staysalty:

Oops charted at the exact same position as Toxic and Billboard literally said that had digital sales counted in 2004 Toxic would have been a #1 because it was one of the top selling singles that year! 

Sorry but Toxic is the better song out of the 3 and I would rather see Bloodshy come back than Max as well........Bloodshy is way more creative and using Max for the millionth time is gonna look desperate not to mention I think he's starting to lose his touch! 

1 hour ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Oops charted at the exact same position as Toxic and Billboard literally said that had digital sales counted in 2004 Toxic would have been a #1 because it was one of the top selling singles that year! 

Sorry but Toxic is the better song out of the 3 and I would rather see Bloodshy come back than Max as well........Bloodshy is way more creative and using Max for the millionth time is gonna look desperate not to mention I think he's starting to lose his touch! 

1. "had digital sales counted" - that is speculation, and not fact.

2. "Toxic is the better song out of the 3" - that is your opinion, not fact.

Please bring receipts that are based on FACTS and not speculation or opinion.

We're trying to have an objective argument here.

3 hours ago, Chico101 said:

1. "had digital sales counted" - that is speculation, and not fact.

2. "Toxic is the better song out of the 3" - that is your opinion, not fact.

Please bring receipts that are based on FACTS and not speculation or opinion.

We're trying to have an objective argument here.

Billboard was basing their statement on the FACT that Toxic was one of the top selling tracks of 2004. So it's amazing sales plus it's amazing reception on radio would've resulted in a #1 had sales started to count that year! 

34 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Also I'm sorry but at this point in her career I'm more concerned with artistic development not hits honestly! I don't need her to use someone she's used about a million times to make something radio friendly! I'm looking for her to try new things and do stuff that's less generic/mainstream! 

Without hits her record label are going to invest less and less in her....leading to lower quality music, music videos, production budgets and ultimately no more albums.

I hope you all enjoy this slow descent into obscurity all for the sake of "artistic development".

Be careful what you wish for.

• Super Mods
18 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I agree with everything you said and all the songs that B&A did with Britney are very unique and interesting and more complex compared to the simple sounds of Max Martin and this is coming from a guy who loves simplicity. 

Archived