Cool Slumber Party radio update (it's #1 on Rate the Music too)

Lou M. Taylor

37 minutes ago, f_rhythm said:

So when this top 40 moment ends on the next weekend the song will get back to geting negative updates? Or on monday? So this updates are like an illusion :mhm:

Not necessarily... if the song keeps having a strong week leading into next weekend it may make it's official debut on the AT40 countdown...I mean its been the top 30 of mediabase for a month...cmon already Ryan Seacrest! 

Does anyone know how the top forty for AT40 is compiled?  Their website says mediabase buuuttt what else? SP is top 30 on mediabase but nowhere to be found on their countdown?  

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Army1 said:

Not necessarily... if the song keeps having a strong week leading into next weekend it may make it's official debut on the AT40 countdown...I mean its been the top 30 of mediabase for a month already...cmon already Ryan Seacrest! 

Does anyone know how the top forty for AT40 is compiled?  Their website says media base buuuttt what else? SP is top 30 on mediabase but nowhere to be found on their countdown?  

Mediabase but AT40 is several weeks late. They're always 3-4 weeks behind.

Spoiler

You know, it's nice that the song is not dying yet, but looking at the other pop updates of today, you can clearly see it's not supported very much at all. It will never grow and die soon if they don't promote it, discount it or try to revive its streaming. It doesn't seem like they'll do anything for the song and it makes me sick because of all these efforts will go to waste. All this time waiting, tracking and requesting. I have strong feelings they have given up on the song. I feel so sick.  :juggingu:

4 minutes ago, button said:

Mediabase but AT40 is several weeks late. They're always 3-4 weeks behind. 

You know what else is a shame? Radio programmers dont seem to be paying attention to the fact that even with hundreds less spins than the artists directly positioned above her, she still has a million plus more in AI for her spin counts...shouldn't that be indiciative to them that the GP like it and arent turning the dial when it comes on...like it seems they are doing when Million Reasons or Flume comes on...

Also, @button we need the discount to help sell the track to make it repeak on the Hot 100, but Ive noticed that radio pays dust to some songs even if they are doing well on itunes...When Million Reasons was discounted, had tons of promo performances and was sitting in the top 10 on itunes for a couple of weeks radio didnt budge on it. SP was crushing it everyday in the updates. After the discount went away and the song sat in the 40's or 50's on itunes for a couple weeks then it started playing it

??????????

Same thing with Make Me after the vmas...set in the top 3 of itunes for like a week...no budge at radio...ugghhh

1 minute ago, Army1 said:

Also, @button we need the discount to help sell the track to make it repeak on the Hot 100, but Ive noticed that radio pays dust to some songs even if they are doing well on itunes...When Million Reasons was discounted, had tons of promo performances and was sitting in the top 10 on itunes for a couple of weeks radio didnt budge on it. SP was crushing it everyday in the updates. After the discount went away and the song sat in the 40's or 50's on itunes for a couple weeks then it started playing it

??????????

Same thing with Make Me after the vmas...set in the top 3 of itunes for like a week...no budge at radio...ugghhh

Gaga promoted during the freeze, that's why the song didn't benefit much from iTunes. Gaga's song is way more likely to take off than SP now.

No idea why radio didn't pick up Make Me after the VMA. That was such a **** move.

Although iTunes is less relevant nowadays, it's still important, many stations are finding the song's lack of success as an excuse to not play it. Spotify is hard to manipulate but they could help the song on iTunes with just a discount. Some songs end up becoming hits just because of continuous discounts (Starving).

I'm so sick of her team and label. Her bed picture with Sam triggered me hard. :juggingu:

12 minutes ago, button said:

Gaga promoted during the freeze, that's why the song didn't benefit much from iTunes. Gaga's song is way more likely to take off than SP now.

No idea why radio didn't pick up Make Me after the VMA. That was such a **** move.

Although iTunes is less relevant nowadays, it's still important, many stations are finding the song's lack of success as an excuse to not play it. Spotify is hard to manipulate but they could help the song on iTunes with just a discount. Some songs end up becoming hits just because of continuous discounts (Starving).

I'm so sick of her team and label. Her bed picture with Sam triggered me hard. :juggingu:

If you look at it more positively I guess you can say its SP promo because media outlets will pick up the pic to report on it, and like most other Sam related stories, they include a link to the music video in the article. 

I honestly feel Sam is her teams way of marketing without spending money since I couldnt see Jamie letting a vain 22 year old who has been known to mooch off of pop stars get this close to her at this point in her life

5 minutes ago, Army1 said:

If you look at it more positively I guess you can say its SP promo because media outlets will pick up the pic to report on it, and like most other Sam related stories they include a link to the music video in the article. 

I honestly feel Sam is her teams way of marketing without spending money since I couldnt see Jamie letting a vain 22 year old who has been known to mooch off of pop stars get this close to her at this point in her life

I mean maybe Britney actually likes him and he likes her too and doesn't want to date someone  her daddy has to approve of as a 35 yr old woman. Why are you guys so obsessed w her love life? :squintney:

Britney isn't taylor swift and dates for promo

10 minutes ago, Army1 said:

If that's the case then they're truly the most delusional promotion team in the world.

If they want to help SP then they need to book a ******* stage, not have her post pictures with the model. :weirdmeout:

I don't think her bed pictures are her team's idea at all but some of the pap pictures seem set up. :mhm:

1 hour ago, Army1 said:

If you look at it more positively I guess you can say its SP promo because media outlets will pick up the pic to report on it, and like most other Sam related stories, they include a link to the music video in the article. 

***** are you implying that britney's sleeping with him for SP promo? bc they clearly are having ***. :xcuseme:

Archived