This could have been an amazing cover fot Glory!

larac

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any pic would have been better tbh.  I'm tired of close-ups as well... ever album since Femme Fatale has been close-ups and look similiar.

1 hour ago, DirtyMind said:

I actually like the cover we got. :idkney::ehidk: Anyway, a different cover wouldn't have made a difference.  The album's sales would still be ****.  

Not true... album covers can attract or turn people away just like book covers do.  If they used a professionally shot version of the same picture instead of a screenshot + maybe used a better font where you can read it better... then I'm sure it would have sold at least a bit more.  But when looking at the cover compared to others in Spotfiy or iTunes, it looks tragic... and for such a flawless album, it deserves way better.  It's unfortunate the original photos weren't allowed to be used, especially since we know they were hot based on the 'Make Me' single cover.

51 minutes ago, jennyj said:

Not true... album covers can attract or turn people away just like book covers do.  

I think that's bullshit, tbh.  Any person who isn't normally inclined to purchase a Britney Spears album isn't suddenly going to do so just because it has a cool cover.  Like, Frat Bro Johnny wouldn't have bought Glory even if it had a different cover. :nyschool: Basic and/or ugly covers like Beyoncé, Dangerous Woman, This Is Acting, The Pinkprint, Mind of Mine, Purpose, etc., didn't stop people from getting those albums. :beynah:

15 minutes ago, DirtyMind said:

I think that's bullshit, tbh.  Any person who isn't normally inclined to purchase a Britney Spears album isn't suddenly going to do so just because it has a cool cover.  Like, Frat Bro Johnny wouldn't have bought Glory even if it had a different cover. :nyschool: Basic and/or ugly covers like Beyoncé, Dangerous Woman, This Is Acting, The Pinkprint, Mind of Mine, Purpose, etc., didn't stop people from getting those albums. :beynah:

I disagree. If Britney had chosen a sexier cover for Glory it would have sold more. That's just the way society is, *** sells. Do you think PCD by the Pussycat Dolls would have gone platinum if the cover was just a closeup of the girls' faces? No, a huge chunk of sales were because that cover (and the group as a whole) oozed *** appeal. Covers do matter.

3 hours ago, DirtyMind said:

I think the cover does matter. Just look at the Make Me... audio on VEVO. It has over 25M views. No other audio on BritneySpearsVEVO has that much views. So I really think it's the picture what attracted/attracts the viewers.

Archived