Britney: I Hope We Can Do Some Touring!

Jordan Miller

• Leader
britney-spears-touring-2017.jpg

You can take the performer out of touring, but you can't take the touring out of the performer.

The princess of pop has stayed put in Las Vegas for just over three years now, performing hundreds of Piece Of Me shows inside the Axis Theater in Planet Hollywood, but the itch to travel the world has gotten the best of the Glory singer.

Nearly a year ago, Brit told the Las Vegas Sun she was open to taking Piece Of Me on the road, saying: "I love doing my show in one place, plus it’s been great because I can have my boys out with me a lot of the time. But, sometimes I do get that itch to travel and tour again. It’s in my blood."

After refreshing her show, Britney tested those waters. She performed at the Apple Music Festival in London, as well as reduced sets for the iHeartRadio Music Festival and several radio fests scattered throughout the country.

It appears those shows were prepping the Queen's confidence to take it on the road.

SCANS: Britney Spears in Think Magazine

In a new interview with Think Magazine, Britney admits she's down for a traveling tour. “I hope we can do some touring! It’ll be fun to see my fans from overseas who haven’t been able to make it out to Las Vegas,” she said.

And from what I'm told via a source connected to the show, it is an idea that's being thrown around internally. Specifically, how to transfer and translate the magic of the Vegas show across the globe.

Think mag also offers several other tidbits from Britney:

“I’ve been very hands-on with everything I’ve done since I had my children,” she said, "and it’s just really important for me to understand the big picture. Where everybody’s coming from from, what’s the real purpose of this shoot and this song, or whatever it is in that moment that I’m doing."

“Never doubt yourself,” she continues. “Never change who you are. Don’t care what people think and just go for it.”

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, hibiscus.berry.TEA said:

:omgreallyney:

It would be awesome, but what if it's just one of her ideas she likes to play with and then put away again?

Who knows, maybe B10 will get a tour? :surprisedney:

Who knows but still nice to hear she is at least THINKING about it right??? :carpoolney:

3 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

Not really comparable though is it :sassybrit:

I guess. But he was crazy perfectionist when it comes to dancing. Britney is not the same, but my point is that she doesn't need to change it up every couple of months. The show is meant to be seen by people in Vegas (visitors, tourists). If she does POM WW it would be meant to be seen for the first time from fans worldwide. People are tired of it, because they've watched every single YT or Insta video they found. :reductive:

58 minutes ago, BritneyIsPurePerfection said:

So it's official. 2017 will be all about Vegas, just like last 3 years. :embarrassney:

Untitled_1.jpg

No, it's not official. Nor was it when the lightening- production company got it all wrong and stated on their website that she had extended the contract with Planet Hollywood to 2019. Which wasnt true but already sent her fanbase into a huge meltdown. 

I still don't think she'll be in Vegas for that long this year. 

Archived