I'll never forgive Britney

ThisMeowBiteback

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Pretty much this. There's a reason Mood Ring is a bonus track, and that's because it's an unfinished song. Most of the ad libs in the song are not Britney.

I do like Mood Ring. The lyrical content is beautiful, Britney's voice sounds the best it ever has since at least 2008 on it, and the production is fierce. Idk why Britney wouldn't have finished it. Perhaps she just didn't like it? Idk but it has no place on an album filled with songs that are produced to the 9s, so to speak.

Wasn't it said that MR was one of her absolute favorites to sing and one of her faves on the album though? The non-Britney adlibs are the only thing I don't like about the song. No idea why it's not her if she loved the song so much!

3 hours ago, agirlnamedlucky said:

Wasn't it said that MR was one of her absolute favorites to sing and one of her faves on the album though? The non-Britney adlibs are the only thing I don't like about the song. No idea why it's not her if she loved the song so much!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Melanie Fontana (one of the song's writers) who said that! I know it may seem kind of stupid, but the non-Britney adlibs REALLY bother me. I'm sure for the average listener they'd think it was Britney, but to me it's so obvious it's not her and it annoys me :orangu: And plus, Mood Ring is so flawlessly produced, the fact that the vocals aren't solely Britney really ruins the song for me.

Honestly, we know how lazy Britney can be sometimes, so it's possible she just didn't feel like going back into the studio to finish the vocals. Or maybe she didn't vibe with DJ Mustard too well. Idk I guess we'll never know. It's a shame tho! Mood Ring is a really great track, but it could've been amazing had Britney done her own adlibs on it.

Archived