Songs that sold the most since 2013 (According to Kworb)

Artsy Fartsy

Position - Song - Total Sales - Sales in 2016

#280 - Work ***** - 870,000 - 10,000

#692 - Make Me... - 360,000 - 360,000

#779 - Pretty Girls - 310,000 - ?

#1006 - Perfume - 230,000 - ?

http://kworb.net/cc/ustotals.html

Make Me... was also the #43 most sold song by a female in 2016, ahead of songs like Million Reasons (290k), Love On The Brain (310k) and Perfect Illusion (220k) but below flop songs like Confident (370k) and Try Everything (490k)

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Diamond Horse
6 minutes ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

tumblr_m80c9kNScC1r4jl5ao1_400.gif

I still like Britney tons more, but I think that Confident is quite cool. Even though, I must confess I couldn't listen to Confident every day, however, I like the vibe of the song and it stands out for me.

This.

Technically speaking, Make Me... sold pretty well,

It was just shot in the foot by the team strategy. If that original video had happened and she'd debuted the song at the vmas and it was released that night with the video - it would have been a top 10 for sure. Then if she did the Make Me promotions after on the smaller shows she'd have scored much bigger but I think Make Me was very promising.

I hope they understand that it wasn't that the song was wrong - because the song is and was perfect. They just needed to create a bigger initial impact rather than the messy scattered approach they had to promotion.

22 minutes ago, AdamSkye said:

This.

Technically speaking, Make Me... sold pretty well,

It was just shot in the foot by the team strategy. If that original video had happened and she'd debuted the song at the vmas and it was released that night with the video - it would have been a top 10 for sure. Then if she did the Make Me promotions after on the smaller shows she'd have scored much bigger but I think Make Me was very promising.

I hope they understand that it wasn't that the song was wrong - because the song is and was perfect. They just needed to create a bigger initial impact rather than the messy scattered approach they had to promotion.

Yeah MM was very much a success, even charting at 17 isn't bad considering Britney is an older artist that's been around forever and didn't promote the song at all! The big problem was her team didn't build enough hype, if they were going to surprise release it they needed to drop the video with the single. I personally think that they should've officially announced it because that imo would've created a ton of buzz for it! 

1 hour ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Yeah MM was very much a success, even charting at 17 isn't bad considering Britney is an older artist that's been around forever and didn't promote the song at all! The big problem was her team didn't build enough hype, if they were going to surprise release it they needed to drop the video with the single. I personally think that they should've officially announced it because that imo would've created a ton of buzz for it! 

oprah-is-not-buying-it.gif

4 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Labels always inflate numbers. It's better to verify from 3rd party sources.

I'd really like to see the receipts for this 990k figue. I literally posted a Billboard article with updated sales of 967k as of July.

When did it get to 990k? Some people I swear.. living in their own delusions  :hahayea:

Archived