Britney originally recorded this song which went onto become a number one hit for 2(!) K-Pop groups

https://www.theguardian.com/media/organgrinder/2011/apr/20/k-pop-south-korea-music-market

The song Top Billing Love – written by Karen Poole, Bloodshy and Avant, responsible for hits for artists like Kylie and Britney – almost made it onto a Britney Spears album in 2002. SME did a deal with mobile phone manufacturer LG and its biggest girl groups, Girls' Generation and FX, did a version each of the song, calling it Chocolate Love, since LG were launching a new brown phone.

The song is really catchy!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

So it's an ITZ outtake. It's called Chocolate Love?

The English version was called Top Billing Love - they changed the name to Chocolate Love because the new LG phones the song was helping promote were brown :giggleney:

1 hour ago, danny1994 said:

Well Britney released 3 the same month and It was an even bigger hit :gloss:

Chocolate Love is way better than 3

20 minutes ago, mmmpatti said:

Sounds like "Sweet Dreams My L.A. EX" by Rachel Stevens... which I think the songs was originally ment for Britney and was about JT?

And which "Sweet Dreams..." is also produced by Bloodshy & Avant.

The lyrics of the song, written by Cathy Dennis, were inspired by Justin Timberlake's "Cry Me a River", which is believed to be aimed at Britney Spears, his ex-girlfriend. The lyrics are a message to the famous ex-lover who has talked about the relationship and break-up in public, with the person in the song now taking the time to deliver their side of the story.

"Find somebody else to talk about
If I were in your shoes
I'd worry of the effects
You've had your say but now its my turn"

The person in the song wishes their ex "sweet dreams", but accuses them of using the break-up to further themselves. Originally the song was written by Dennis for Britney Spears, who turned it down due to its subject matter. A few months later, Dennis still had not found someone to perform the song and offered it to Stevens, whom she had worked with when Stevens was a member of S Club 7. At the time Stevens had just begun work on her début solo album and thought the song, which did not sound like anything out at the time, would make a good first single. Stevens said of the song in an interview, "The writers really got my personality and the direction I want to go in," she said. "The first single is a great example – the first time I heard it I knew it’s what I wanted."

Brit Brit should have recorded this...

Archived