GLORY IS A FLOP , tea, more opinion, more reality, YOU SHOULD READ

2 minutes ago, TomM0RE said:

She is still young. She slayed embarassing moves when she was 18, she could do it now. She doesn't always perform in the proper mood but we should accept that and it is ok that she is not like her backup dancers.

fans compare primeney's dancing skills and 2016ney's. The gp do not.

the gp just see one thing: she does not sing. We need to accept that A big part of the gp don't consider britney an artist. 

It is not true that primeney dancing skills would change that.

there are no succesfull singers today that use 100% playback.

Britney was the only one that lipsynced back then in her prime too, so that argument is irrelevant.

Christina, P!nk, Avril, Jessica and Destiny's Child all sang live.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Britney was the only one that lipsynced back then in her prime too, so that argument is irrelevant.

Those artists sang most of the time yes! Playback was very very common though and also michael jackson and madonna used it big time.

All the major tv performances in the 90s were in playback, it was very common!  Also rock groups back in the 80s did that!

britney lipped on top of the pops, but the majority of the singers used playback too in that program! Today there is no tv program like that! 

The problem anyway is not how many people lipped back in the day, but that today no one uses playback like she does.

i mean i agree Glory was a flop in terms of sales, but it was a step in the right direction after the release of BJ. i do agree that she isn't a respected artist. imo, i think B10 should be less dance songs and more mature songs that she can perform live. she needs to train her vocals and rehearse her choreography but the problem is that she sees her career as a job. the least she can do it prerecord vocals. and i know this has been said a million and one times but larry and her entire team needs to go. glory could of easily gone number 1 if she had released it the week after

3 hours ago, Mayenaise said:

I think the problem is Britney needs a massive amount of input from other people I.e the choreographers. She doesn't know what good choreo is so the choreographers are relying on what level they think Britney is at as a dancer. This is based off her recent past works i.e FF,WB etc. She needs a choreographer who can see her potential and push her. Although we all know Britney doesn't like to be told the damn truth e.g the WB guys who told her to go lower and then they disappeared from the face of the earth :byebitch:

:moorangu::gloria::gloria::gloria:

That's true.. they disappear like... after this vid! :queenie:

I think it's going to take a lot to get the gp interested in Britney again. Really not sure it's even possible anymore. I just know from people I know that I've asked about why they either don't like Britney or use to be a fan but no longer care they all say pretty much the same thing......that she is more "camp" now than what they would call a serious artist to be respected. I don't see them ever changing their minds.  I'll always love her though but I kind of see their point.

Agree with you!

At least with a few performance with live vocals she would gain the respect of the GP again. And let's be honest... She CAN do that with Glory's songs. They are not hard to sing while doing her boring arm choreographies, She used to sing with the backtrack a lot of songs until TOHT, why not now? She's lazy...

And about the choreos... I'm not even asking something like the ones she used to do back in the 00's, but c'mon... I can't even watch a 3 min live video because it's awful and boring. And I've been a stan for years. I can't imagine the GP lol She needs something more fun, more elaborated. Not the "I will fake that I have a pole because I'm to lazy to create a new one" type of choreographies. :ehno: :eheeek:

I wan't her old attitude back before it's too late :ehum:

2 hours ago, Godney_radarhorse said:

Tienes toda la razón... a mi me da mucha lástima porque está flopeando a lo grande! Y a mi ya me cuesta mucho defenderla cuando se meten con ella porque ni canta, ni baila ni nada... ayer vi un video en youtube sobre como Myah Marie cantaba en BJ y me dio vergüenza ajena... Britney canta como 20 segundos por canción... se está pasando mucho relajándose y Yo pienso que Glory era su última oportunidad para recuperar lo que había perdido... pero no lo ha promocionado como debía y ahora tenemos otro flop... Hace 4 años nos reíamos de Xtina y ahora estamos más o menos igual que sus fans... nos lo merecemos... :meltdown:

Bueno a mi particularmente me parece desastroso todo lo que hace ahora, malas elecciones de las canciones, antes deciamos bueno ya no baila pero trae algo novedoso se escuchaba en las discos en la radio pero ahora ni eso  las coreografias son vergonzosas , ella no se rsfuerza por ensayar, no entiendo porq apostarle a lo experimental ella ya tiene un estatus y su fama se hizo con canciones bailables sonidos fuertes coreografias muy elaboradas pero ahora nada . Y en parte nosotros tenemos la culpa por tragarnos todo lo que ella sacaba. 

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

that is simply not true. times have changed and lipsyncing everything always is absolutely unacceptable by almost almost anyone's standards.

britney's team needs to understand it. it's even more crucial for her bc of some controversies regarding her vocals in the past few years (myah marie, "alien" leak, basically her lipping since 2004 etc). no one cares if others lip bc they also sing live here and there.

8 minutes ago, Jayney said:

Bueno a mi particularmente me parece desastroso todo lo que hace ahora, malas elecciones de las canciones, antes deciamos bueno ya no baila pero trae algo novedoso se escuchaba en las discos en la radio pero ahora ni eso  las coreografias son vergonzosas , ella no se rsfuerza por ensayar, no entiendo porq apostarle a lo experimental ella ya tiene un estatus y su fama se hizo con canciones bailables sonidos fuertes coreografias muy elaboradas pero ahora nada . Y en parte nosotros tenemos la culpa por tragarnos todo lo que ella sacaba. 

Es que ya es hasta preocupante, yo puedo entender que no baile como antes, incluso Beyonce en su ultimo tour no ha bailado como antes hacia, la edad hace mucho, pero si le pusieran coreos mas resultonas, y cantase live las baladas, y los singles fueran tipo TTWE, Womanizer, o Toxic, ella podría conseguir un top 5 facilmente.

No tienen porque ser coreos tipo slave o tipo toxic, pueden ser tipo circus , que se vean bien en ella o tipo If you seek amy, era muy sencilla pero lo bordaba, ahora las coreos es brazo brazo cabeza anda, brazo . Encima la mayoria de las veces se le olvidan los pasos, por no hablar que hasta haciendo playback la he visto equivocndose.

Yo veo realmente dificil que vuelve a tener un 1# y menos si renueva la residencia, que tiene pinta de que minimo un año más se queda allí.

14 minutes ago, justkeepdoingit said:

that is simply not true. times have changed and lipsyncing everything always is absolutely unacceptable by almost almost anyone's standard.

britney's team needs to understand it. it's even more crucial for her bc of some controversies regarding her vocals in the past few years (myah marie, "alien" leak, basically her lipping since 2004 etc). no one cares if others lip bc they also sing live here and there.

She is never going to sing live. This fanbase needs to accept that reality. It's MUCH easier for her to get the anchors out of her pants and start dancing better than to take vocal lessons and have her voice crack live on stage.

3 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Beyonce was also performing since 1998 (not as a solo act but she was still out there) and she's pushing 1M first week.

If she keeps at it and Britney keeps declining eventually she's going to reach Britney's numbers.

Beyonce might reach Britney's numbers in about 30 years. And that's including destiny's child. 

43 minutes ago, MsJumpingJackFlash said:

I think it's going to take a lot to get the gp interested in Britney again. Really not sure it's even possible anymore. I just know from people I know that I've asked about why they either don't like Britney or use to be a fan but no longer care they all say pretty much the same thing......that she is more "camp" now than what they would call a serious artist to be respected. I don't see them ever changing their minds.  I'll always love her though but I kind of see their point.

And they probably think of Katy Perry or Miley Cyrus as a serious "artist". :byebitch:

They'll kiss her *** when she passes away,  I'm sure. 

4 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The ***** is averaging a 1M debut with her past two albums. Remember when we laughed at Xtina for flopping and look where we are now. :queenriri:

I don't dislike Beyonce, but there will be a backlash against her eventually. It happens with every successful celebrity. :staysalty:

Archived