GLORY IS A FLOP , tea, more opinion, more reality, YOU SHOULD READ

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SpainwithBrit said:

MM was 17 and Katy was 13, she was 1 in itunes 1 hour more or less.

S&S , here in Spain this song was huge but if you ask to the people they dont know that Britney Spears sings in this song, sad but reality.

In my country the only part the people always said is: Britney *****. Even the radios said Britney Ft Will.i.am:queenriri: and was massive.

im sorry were you actually expecting glory to be some massive successful album? Clearly Britney isn't here for the scrutiny that comes along with being what everyone calls "relevant" Shes had all the success in the world, and doesn't feel like she needs to prove herself anymore. I honestly didn't read this whole thing, but in the end it takes more than just having a good album or a good single/ video. IF she wants to have a successful era she needs to reinvent herself and throw herself into her career again. The most important thing IMO is to just have a cohesive vision and have a product that actually looks like some thought and effort was put into it. Anyways I think we should all know by now that we're not going to be happy with everything in an era :cigney:I'm still a fan of Britney because I love her as a person and shes been a huge part of my life. If you're here expecting Britney to make some miraculous comeback at any minute you'll probably be disappointed. 

3 minutes ago, icona said:

im sorry were you actually expecting glory to be some massive successful album? Clearly Britney isn't here for the scrutiny that comes along with being what everyone calls "relevant" Shes had all the success in the world, and doesn't feel like she needs to prove herself anymore. I honestly didn't read this whole thing, but in the end it takes more than just having a good album or a good single/ video. IF she wants to have a successful era she needs to reinvent herself and throw herself into her career again. The most important thing IMO is to just have a cohesive vision and have a product that actually looks like some thought and effort was put into it. Anyways I think we should all know by now that we're not going to be happy with everything in an era :cigney:I'm still a fan of Britney because I love her as a person and shes been a huge part of my life. If you're here expecting Britney to make some miraculous comeback at any minute you'll probably be disappointed. 

I couldn't sum it up any better.

6 minutes ago, TomM0RE said:

The choreographies are not bad at all. Wb, gm, bom, tomh, bti are the best we have had since the breakdown!!!

She dances better than the 90% of other popstars.

the only problem with britney is the singing. 2016 is not 1998. Singers are supposed to sing now.

She looks awkward doing them. The moves aren't "her". Britney used to have a unique style that involved a lot of core and hip movement.

Now it's all hair flips, wild arms and that "airing the fart" move.

She needs someone that understands how her body moves, this is why Andre worked so well with her (may he RIP).

21 minutes ago, RussianFan said:

In this album sales climate it doesn't even feel like Glory is a flop album. Today even 500k WW is considered a successful album. So 322k is just ok for someone who is still performing since 1998. 

Beyonce was also performing since 1998 (not as a solo act but she was still out there) and she's pushing 1M first week.

If she keeps at it and Britney keeps declining eventually she's going to reach Britney's numbers.

2 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

She looks awkward doing them. The moves aren't "her". Britney used to have a unique style that involved a lot of core and hip movement.

Now it's all hair flips, wild arms and that "airing the fart" move.

She needs someone that understands how her body moves, this is why Andre worked so well with her (may he RIP).

I think she looks awkward because she makes awkward faces and she is not into the performance. The backup dancers are always 100% into the choreographies and they don't look awkward.

primeney slayed all kind of choreographies and let's not forget that the original oops choreography was WAY more embarassing than current stronger.

we should stop blame the choreographers. Dancers slay all kind of moves!

anyway I think her dancing skills are fine right now for being a singer. The problem is that she should sing live.

the dancing is not enough today to be an affirmed singer.

she needs:

- live singing

- controversy

- involvement in important things (political issues, women support...)

3 minutes ago, TomM0RE said:

I think she looks awkward because she makes awkward faces and she is not into the performance. The backup dancers are always 100% into the choreographies and they don't look awkward.

primeney slayed all kind of choreographies and let's not forget that the original oops choreography was WAY more embarassing than current stronger.

we should stop blame the choreographers. Dancers slay all kind of moves!

anyway I think her dancing skills are fine right now for being a singer. The problem is that she should sing live.

the dancing is not enough today to be an affirmed singer.

she needs:

- live singing

- controversy

- involvement in important things (political issues, women support...)

Sweetie she was 18 years old doing that Oops! choreo. It worked for the age group. Obviously her doing it now would be tragic.

The VMA and DWAD choreo were entirely different however. And that's what I'm talking about when I say Britney had a unique style of performing.

The dancers look good doing it because they're fully trained and don't have anxiety up there counting their steps like Britney does fearing she'll mess up and lose her place.

She needs a natural style of choreo that will allow her to move her body accordingly without having to execute every count specifically.

She will never sing live.

Her team doesn't want to give her anymore controversy.

She has no interest in whoring herself out like Stolé.

The main reason people find Britney boring now is because they don't see Primeney anymore. She has to change up the performance style. That will be the ticket to getting back on top. One killer dance break.

2 hours ago, SpainwithBrit said:

Britney will flop until she retires.

In part I think she wanted that her records to fail so she could have excuses and leave the her career and dedicate herself to being a normal person.

Britney has already entered a loop that for the GP is not interesting neither her life, nor her music, nor anything.

If she pulls out B10, the first single will be back in the top 15, and her next singles will not even enter the top 50.

To the GP the only thing that would interestn is that Britney does a VMA 2001 performance, dancing that way, or a live performance on the grammys (and she will not sing live ever again)

The GP has been waiting for their comeback since 2008, with Circus did not give what they expected, with FF Britney was much worse, with BJ .... well .... with Glory was already forgotten for the GP.

It's not normal for singers like Beyonce to get a record and in the first week sell 500,000 copies, and Britney is not able to sell 500,000 in 5 months. The last two Beyonce records were records taken by surprise, and still sold. And not only is Beyonce, Rihanna or Justin Timberlake or any artist, Britney's problem is that she IS NOT AN RESPECTED ARTIST.

Britney is no longer interesting for the GP, and not all the fault of her team, Glory has not failed because they deleted a video, Glory has not failed because it is a bad record (as was BJ) Glory has failed because if you ask To the GP, they answer that she is finished, that she no longer dances like before and that she only does playback.

Let's be honest, it's not that she does not dance as before, (which is understandable because she has 3 knee operations), the problem dance is the choreography, are BAD, and here it is not the choreographers fault, IT HAS BRITNEY, because she is the one that asks for that kind of choreography, her last decent choreography was Circus, in TTWE she did not give it all, and WB is not bad either, but there's also a lot of pose.

It's okay that she does not want to or can not dance like in 2003, but she could ask for another kind of choreographies, less walking and less arms, for example DYWCO IS A MESS, when she was acting in festivals pretending she has a bar.... Could not invent new steps? Is it difficult to learn a choreography for 2 minutes of song? No, it is not. But Britney has decided she does not want to give 100% that with 50% is enough. And for the GP is not enough.

Britney was loved for her catchy songs and for her impossible choreography, now she does not have one or the other.

It's sad but it's the reality, and all her FANS, her true FANS, we should be happy that she makes records and give us some video from time to time. **** the charts!!, let's pray by 10 years Britney will continue in the industry, although I doubt it.

:truthtea:

Tienes toda la razón... a mi me da mucha lástima porque está flopeando a lo grande! Y a mi ya me cuesta mucho defenderla cuando se meten con ella porque ni canta, ni baila ni nada... ayer vi un video en youtube sobre como Myah Marie cantaba en BJ y me dio vergüenza ajena... Britney canta como 20 segundos por canción... se está pasando mucho relajándose y Yo pienso que Glory era su última oportunidad para recuperar lo que había perdido... pero no lo ha promocionado como debía y ahora tenemos otro flop... Hace 4 años nos reíamos de Xtina y ahora estamos más o menos igual que sus fans... nos lo merecemos... :meltdown:

50 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Sweetie she was 18 years old doing that Oops! choreo. It worked for the age group. Obviously her doing it now would be tragic.

The VMA and DWAD choreo were entirely different however. And that's what I'm talking about when I say Britney had a unique style of performing.

The dancers look good doing it because they're fully trained and don't have anxiety up there counting their steps like Britney does fearing she'll mess up and lose her place.

She needs a natural style of choreo that will allow her to move her body accordingly without having to execute every count specifically.

She will never sing live.

Her team doesn't want to give her anymore controversy.

She has no interest in whoring herself out like Stolé.

The main reason people find Britney boring now is because they don't see Primeney anymore. She has to change up the performance style. That will be the ticket to getting back on top. One killer dance break.

She is still young. She slayed embarassing moves when she was 18, she could do it now. She doesn't always perform in the proper mood but we should accept that and it is ok that she is not like her backup dancers.

fans compare primeney's dancing skills and 2016ney's. The gp do not.

the gp just see one thing: she does not sing. We need to accept that A big part of the gp don't consider britney an artist. 

It is not true that primeney dancing skills would change that.

there are no succesfull singers today that use 100% playback. If she really wants to be succesful again among the gp she should act more involved into her music and she should sing live.

Archived