What should RCA do for Blackouts 10th anniversary next year?

onyx09

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its true she didn't do anything for major releases anniversaries such as BOMT or OIDIA, but those albums already sold a lot and are not among Britney's favorites, plus I don't see there was that much more they could do with them as most of the extra- songs already made their way as bonus tracks and on re-remastered versions on itunes.

"Blackout" on the other hand is Britney's most legendary and critically appreciated effort as a whole, so it has a legacy which means a re-release would draw interest for sure, plus its not a big seller and has plenty of unreleased songs. I really hope they do something special for its 10th anniversary. 

10 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

There are explicit edits of Get Naked and Hot As Ice already. I have both.

If her team was smart, they would capitalize and release an EP with some previously unreleased tracks.

The world needs to hear gems like State of Grace and Kiss Me All Over.

There's only one real explicit version which leaked this year, the other one is fanmade (not sure which one what).

As much as I would love a rerelease of some kind, I would honestly settle for Britney posting a reflection on the album/that time in her life either on Twitter/her website or through a spoken video. 10 years will have passed not only for the album but also some of the darkest days of her life. I would love to hear her thoughts about that and the mindframe she was in when creating the album and selecting the songs and the whole creative process while going through what she was going through in her personal life. She doesn't have to get in depth, but it would warm my heart to know what she was thinking at that time and how she reflects on it all now, 10 years later.

Archived