This Breakdown Is So Underrated.

OCBoy1985

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

I'm going to be completely honest and say this choreography doesn't impress me that much. The Circus Tour's production was incredible, and the problem it presented was that performances and choreography had to be constantly moving and the focal points had to change, because it was in the round, and the audience was surrounding the stage, making standard choreography redundant because the audience in one spot.

Between the Circus music video and the mannequin rehearsal, we saw that Britney could move with ease, and had attitude. That's a given.

But this choreography is lacking, its over simplified for what we knew Britney could do, its not dynamic and doesn't fit the dancers or Britney (because they all look so bored/sloppy). Toxic was a cute performance that had Britney move all over the stage.

Although she doesn't have that same swagger now, the dance breaks are more dynamic, and add to the performances, as opposed to slow them down like this did (and when she kills them, she destroys them).  

If anything, the BOMT break is underrated, but Toxic is somewhat overrated.

I agree about the staging!

That's the reason why I didn't go to see the show because I felt like no matter what seat I had ... I was hardly gonna see much with that big *** stage and she had to move around the whole stage 

Circus Tour was her best production hands down with one of her best Set lists!

I also find a lot of the POM performances boring specially Toxic omg so boring and dull 

14 hours ago, OCBoy1985 said:

I agree about the staging!

That's the reason why I didn't go to see the show because I felt like no matter what seat I had ... I was hardly gonna see much with that big *** stage and she had to move around the whole stage 

Circus Tour was her best production hands down with one of her best Set lists!

I also find a lot of the POM performances boring specially Toxic omg so boring and dull 

Its all about staging with a Britney performance tbh. Her older performances used to utilize the stage right, even if they had super simple choreography. Even Boys from the Circus Tour worked because it moved.  The problem with POM is, apart from choreography that was stale from the get go, awkward and stationary stages that constantly has Britney standing in the middle, no levels or diops or changes. Toxic is incredibly dull, but what made the BBMA choreography/staging so dynamic was it moved (even for a short amount of time)

Circus tour was incredible because all the stages (main, and two b stages) had something going on at all times.

On 30/12/2016 at 10:37 PM, OCBoy1985 said:

She didn't do anything tho LOL

I never compared it to POM in the 1st place 

LOL

im not gonna hunt down fan videos all over youtube for you from a day where she nailed it

look it up yourself

im just posting my receipt

the lights and dancers choreo alone would slay on dvd

1 hour ago, Nando. said:

LOL

im not gonna hunt down fan videos all over youtube for you from a day where she nailed it

look it up yourself

im just posting my receipt

the lights and dancers choreo alone would slay on dvd

I like you that's something I would have said lol

On 12/31/2016 at 10:37 AM, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Its all about staging with a Britney performance tbh. Her older performances used to utilize the stage right, even if they had super simple choreography. Even Boys from the Circus Tour worked because it moved.  The problem with POM is, apart from choreography that was stale from the get go, awkward and stationary stages that constantly has Britney standing in the middle, no levels or diops or changes. Toxic is incredibly dull, but what made the BBMA choreography/staging so dynamic was it moved (even for a short amount of time)

Circus tour was incredible because all the stages (main, and two b stages) had something going on at all times.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

It's funny U say that cause the VMAs performance she stayed in one place and didn't work half the stage!

It really is besides the BBMA'S I haven't enjoyed a performance of Toxic since who knows I guess Circus Tour!

I just wish Britney start taking her craft more serious her videos performances dance moves is what made her a legend and next era she needs to bring it in those areas and maybe sing live a few times too!

BTW I love Boys from Circus 

20 hours ago, OCBoy1985 said:

I couldn't have said it better myself.

It's funny U say that cause the VMAs performance she stayed in one place and didn't work half the stage!

It really is besides the BBMA'S I haven't enjoyed a performance of Toxic since who knows I guess Circus Tour!

I just wish Britney start taking her craft more serious her videos performances dance moves is what made her a legend and next era she needs to bring it in those areas and maybe sing live a few times too!

BTW I love Boys from Circus 

She needs a new creative team....a new team in general. 

That section of the Circus tour killed me every time tbh Boys/Sound Off/If U Seek Amy. 'Nuff said.

8 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

She needs a new creative team....a new team in general. 

That section of the Circus tour killed me every time tbh Boys/Sound Off/If U Seek Amy. 'Nuff said.

Yesssssssss CT had some highlights now!  I liked Ooh Ooh Baby and HAI performances & TOMH and Get Naked was pretty good too!

She needed a new team since BJ'S tbh. .. it's time she let Larry go!

All artists normally fire they 1st manager after 10/20 Yrs and I think Larry has run his course. 

Archived