One of the things that hurts me the most about Britney's career is ..

Dinirocal

9 minutes ago, Arnold. said:

'Britney' could have reached bigger potential if she didn't receive backlash for her time in Mexico. If she made Lonely which was a huge fan favorite into a single. 

She also got a lot of backlash for ignoring fans on the crossroads London premiere. But at the point she was pretty much done. I mean, her parents did break up and so she and JT and she had to continue working, filming videos, doing shows, awards shows, premiers, etc. JT had the chance to be on a break from NSYNC, to write his own stuff and to be out of the Spotlight a lil bit. Some months after the break up when Britney had the chance to do the same after the mexico fiasco, she said shed take a 6 months break but then she started partying and working on ITZ right after.

People were also kinda fed up with all Britney domination for 4 years in a row non stop and all the JT drama just was the final thing. And of course, she got some backlash at the time for the slave video and there was the thing radios didnt support her songs at the time. But yeah, lonely should have been a single. The same goes for WILTBM.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you but I also desagree in a few things:

1. During ITZ it was Britney the one who was tired of everything and messed up the era. And when she started the relationship with Kevin she didn't care about being a brand anymore... And the knee injury was the perfect excuse for her. So yes, she wasted it. 

2. Circus... I didn't mind that she had to release Radar as a single to avoid a lawsuit or whatever. The problem was the promo, if they knew it was going to be the final single, I think they should have done a much better promotion (Or at least release a good video)... But I don't think they messed up the era. And IMO the only problem with TSC is the lack of new songs. 3 is perfect but it wasn't enough... They should have included AT LEAST 3 new songs.

3. I loved perfume as a single but they ****** up evrything when they "scrapped" the original video. I mean, the original concept would have been great. But they ruined it. The only thing that I can complain about perfume being a single is that it should have been the 3rd or 4th single, not the 2nd.

But yeah, since FFT they always find the way to mess up everything. It's a shame but her team's full of idiots so I'm sure the same thing will happen with B10 :sickofu:

btw I think Britney era would be more great if she didn't make this movie

because of it the album and singles are mostly to promote it 

she could have made Lonely and WILTBM a single instead of INAGNYAW and ILRNR

and I think Radar as a single is fine but the video just doesn't match the dark atmosphere of song (although I love it)

5 minutes ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

Since when is Mexica so big that it can ruin albums? 

In 2002 she went to mexico to do a show. First when she was in a car papz went crazy and she gave them a finger. Mind u she was 20 at the time and still had that all american girl next door look and attitude. Then during the show, it started raining so she left the show after 4 songs. People got furious and said it was a fraud. It was a ******* big drama at the time and a couple of months before she didnt go outside to see her fans on the London crossroads premiere and she also got backlash bc of it.

12 minutes ago, Arya said:

In 2002 she went to mexico to do a show. First when she was in a car papz went crazy and she gave them a finger. Mind u she was 20 at the time and still had that all american girl next door look and attitude. Then during the show, it started raining so she left the show after 4 songs. People got furious and said it was a fraud. It was a ******* big drama at the time and a couple of months before she didnt go outside to see her fans on the London crossroads premiere and she also got backlash bc of it.

I see :giggleney:

My bad

8 hours ago, Dinirocal said:

Circus: This was almost perfect, she started strong with a great campaign and slaying, and then one of the worst marketing decissions ever made in music history came: releasing a single from your previous album to promote your new album. And not enough with that she then abandoned the era to release a pointless compilation, what a way to just kill and ****** an era, "Circus" had much more potential and could have done way more ... MESSED UP ERA #3. 

You do know that it was contractual thing? B&A had a deal that Radar would be a single from Blackout. Since she was not able to promote that album they had to make it from Circus... it's just business..

The biggest mistake of Glory era was releasing a horrible music video for Make Me.

They could have just wait for another week or two and give us a good video,then release the album 2-3 weeks later.

Slumber Party release after a couple weeks from the album release and a third single 4-5 weeks later to keep the album fresh.

She and her team don't realize that the game has changed and she needs to have something fresh on radio,tv and internet like every month or two to sell again.

11 hours ago, Lonely-*** said:

I just always wished that artists can promote not only singles. Imagine this:

BBMAs - she performs "Better" in her setlist

VMAs - she performs "If I'm Dancing" / "Do You Wanna Come Over"

Carpool Karaoke - she could have Jordan Gordon play "Change Your Mind"

iHeart - she performs "Love Me Down" in her setlist

Apple Festival - she could add "Slumber Party"

Ross - she could have performed "Clumsy"

And for the December festivals, she could add one new song from Glory every new show. ("Make Me", "Liar" & "Hard To *** Ya")

See, none of those songs were singles and Glory would have gotten more promotion. 

Please let me correct you :

BBMAs - she performs "Better" in her setlist/ The medley was perfect brought BRitney to the public with something to remember who she truly is ... a legend with incredible songs and choreo

VMAs - she performs "If I'm Dancing" / "Do You Wanna Come Over"/   Make was good idea , just the lack of exitmemt ,recreating the MV was perfect.

Carpool Karaoke - she could have Jordan Gordon play "Change Your Mind"/Kareoke she should of done 2 parts , just like Justin ,

-Make Me ,

-Man on the Moon,

-Just Luv Me ,

-CLumsy , 

-Do You Wanna Come Over,

-Slumber Party ,

-Love Me Down ,

-Hard to Forget Ya ,

-Better ,

-CHange Your MInd ,

-Liar

-  If I'm Dancing

-Finally Mood Ring , Enough to promote most of the album , these are the best tracks.

iHeart - she performs "Slumber Party , Love me Down , Just Luv Me , Better ,Man on the Moon (just a little part)" in her setlist

Apple Festival - she could add "Slumber Party"

Ross - she could have performed Make Me 

And for the December festivals, she could add one new song from Glory every new show. (I wont include make me ,cuz it was already in there setlist),They could of added

-Man on the Moon,(Snipet)

-Just Luv Me ,

-Do You Wanna Come Over,

-Slumber Party ,

-Love Me Down ,

-Hard to Forget Ya ,(Snipet)

-Better ,

-CHange Your MInd ,

2 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

The only bad thing doing Circus was the choreo on tour. Other than that everything else was great! 

I think the tour was an excellent ambitious and true pop espectacle. The choreo had too much walking at some parts and could have been better but she still looked stunning, great outfits and she was having fun. Unlike the FFT where she seemed a zombie. 

IMO its only misstep was "Radar", other than that it was a solid pop era. 

1 minute ago, Dinirocal said:

I think the tour was an excellent ambitious and true pop spectacle. The choreo had too much walking and some parts and could have been better but she still looked stunning, great outfits and she was having fun. Unlike the FFT where she seemed a zombie. 

IMO its only misstep was "Radar", other than that it was a solid pop era. 

I think Radar was out of their hands because of the contract. 

I agree Shattered Glass had single success all over it. It was sad they had to ruin it some how.

Im happy Circus tour is loved now. Ppl really when in on it when it was happening but it was a shock at that time not to see danceney. 

I love that tour! The merch was on point. 

If they cared it would be smart to do a themed album again. It went very well for everything. A strong theme because FFT was a lame attempt at a theme. 

2 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

I think Radar was out of their hands because of the contract. 

I agree Shattered Glass had single success all over it. It was sad they had to ruin it some how.

Im happy Circus tour is loved now. Ppl really when in on it when it was happening but it was a shock at that time not to see danceney. 

I love that tour! The merch was on point. 

If they cared it would be smart to do a themed album again. It went very well for everything. A strong theme because FFT was a lame attempt at a theme. 

Yep, "Shattered Glass" should have been the real 4th single with another epic fierce music video, IMO it had the potential to be way bigger than "If U seek Amy". So yeah, that stupid contractual obligation with "Radar" ruined the era. So messed up at the end anyway. 

Regarding the Tour, I don't know but I love it, its an inmese pop show, IMO its definately among Spears Tours / shows trinity. I would have loved a DVD release for it. 

Archived