One of the things that hurts me the most about Britney's career is ..

Dinirocal

One of the things that hurts me the most about Britney's career is that she's messed up every album she's done for more than a decade already and none of the majority of her albums reached its maximum or full potential. 

Her only albums that were handled or milked properly were her first 3 eras (BOMT, OIDIA, Britney) but ever since 2003 (ITZ) she or her label or her team limited every single album she did frustrating them to show their full capacity to shine. 

In the zone: Everything was going perfect and epic until she hurt her knee and cancelled the entire era, I think the whole injury was an excuse because if she was able to shoot a music video for "My prerogative" she could have perfectly shot another music video for "In the zone" but it seems she was all over it cut shorting and reducing such a brilliant album to only 3 international singles, that album could have given so much more ..... MESSED UP ERA #1

Blackout: She had a brilliant and game changing album in her hands but it wasn't released at the right time in her life, for logical reasons she couldn't treat it as it truly deserved, she pulled an infamous VMAs performance, a cheap music video for "Gimme More" and at some point she couldn't even finish the era, after BTI she said she wouldn't continue to promote it as she was moving on brand new to her comeback album ... Imagine if "Blackout" would have been promoted with the epicness of ITZ? It could have been her "Confessions on a dancefloor" ...... MESSED UP ERA #2

Circus: This was almost perfect, she started strong with a great campaign and slaying, and then one of the worst marketing decissions ever made in music history came: releasing a single from your previous album to promote your new album. And not enough with that she then abandoned the era to release a pointless compilation, what a way to just kill and ****** an era, "Circus" had much more potential and could have done way more ... MESSED UP ERA #3. 

Femme Fatale: Unlike her previous records this one wasn't cut short, she learned her lesson and pulled a complete set of 4 singles and managed to close the promotion's cycle, but there was one thing, she was out of shape, unmotivated and pulling the worst performances of her career ... So, she had to ruin it somehow no? ... MESSED UP ERA #4

Britney Jean: She starts with "Work *****" and a brilliant and expensive music video, everything seems fine, then pull a desert fiasco, to later releasing "Perfume" and the album (with terrible quality) to never ever mentioning the album again, no more singles, just abandoning it until it rot in the dark .... MESSED UP ERA #5

Glory: Such brilliant album right? .. Such brilliant lead single right? .... then scrap an expensive and edgy music video to release an even worse and cheaper music video, what a great way to launch an era, she later tried a compensantion with "Slumber Party" but it came too late once that "Glory" was already out of the charts ..... MESSED UP ERA #6

Her career is still epic and legendary and better than most Pop stars' .... But now imagine if she had handled all and every of her eras in the way she handled "Britney"? ...  My brain can't even process the slayage that would've been. Britney's albums could've been even bigger if she wanted, they never reached their full potential. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GemmaTeller said:

Yeah it seems like there's always a different problem like one thing improves greatly in each era but then another thing suffers. It's frustrating. I don't think Circus was messed up though, just safe.

I think "Circus" was going perfect until "Radar". As much as her fans love that song it wasn't the right moment and place to promote it. What a turn off. 

It's sad and frustrating that everytime we think we are going to have finally a good era because of the good starting and then everything crashes and goes to hell. :embarrassney:

When I saw WB for the first time I thought it would be an amazing era with amazing videos. I was really impacient to see what was coming next... and then 'Perfume' happened and we know the whole story. :sickofu:

With 'Glory', at least the music is a masterpiece and i don't get bored of it.. unfortunately the promotion was... nice but with really bad timing between one thing and another. The MM music video destroyed THE WHOLE HYPE everyone had... it was the first time i was watching a music video of hers with a disgust, mad and cringe face... i can't deal with the original video yet... everytime i see the leaked footage... i get frustrated tbh. :brityeah:

Lets pray for the next album to be like FF but with the current Britney. I like Vegas but she has to let it go.. it killed 2 albums in a row... :nyschool:

31 minutes ago, Dinirocal said:

I think "Circus" was going perfect until "Radar". As much as her fans love that song it wasn't the right moment and place to promote it. What a turn off. 

That was a contractual obligation if she wanted to record the song and put it on the album. It was supposed to be the fourth single from Blackout, they had a video treatment ready to go and then Britney hit rock bottom.

So they had to slap it onto Circus to avoid a lawsuit.

2 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

That was a contractual obligation if she wanted to record the song and put it on the album. It was supposed to be the fourth single from Blackout, they had a video treatment ready to go and then Britney hit rock bottom.

So they had to slap it onto Circus to avoid a lawsuit.

Well that doesn't make it any less messy. Then she should have released another cheap BTI animated continuation music video for "Radar" during the "Blackout" period in order to conclude with her contractual obligations before moving onto the next record. But just don't include a song from your previous album on your new album and let alone release it as a single. She messed up her era big time and even if she had no more option to do it that way, then she could have released one more proper single from "Circus" after it. I don't know, I just feel she started that era greatly and then she just destroyed it at the end. 

1 hour ago, Joey Angel said:

I'm hurt that we got an Animated video for "Kill The Lights"

Im hurt SG or UY were never a single but radar was. Although i love radar the song was already 2 years old when they released as a single :tiffsmoke:

4 hours ago, Luminous said:

It's sad and frustrating that everytime we think we are going to have finally a good era because of the good starting and then everything crashes and goes to hell. :embarrassney:

When I saw WB for the first time I thought it would be an amazing era with amazing videos. I was really impacient to see what was coming next... and then 'Perfume' happened and we know the whole story. :sickofu:

With 'Glory', at least the music is a masterpiece and i don't get bored of it.. unfortunately the promotion was... nice but with really bad timing between one thing and another. The MM music video destroyed THE WHOLE HYPE everyone had... it was the first time i was watching a music video of hers with a disgust, mad and cringe face... i can't deal with the original video yet... everytime i see the leaked footage... i get frustrated tbh. :brityeah:

Lets pray for the next album to be like FF but with the current Britney. I like Vegas but she has to let it go.. it killed 2 albums in a row... :nyschool:

I liked FF and I hope we get hits as well but I want something more like Glory with great experimental sounds. 

Archived